Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

:D - Hi Everybody! It has been so long since this board has been up! Talk about frustrating!

Well, about 2 weeks ago, my skin started looking bad! Two months of the SkinClean and the Vitacure zinc/copper had worked and then disaster! I resorted to buying the Shiseido Pureness line and it was awful the first two days! I mean awful! So went back to SkinClean and then bought some Clinique Acne solution for night. Have used it 3 nights and it seems to be working. Bret of SkinClean got back to me and said to try the #1 & #2 Clinque toner for now, as I get the oiliest skin! Also, they are developing a cleanser that is a little gentler which may help my skin, as it is a combo of being very oily, very very fair, but sensitive! The SC exfoliates daily, which may be a bit much for me.

Let me know how all of you on SkinClean are doing. If this does not work, I may resort to Accutane which I do not want to do at all, but folks, it gets discouraging. I am back east right now until this Thursday visiting for 6 days.

Newcastlegirl with lots of greetings!

Hey, it's good to be back. I had mixed results with the Skinclean as well. I wrote to Bret and he refunded my money even though I did not ask for it. I continue to use it and will probably buy it again. I don't believe that it is as great a product as advertised, but I feel it's still a good cleanser. The feel of my skin after washing with it is still very unique. It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed and clean without drying it out. I found my problems to be the use of too strong a toner with the Skinclean and my topical acne meds. After I ran out of Clinique Scruffing Lotion 4 1/2(their strongest), I switched to 3 1/2 and it's working out MUCH better. I sometimes skip a day of Differin too. I am also very gentle with the Skinclean. For me, it seemed to be a case of too many products. I still wonder if Skinclean would work better if I didn't use my prescription meds. It would be nice to just wash with it, use the toner and moisturize. My face is looking pretty good right now. I'm sorry to hear that you had a setback. Accutane will bring on its own set of side effects. I hope that you can avoid taking it. Did you ever try just using Skinclean, toner and moisturizer. BTW, you should really check out Oil of Olay Total Effects moisturizer w/SPF 15. This is the FIRST moisturizer that I have been able to use for any period of time w/o any additional breakouts. I even use it twice daily.

njacobs,

I've heard some good things about the Oil of Olay Total Effects.....could you tell me how much it is?.....I remember seeing it at the grocery store and I believe it was about $12, but if you don't mind taking the trouble to tell me how the cost. :wink:

I've used the regular, oil-free Olay moisturizer and have been very pleased with it over the last couple of years. I still get breakouts, but it goes on smooth, feels good, makes my skin feel real soft (especially after shaving), and is a reasonable price. Much better than other sunscreen/moisturizers I've tried in the last few months (the ones from Syprex were rather disappointing; like many pure sunscreens, it never fully absorbed and made my face greasy and the moisturizer smelled (and felt) strangely very strong and potent).

Thanks for any info you care to give :!::D

:?: Neal, is the Oily of Olay Total Effects Moisturizer/SPF 15 the oil free one Barbe (forgot to read her name correctly, sorry) talks about in the next post? I know I need a totally oil-free one.

Also, Bret told me to use the women's #1 or #2 (I am using #2 as I have several samples) of Clinique toner - do you think this is too harsh? He also said they were coming out with a gentler cleanser, and I am still awaiting his samples.

I feel like I could sell all my products on eBay, I have so many! I bought some Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with light tint, do you have any opinions on that? I know my brother loves it and I thought for daytime I would use it to avoid having to put make-up on.

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Karen aka Newcastlegirl

BarBQLover:

The Total Effects is $18-20. I know it's expensive, but I really like it. It comes in fragrance free and fragrance free with SPF 15. You don't have to use much at all. I'm surprised that you use regular Oil of Olay. I would think that it would make you breakout a lot.

Karen:

Total Effects is oil-free. If the Clinique women's toner follows the same strengths as the men's, then #1 would be the least potent (probably alcohol-free). I started with 4.5, but it was too much for my skin. I now use 3.5 and it's working out great. As for the Neutrogena moisturizer, being a guy I don't think I would use something tinted. When I give up on an acne product, it goes into my cabinet. I guess that I think that someday I will be able to use it again. I have to force myself to periodically throw the stuff away.