Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

During and after school after doing the regimin in the morning before school, my face feels so disgusting. Its feels so oily and filthy even as i sit here typing. Ive had oily skin for years now but i was hoping the regimin would cut back on it. I feel as though even though i have bp on all this oil and bacteria is just gonna counteract the benefits of the bp. Maybe the oilyness means nothing and the bp really is at work but im thinking of buying those pads to dab it off during the day. Ive been using the Eucerin Renewal which ive heard can lead to more oily skin. Are there other moisturizers that dont contribute as much to oily skin???

I would definitely try the blotting papers. I bought them for my step-daughter and she loved them. You could also try the Clean & Clear oil absorbing powder. It's bluish-looking in the compact, but it doesn't look blue on your skin. And it doesn't matter if you're male or female, anyone would probably benefit from it as it just absorbs the oil and gives you a more matte look. When my red marks are faded, I'm considering just using that stuff. Also, it would work well to take away that greasy feeling after the moisturizer. Hope that helps :) ~Lisa~

i used to use clean and clear blotting sheets but they were just too much money.and i was using them all the time.but now i use ezwiders .i forgot who posted it awhile back.but im glad they did.also try milk of magnesia mask its great for controling oil.

I would definitely try the blotting papers. I bought them for my step-daughter and she loved them. You could also try the Clean & Clear oil absorbing powder. It's bluish-looking in the compact, but it doesn't look blue on your skin. And it doesn't matter if you're male or female, anyone would probably benefit from it as it just absorbs the oil and gives you a more matte look. When my red marks are faded, I'm considering just using that stuff. Also, it would work well to take away that greasy feeling after the moisturizer. Hope that helps :) ~Lisa~

Hey..thanks for the input! The oil absorbing powder..does it seem to cover up any red marks at all? Or is it just to get rid of the oilyness. Ill have to try some of this stuff! Thanks a ton

oil won't cause u to have acne...it is onli 1 type of oil that ur face releases...called sebum, the bacteria feeds on this oil

I've heard really good things about Complex 15 face cream as far as reducing oilyness.

My forehead's always been fairly oily, so I've felt weird about using moisturizer with the Regimen. I bought some Complex 15 at CVS... I've only been using it a couple days, but it does seem pretty nice. Non-greasy, and my skin does seem less shiny throughout the day. I haven't used it long enough to say for sure that it's wonderful, but it seems to be pretty nice so far. :)

One big downside is that this stuff doesn't have SPF... I've heard that lots of SPF ingredients contribute to oilyness, however, so I'm not sure if there's a happy solution to that problem.

I have also heard that Eucerin can cause oilyness, which is unfortunate, since it otherwise sounds wonderful. Good luck in your search for something else. :)

OC8 oil control genius...www.oc8.com or www.oc8.co.uk.

it works...maybe for only 4hours, but then, you just apply more..it acts like moisturiser, but when it dries, its all gone.its fairly expensive, but i swear by it.