Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JSB

Subcision B/A photo

yea it looks good, but I always get confused with those terms. I know what excision is that is where they cut out the scar and stitch it back together.

Subcision... hm enlighten me hehe

I'll answer my own question, damn the FAQ rules..

Q: What is subcision? Will it improve my scars?

A: Subcision is a method whereby a Dr. uses a "Nokor" needle to break up the scar tissue underneath the surface of the skin. It is said to be best for “rolling� scars that are “bound down�. Bound down scar tissue looks smoother when the skin adjacent to the scar is pulled tight. Some peoples’ scarring has improved by this method, others have had minimal or no improvement, and others have had their scarring deepen (though this seems to be more rare). Please see your Dermatologist for further information on this procedure.

My scars are on my cheeks and around the temporal area. There not that noticeable from far, but when I look up close to the mirror I can see them, especially when the light is right above the mirror. However, when I stretch the skin around my cheeks, most of the scars dissappear. Does that mean anything?

I disagree Pete,

Her pictures were taken 6 month after the procedure. With that particular doctors track record it is said that the results are after 6 month are permanent. Of course we are talking about fat here, a natural living tissue, it will continue to reabsorb for years to come, just like your own fat/collagen will.

And that particular doctor has no intentions of taking misleading pictures as he follows up with his patients every year to take new pictures, he has photos of patients 10 years after the procedure.

I do agree however that many doctors do in fact take misleading pictures as well as retouch the photos.

Hey everyone, check this site out

http://www.pfrankmd.com/scars.html

The bottom picture is exactly the same however the doctor claims that the patient has been corrected via "soft tissue fillers" and "laser toning" and your site claims the same patient was improved by subcision. I guess you cant trust pictures or doctors to put up legitimate pictures either. Unfortunately, money rather than honesty seems to be the major driving force with these people.

Hey everyone, check this site out

http://www.pfrankmd.com/scars.html

The bottom picture is exactly the same however the doctor claims that the patient has been corrected via "soft tissue fillers" and "laser toning" and your site claims the same patient was improved by subcision. I guess you cant trust pictures or doctors to put up legitimate pictures either. Unfortunately, money rather than honesty seems to be the major driving force with these people.

Frank is a quack! I went to him for CROSS.

After I saw that he just dipped a tootpick into TCA and charged me $250 per session, I got the hell out of there.

Mind you, the TCA Cross didn't even work! It never frosted and didn't even scab over!

HE's full of it.

By the way so is Rhoda Narins and her money-grubbing husband David Narins.

Avoid at all cost as if they were the plague..

She ruined my skin!

Treating acne is Derm 101; she must have slept late that day. Witch!

How do you know which doctor performed the surgery?

Those pictures are not direct results of either one of those doctors. They are just sample pictures of possible outcomes of such procedures. Both pictures are property of ASDS or American Academy of Dermatologic Surgery. On the bottom of the page or the picture it is written in very small letters that they belong to ASDS (disclaimer). Once again, one has to understand he or she can not rely on the pictures posted on the website as an accurate depiction of the outcome.