Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I work in a library, today was slow so I pored through all of our medical books looking for acne related info. I'm going to post the names of vitamins, minerals, and miscellanious that came up. I am not going to post information about them, such as why I am posting them or what dosages- you can enter the items name in google to find out more. It'd be too much to type, sorry. Got a final tomorrow.

Acidophilus(capsules or liquid)

Vitamin A

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B complex

Vitamin E

Chromium

Burdock Root face rinses

Flaxseed Oil(seeds or liquid)

Fish Oil

Zinc

Apple Cider Vinegar

There you go. There were more, but these were suggestions from actual doctors, other books had that crackpot New Age types as authors, so I left out their suggestions. I am not saying take all of these(can you imagine the amount of pills and the cost?), but look into a few.

Acidophilus is a probiotic, and i have heard aswell, that it keeps in the intestines free from infectious bacteria, which is good in the case of acne. It best to take any vitamins or any supplements that is liquid, not a tablet form. The reason for this is your body cant brake down everything from the tablet, which means only about 10% - 20% is only being used by your body, which really isnt worth it.

I am currently taking a multi-vitamin, mineral and amino acid, that is liquid form, which you take 2 tablespoons of the liquid, in with some orange juice or something similar. Taking the liquid form will ensure that your body is using all of it and it will absorb into your system much quicker aswell.

If your interested in Supplementing to try and improve or rid acne, then saerch for liquid vitamins. As i live in the UK, i could only find 1 company that actually sell these... http://www.nutrimax.co.uk/

Hope this helps some of you who are interested in supplementing with vitamins

I take most of those already, plus a few more. I'm big on vitamins...anyway, taking a capsule or gelcap is good...it's those hard tablets that the stomach has a hard time breaking down.

Acidophilus is a probiotic, and i have heard aswell, that it keeps in the intestines free from infectious bacteria, which is good in the case of acne. It best to take any vitamins or any supplements that is liquid, not a tablet form. The reason for this is your body cant brake down everything from the tablet, which means only about 10% - 20% is only being used by your body, which really isnt worth it.

I am currently taking a multi-vitamin, mineral and amino acid, that is liquid form, which you take 2 tablespoons of the liquid, in with some orange juice or something similar. Taking the liquid form will ensure that your body is using all of it and it will absorb into your system much quicker aswell.

If your interested in Supplementing to try and improve or rid acne, then saerch for liquid vitamins. As i live in the UK, i could only find 1 company that actually sell these... http://www.nutrimax.co.uk/

Hope this helps some of you who are interested in supplementing with vitamins

u can try capsules too which is powder that is easily absorbed.

also the best brand of acidophilus i found is natren's. it should come in a refrigerator and be in a dark glass bottle.

Guest fatman_uk

I take bodybuildin Multivitamins... way more than the RDA for everythin, makes me more awake an i could carry on without sleep forever, or at least that's how i feel, lol.

I also take Flaxseed Oil everyday, best supplements on earth in my opinion, very beneficial... everyone should take it. biggrin.gif

-Gaz