Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

How many girls have acne/red marks that

[size=3] When I put on makeup in the morning for school by middle of the day I have to rush home to reapply for

work or just hangin out. it starts itching and dissapearing. maybe just cause I have oily skin. But do you

girls feel like u haver to do it all over after a few hours?

I cannot stand to wear makeup on my entire face... it makes me feel suffocated and I can almost 'feel' my pores clogging up! I just get a cottonbud and blend concealer on individual blemishes -- it makes the face look a lot more natural than a whole layer of foundation. Also, there are no worries about sleeping with the concealer on either, as the pimple is already there so it can only get better.

As for the topic at hand -- guys shouldn't be able to tell when a girl is wearing makeup, otherwise it's just not done properly!

In regards to guys wearing makeup - I would say it's perfectly fine for them to use a concealer on individual blemishes... In fact I'd recommend it (I nearly did when I brought the boyfriend to meet the whole family for Easter, but I didn't want to hurt him. Although I do feel a bit ashamed that the thought crossed my mind, as it would kill me if he said something like that to me!)

sooo glad i found this board...

I AM definately suffering with the boyfriend issue. Even this summer I went away on a teen tour, and couldn't go swimming or anything. I missed out on soo much is was ridiculous. Its easier talking about your acne when you've narrowed it down to the makeup aspect because theres where it really causes major depression for me. Besides having so sleep or relax with a full face of makeup on around the bf, it trauamtizing in general when you feel you have entered a position where you will HAVE to remove your makeup....being a school trip, overnight at your bf's house, rafting, sports!, at the gym. I am still like this, and have cut down tremendously on the things I once enjoyed. I have to wake up two hours before school starts to perfectly apply my foundation. It feels like shit, and takes a major toll on my body. I couldn't just go to school without my makeup .. its just not that easy.. Plus sometimes I come in late and am in trouble with the administration because of it. They think I have some type of sleeping disorder and have been helpin me out a lil bit BUT --only i know its because of my acne.

This summer was so bad... I had to buy extra bottles of VERY expensive foundation incase any broke in my suitcase. And I had to fumble around int he middle of the night trying not to wake up my roomies to get to the bathroom to wash off my makeup because I didn't want them to see me take it off. My bf always wanted me to go in the hot tub with him but i never dared tooo. I'm missing out on so many things. I don't even feel confident enough sleeping at my friend's house because it would be ridiculous for me to take all my makeup over. They would wonder where the hell I thought I was going with all that stuff... it just sad

And to the person who said somehting about makeup rubbing off on their boyfriends collars and clothes/bed sheets, that always happens to me.. it is terrible

BUT - if anyone knows of a good laser treatment that DOESNT lighten the skin, because i too am biracial and cant afford for my face to get too much lighter than it already is with all this benzoyl. SO i ask you to reply back if you know of anything good.

I USE prescriptives foundation and it has been a miracle for me. My sister introduced me to it at a young age when she saw I was just wearing crap from a bottle. I urge you, if you do wear makrup to invest in something good..for you and your skin. The confidence will shine through.

Also anyone who is suffereing and hasn't found a good regimen. I have found somehtign that has recently curred me almost totally, and this is DYNACIN 75 mg twice a day.. i use clean and clear to remove my makeup and my skin is virtually clear. But I still struggle with depression and reoccuring breakouts.

REPLY BACK :cool:

Thank God for Makeup! If I didn't have it, I would look like crap everyday! Covers up everything that I hate about myself! I have a question to add to the list...am I the only girl that freaks out when they are with their bf or whatever...and things are starting to well...get "interesting" ..and you know that they are doing damage to your makeup....rubbing it all off!!!!???

My husband constantly tells me I am the most beautiful ever to him.... he sees me without makeup all the time, and it doesn't bother me. Of course, I think he is a little crazy :) but I love him anyway!

That, and I am just too lazy to think about doing makeup when I am at home all day. Makeup is reserved for going out in public :D

Everyone knows I have acne because I can't make pimples look invisible.. they just don't know I have as many red marks as I do.. but even then.. my red marks are noticeable.. because my foundation doesn't give much coverage... and doesn't look natural enough *sobs* :(... It sucks so much.. I have tried SOOOOOOO many makeups.. -Tis the curse of being extremely pale I guess :(-... but yeah.. I'm hoping veggie girl's makeup will be good.. I sent a pm to her about ordering some :).. :pray: So hopefully it works out well :D

you must use a concealer then along with the foundation. pick a concealer one shade lighter than your skin

I think that on some days I look really good but If I have a few zits of course you will know. I am really good at hiding the redmarks though. LOL

I have this one pink scar thing, right between my eyebrows, and it's so hard to cover-up, but last year when I was in high school, I was extremely obsessive about covering it up. Once I got my boyfriend, I freaked out even more because he would be closer up to me than anyone else, and after-prom was an all night thing where I wouldn't have a chance to re-apply. I used to even get to school late cause I couldn't get that mark covered up in time. I would duck into the bathroom between classes and check it. I eventually got bangs. I was scared that people would know I got bangs because of it, but I figured that's what I would do before starting college.

Now I totally freak out about stuff like wind or being in a pool. Cause I don't want my bangs to move out of the way and show people my horrible scar.

In terms of other red marks and acne, I try to keep it covered most of the time, but I feel disgusting if I don't wash my face, so I try to make my room dark after I wash, and so far, I have been somewhat successful at not letting my new boyfriend see my face looking horrible. Generally for bad looking things I use almay when my boyfriend sleeps in my room to cover them since it is supposed to heal while it covers.

But yeah, I can so relate.

wow, i thought i was the only one who did this!.....only my parents and my very close friends have seen me without make-up on...i can't leave the house without it...sometimes i just wanna cry and through something at the mirror...when people unexpectedly come over and i have no make-up on i turn into a psycho person frantically putting on foundation and powder...a little make-up and people have this great image of you...but at night it all comes off....(usually....unless i'm sleeping with other people in the room)........i just want wonder if people would say the same things to me if they saw what i really looked like...i've literally become a slave to it

wow, i thought i was the only one who did this!.....only my parents and my very close friends have seen me without make-up on...i can't leave the house without it...sometimes i just wanna cry and through something at the mirror...when people unexpectedly come over and i have no make-up on i turn into a psycho person frantically putting on foundation and powder...a little make-up and people have this great image of you...but at night it all comes off....(usually....unless i'm sleeping with other people in the room)........i just want wonder if people would say the same things to me if they saw what i really looked like...i've literally become a slave to it

i feel you. I am... THE SAME :cry:

the worst is unexpected visitors, as you've mentioned. even if i know them very well, i cant relax in my home without worrying whose car is int he driveway. I dont even pick up the phone anymore, because i dont wsnt my friends to know im in and come over right away when i dont have my foundation on. I won't come out of my room if a guest comes. and my friends always wonder why the hell i always call to confirm im comming when i am basically finished applying my makeup perfectly.. they wonder and its embarassing.. obviously i will not tell them. no one knows. no one . only my parents. no more swimming in public.. sports of any kind in the rain. couldnt hack the soccer team cuz i ran off the field when it started to rain.. u cant even fathom. once people see you with makeup, even if your skin gets a litttle bit better you continue to wear it because u dotn wanna chock anybody. im depressed over this for many years

i know people don't realize why we do these things....but they don't know what it's like.....it's really sad...i have to do a million things to myself to try and make myself look like some person walking down the street or going grocery shopping

Guest Poker-Butt
i know people don't realize why we do these things....but they don't know what it's like.....it's really sad...i have to do a million things to myself to try and make myself look like some person walking down the street or going grocery shopping

yup...i can't seem to allow myself to go out ...even on my same floor (condo building) to do laundry cuz i fear someone might see me without makeup... i need make-up always! :(

yup...i can't seem to allow myself to go out ...even on my same floor (condo building) to do laundry cuz i fear someone might see me without makeup... i need make-up always! :(

Talk about stepping of the door. I will not step foot near anyone without my makeup. I won't even go to the gym without it.. and that is bad because then u sweat, your pores clog up..more pimples. terrible. I really wanna find soem kind of laser surgery that will fade my scars but wont lighten my skin.

oh ladies!! I have found my posse!!!!

I am 42, have had acne for DECADES, ok?? I have always worn makeup and was certificably addicted to it at one point.. When i met my current husband, i guess i was going through a good skin period, but i remember the first time he slept over, getting up early and applying makeup before he woke up cause i didn't want him to see my "terrible" skin....And I remember "warning" him that i sometimes get big cysts on my chin.....(LOL- "warning him"!!) He has never indicated that he cares one bit when i get a zit- tho he hates that i stress about it sooooo much, that i feel so confined by my acne....

I have gotten better about makeup over the years...like, I don't wear it to the BEACH anymore ( lol!!!) and i will only cover red marks when i go to the gym most of the time.....BUT, i still will rarely swim ( unless I feel that i am clear enough)

I currently use Almay Kinetin makeup ( i like the creamy texture, and it has pretty good, natural looking coverage) and I recently found Exuviance covermark and that works very well to cover red marks, and you only need a tiny dab...

BUT I always wash my makeup off at night, always....and some days, i wander around until noon before showering and applying makeup ( like today) My husband and kids are the ONLY ones who see me like this, however and, even tho i have two big red marks on my chin right now , my husband, i have learned, could care less...he loves me the way i am and says he likes it when we go to the beach and i don't wear makeup...says he feels i look more natural and youthful even!!

BUT, I have to say, i dont think i will ever give up my makeup. I really do believe it makes my skin look smoother and i see no reason to stop since it works so well!!! But, i must admit, there are moments when i long for the freedom of being able to just wake up, pop in the shower, dry off and GO!!! But, alas, that just wasn't in the cards for me this lifetime....so, halleluyah to makeup!!!!

Guest fatallyours

I use either Chanel's Vitalumiere Creme foundation or Bare Minerals foundation, depending on the state of my skin. Chanel, I use when it's really bad because it covers up amazingly. Bare Minerals is great for the times when my skin is behaving.

As for going to the derm, I never wear makeup, mascara at the most but nothing on my skin so he can see the true state of my acne. I used to never go out w/o foundation but nowadays, especially now I just started my 3rd month of Accutane I try to only wear it when I feel like I have to wear it in order to go out.

And I have fooled a lot of people into thinking my skin is clear, I;m frequently asked what I use which always comes as a surprise.

I tell ya! The wonders of makeup! When my skin is clear, and i've got makeup on, it looks pretty darn good...smooth. I have had people tell me that I have nice skin....and I'm always like, wtf? can't you SEE??? Thsi makeup must be magic!!

But, when I get those damned cysts - which someone said here earlier, just cannot be covered up and actually, look BIGGER when i try to glob concealer on it- I feel that it just ruins my whole face...I guess i'm fortunate in that I ONLY get acne on my chin, I very very rarely get pimples anywhere else and very rarely on my cheeks...but my poor chin.... :( I'ts been hammered over the last ten years......

For years i have somehow always managed to get guys, and i reckon it is because of make-up!

I have fooled them all!

I best be watchin out then.......lol i wouldnt mind a girl with a little bit of it i guess

Im a guy hu wears concealer, i use it as foundation (spread it all over) is that bad?? im addicted to it, id never go out without it on. even tho everyone knows, they have their opinions but i couldnt giv a rats ass wot they think!!! lol!!! i have a gf n she dusnt care but in the morning i hide my face as best i can, then put sum more on ASAP. i dnt get why perfect skin ppl wear makeup.waste of money! its like wearing a raincoat in the summer- pointless!

i also mentioned it to sum of my mates hu have spots, n b4 i knew it theyd both txt me askin me how much it is n where to get it, they luv it too lol!

i say if girls can feel good lookin, why cant guys??!!!

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

Im a guy hu wears concealer, i use it as foundation (spread it all over) is that bad?? im addicted to it, id never go out without it on. even tho everyone knows, they have their opinions but i couldnt giv a rats ass wot they think!!! lol!!! i have a gf n she dusnt care but in the morning i hide my face as best i can, then put sum more on ASAP. i dnt get why perfect skin ppl wear makeup.waste of money! its like wearing a raincoat in the summer- pointless!

i also mentioned it to sum of my mates hu have spots, n b4 i knew it theyd both txt me askin me how much it is n where to get it, they luv it too lol!

i say if girls can feel good lookin, why cant guys??!!!

Aymen.

My boyfriend of 2 years knows about it but he has never seen me without makeup either. I sleep with makeup on when I'm with him.

Holy crap, you're one dedicated woman to make up. =] I'd never be able to pull that off!

I know, it's kind of tragic when I see what I typed there :) It's true though. I don't wear any eye or lip make up or anythnig to bed, just some concealer for my cheeks. He sees me taking my eyemake up off at night and I think he presumes I'm all natural when I come to bed with him.

HILARIOUS!!!! i did the exact same thing with my bf.

oh women. how clever we are...and diligent!

Oh God- I do the EXACT same thing! My bf of 1 and a half yrs has NEVER seen me without makeup. And when we sleep together I leave it on.