Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
olha

wow, clear makeup?

It's for improving texture rather than color, so no, it would not cover at all.

It's sort of a new marketing spin on a primer.

I tried some pressed powder like that... It had no colour, and it was supposed to improve the look of skin texture and brighten your appearance. (Cornsilk Shine Control Skin Brightener in No Colour).

What I got was sparkly stuff all over my face... So I don't think it improves texture. Actually, I think it brings out faults, b/c it sinks into lines, or looks all scraggley on anything but perfectly smooth skin.

So I just use it on cheeks now and then, and it's good for eye shadow.

Don't know if it is at all like the stuff you looked at...

I tried some pressed powder like that... It had no colour, and it was supposed to improve the look of skin texture and brighten your appearance. (Cornsilk Shine Control Skin Brightener in No Colour).

What I got was sparkly stuff all over my face... So I don't think it improves texture. Actually, I think it brings out faults, b/c it sinks into lines, or looks all scraggley on anything but perfectly smooth skin.

So I just use it on cheeks now and then, and it's good for eye shadow.

Don't know if it is at all like the stuff you looked at...

well, in all honesty I've never tried either but I'm really bored so I'll look some stuff up:

:redface:

There are two philosophy products by that name, one is a liquid powder and the other is a makeup. The liquid powder's first few ingredients are water, propylene glycol, nylon-12 and magnesium aluminum silicate -- basically this is Milk of Magnesia (ok, not the same thing but similar to it -- used by proactive as an oil absorber and also in pepto) with a smoother texture and some essential oils thrown in at the end. The foundation is described below:

philosophy®: do you crave airbrushed skin? do your wrinkles and pores deserve to appear minimized? are you searching for a new foundation? then we have a present for you.

for fine lines, wrinkles and uneven texture

can be used over oil-free moisturizer to help create a flawless looking complexion

can be used under makeup to help create a smoother finish

can be used alone as an oil-free moisturizer for sensitive problem skin

and is almost entirely silicone based, so it's primary function is to smooth skin's texture and add a coating which will change how the skin reflects light.

Neither of these would be sparkly so if you are interested go for it, but there is no way these will cover red marks.

'the present' is a pore clogging monstrosity. Throw that tube down, run, and don't look back!

To support my words , I've added the link below from MUA regarding to this product. Though some users love it, I imagine that they have acne free skin, as many of the reviewers of this product also expereinced the horrific break out effect that I did.

It's also garbage as a make-up primer, as many formulas of foundation simply will not blend with it, no matter how long you let 'the present' set first.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showrev...phy/Treatments/