Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maciej

Lemons as a preparation for TCA PEEL?

hello.

i am interested in doing a tca peel but i don't have anything like the retin-a or glycolic cream to prepare my skin with. someone has mentioned before that they use lemon juice as a primer for TCA PEELS. i was wondering what you all think about that? would it be ok to use?

I don't know anything about that method, but prior to a peel I just rinse my skin with water and then some destillated alcohol to remove all dead skin and oils.

Im still kinda new at this thing but I would recommend some vitamin supplements to stimulate faster healing. But not necessary if you have a healthy eatingpatern

I get it from the pharmacy, my doc gives me a bottle per month to rinse my face and prevent or decrease acne infections. But I would think that you can get destillated alcohol in most (cosmetic) shops around the corner. Wall Mart perhaps, I don't know.. I don't live in the U.S.

Well, I can't be sure but most likely they should have it. but I'm in Holland so I don't know for sure. Just check it out.

Im right in the middle of a peel I atleast think I am. Yesterday I did a jessner peel on my chin and spotreated some icepicks with TCA, kinda like a cross but with low percentage. I poke a few times with a toothpick to get a white frost.

And about my chinpeel, well someone told me the jessner doesn't give a frost so i'll just have to wait what it will do in a couple of days. I hope it peels, if not i'll do a couple more layers. If that doesn't work then my skin is very tough hehe.

Well im not saying this is the best method for the best yields, also I am a newbie in the peeling area so just keep in mind that my way is just "a way " . Some people have light peels and some creams a few weeks prior to peeling, but i just choose to keep it simple.

goodluck anyway

I'm in the UK. I wonder if i went to a pharmacy tomorrow they would have some there?

I just use regular alcohol. Works fine for me. Ocasionally I will actually use a real primer.

Hi kamstan. Where do you get the regular alcohol from? I went to a pharmacy today and asked if they had any. I said i was looking for an alcohol that cleanses the skin but they said they don't have any and won't be getting any in. What is the regular alcohol you are referring to kamstan? :)