Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tony Traffic

The Tane Trip (Isotane & Sotret)

Day 32 :D Here I go I tryed all the other stuff antibiotics, creams, religion, spells, and praying none of these things helped me when my acne was at its worst...I was tired of the acne, crying alone, and drinking by myself...,my derm wouldnt give me Accutane..so recently i said "fuck it" and ordered some Isotane (isotretinoin) it helped out alot I'm on day 32 right now :dance: ....last week i decided to tell my derm what i was doing he said it was dangerous and told me to take a blood test...after the results he gave me Sotret (isotretinoin) perscription....I'm so happy i will start on Sotret next Thursday when i get paid....I'll update all the time thanks for your support :D

HERE U ARE! SO WHAT ARE U GOING TO DO WITH THE REST THAT U ORDERED, NOW THAT YOUR DOC IS PRESCRIBING IT FOR YOU??? I NEVER GOT MY ORDER AND I AM GETTING VERY CONCERNED. SO IT APPEARS YOUR BLOOD WORK CAME BACK OK. SEE, YOUR SELF-MEDICATING DIDN'T KILL U LIKE WE ALL THOUGHT IT WOULD. KEEP US POSTED ON UR SOTRET RESULTS.

I'm gonna keep it in my room for a year or two incase my acne comes back and i need a second coarse....i never got my last order I'm gonna call the company tommorow and ask them whats going on...I spent 644.00 dollars on that stuff i better get it LOL....I'll keep yall posted aiiight :)

Day 38.....Things are cool only dry lips cracking. I dont like the redness but i can live with it. Tommarow i switch to Sotret. My Isotane pills never came from that Canadain site yet. oh well. They said it could be awhile.

Day 41 on Isotane.....Okay i finally got my pills they gave me Claravis (generic) one 40 mg in the morning and another 40mg at night 80mg total...it costs alot without insurance 336 dollars a month WOW thats alot plus derm visits and blood tests but i'm glad i'm going throught it 4 months......in the the end it will be worth it..ACNE FREE someday

Day 3 ......things coo dry lips....head hurts and NO MORE ACTIVE ACNE YES its been like that for the past 2 weeks.....:).....wuz up Jazzychic how ya been?....ya they told me the same thing they said they would e-mail me or give me a call.

POST MORE PICS DARNIT! :wall: so we can see the dry lips. And you assured us you would post close ups so that the ance (which is now gone...excuse me mr. man) is clearer. All of your past pics were so far away, it was difficult to tell if you actually had acne. Me, my girlfriends, and even my lil daughter come on here periodically to see what you and CLAUD (another member) have posted. So keep us updated. :dance:

Oh, I meant to tell you, I called that wacky Canadian comp. and requested a full refund. I found another supplier that is cheaper, and has it IN STOCK. They gave me the run around so I simply called mastercard and requested a full refund and investigation. Mastercard will refund the money to my card within 24 hours, and deal with 'ole Canada directly. The sad thing is I actually have full insurance coverage, but can't find a dermatologist willing to prescribe it for me :doh: OY EVAY!

I just posted some new pics just for you Jazzychic check them out...I got one new pimple which sucks but should go away quickly...where ya pics at? :)

I will keep updating....i need to get a refund to....644 dollars is alot of money

Well I started today :dance: Got my money back from that Canada Drug site and received my ACCUTANE from my new supplier "YAY!". I'm going to take 100mg per day. I just took my first two pills, and will take three later on ith dinner. I'm SOO excited!!! TONY, you don't even have any darn acne! I cannot believe you are taking anything.

Well I started today :dance: Got my money back from that Canada Drug site and received my ACCUTANE from my new supplier "YAY!". I'm going to take 100mg per day. I just took my first two pills, and will take three later on ith dinner. I'm SOO excited!!! TONY, you don't even have any darn acne! I cannot believe you are taking anything.

hey do u have a prescription from the derm ??

Nope. Trying to get a dermatologist to prescribe Accutane here in NYC is a joke. It has been my experience that the dermatologists insist on prescribing one antibiotic or topical treatment after another. Even after years of no improvement, ACCUTANE is still not an option. So, I decided to order overseas. The problem is, while weeks ago there were MANY online sites selling ACCUTANE, nearly all have cut the drug from their site as a result of the FDA's latest roadblock (the iPLEDGE program) which the overseas suppliers would be unable to adhere to. So I was one of the lucky ones who was able to snatch up a batch before it was too late.

Now all I have to do is go to my primary care physician and let him know that I am taking ACCUTANE. He will do the bloodwork as part of my routine physical, and this is how I will have my triglycerides and liver function monitored. I'm sure my doctor will think my decision foolish, however, he will not refuse to do the bloodwork because he is my physician and is charged with providing medical care and treatment to me.

Edited by jazzychicnyc

jazzychic how ya been....i havent been on in a while cuz my internet got shut off..but i'm back now...i'm glad u got your accutane jazzy...how long u gonna take it for? keep us posted on the progress and goood luck :)....i'm still on the tane and doing good....i had 2 pimples in the last month it seems the redmarks take long to heal....i just want this redness to go away......

I jumped right on 100mg/day. I started NOVEMBER 7th. TODAY IS DAY 18. Basically, I have dry lips that are peeling like crazy. The dryness doesn't bother me so much. It's the PEELING (UUUghhh). Sometimes, I have white shags of skin hanging from my lips!!! Disgusting. And I'm scared to peel it because I'm afraid of the pain.

But two days ago, I started using this Palmers cocoa butter stick that I had laying around, and amazingly, the peeling skin stopped. In fact, a lot of the dryness has gone as well. Works MUCH better than the glossy lip balm I had been using (and Vaseline was a joke. The worste remedy ever. Didn't do a THING for me). Beside the dry lips, I have no side effects. Nothing. I am using brand Accutane, not generic. I do not have any active acne. The red marks are still there though. ANY SIDE EFFECTS????? WHAT DOSAGE ARE U ON NOW???? HOW HAVE UR BLOOD RESULTS BEEN??

80 mgs a day the only side effects are dry lips and arms and peeling face i gotta get some of that cocoa butter stuff cuz the kind i use leaves my lips shiney with sucks balls...blood results are normal my derm said everything is good....the brand name Accutane Wow that must cost a arm and both legs

TONY!

I see you came by my page. I posted some result pics on my page. Go see my results dog :dance: I just love that little smiley. That's got to be my most commonly used smileylololol. Anyway, do you also have days with LOTS of drying/peeling lips and others with not so much peeling?? Like yesterday, my lips were so dry that I walked around with my lips folded in! But today, no shedding at all :rolleyes: I would rather my body peel; at least no one would see that beside me. Sheesh! this dry lip thingy is awful.........

yeah somedays my lips peel more then other day..but i think they are peeling more now then ever chapstick helps a lil just for a few mins..i wake up everday now and my face is white and dry around my mouth...but i dont have any new acne its about month 2 for me i dont remember :)

You must mean month two since your dermatologist prescribed it for you, because it's been much longer if you include your self-medication start date.

Can you believe these morons CLOSED my thread??!! i couldn't believe it. So many people were outraged that i was self-medication at 100mg/day that I am certain someone reported me. It's soooo sad. Total haters lolololol. Anyhow, I get the same thing: dry pale face with dry lips. I'm the same comlexion as you, so we probably look very similar when we wake up.

I haven't had any pimples in a minute either. NONE. But I have a great deal of red scarring about my cheeks.