Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JaE90

Whiteheads coming and coming

look, in the same spots i get whiteheads, even after i pop them and get it all out they just keep on coming and coming back and i dont know why ? they make my skin look bumpy and weird and i need to get rid of them without adding other variables to the regimen.. any advice or why this keeps happening?

:think:

look, in the same spots i get whiteheads, even after i pop them and get it all out they just keep on coming and coming back and i dont know why ? they make my skin look bumpy and weird and i need to get rid of them without adding other variables to the regimen.. any advice or why this keeps happening?

:think:

If they're coming back right away, it's probably because popping doesn't really "get rid of them" in the first place. Popping lets some of the "stuff" out, but there can still be lots of bacteria present. In fact, popping can actually force the bacteria deeper into the skin, so it's really just making the situation worse. The pimple reforms, and then each time you pop, you're damaging that skin, so they'll probably come back looking worse. :(

The best solution is to not pop the pimples, but I know it can be REALLY tempting. :) Just try to realize that a lot of times popping does make things worse it the long run, even though it sometimes seems to make things better temporarily. And, if you REALLY feel you need to pop a pimple, follow Dan's advice for hygenic popping: http://www.acne.org/pop.html

If you stick with the Regimen, you should find that your pimples will fully heal and new ones will be less frequent. Good luck!

Eek I've got so many whiteheads popping out that my nose looks like a strawberry! Not red like that, but the whiteheads are huge like the pits on strawberries. )=

This could be a couple of things.

1. You're not popping correctly :) So, let's get down and dirty nitty gritty for a sec. When you're popping a zit, first of all it needs to be ready and white. then, after you lance it with a pin, you gotta get on the sides of the thing and kinda squeeze bottom up and get all the gunk out. If you don't it re-encapsulates and does it's thing again.

2. Irritaiton leads to breakouts. Popping is irritating. This could lead to acne re-appearing in the same spot right away or at any time within the following 2 weeks. It's a visious cycle. But, I know what you mean about needing to pop when you have a whitehead, so do it confidently, get the gunk out and move on.

3. You can try applying AHA to the area post pop. AHA is an anti-inflammatory and generally completely amazing. For more check out http://www.acne.org/alpha-hydroxy-acid.php

4. If you have more severe acne, these could be secondary comedones which often end up being bigger and more treacherous. When I had big cyst like crap all over my neck and back, accutane was the only thing that got rid of it.