Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stylepts

Used accutane for 5 years -- I'm pissed at new import laws!

I'm a 29 year old male, very fit, and I've used accutane for 5 years now for cosmetic purposes even though I have very mild occasional breakouts.

Some background... Ok, I never had really bad acne, however I do break out now and again due to over-production of facial skin oil. I've tried all the antibiotics and topicals under the sun...minocyclin, tetracyclin, benzamycin, sulfacet-R (sp), retin-A, etc. Nothing worked for me until I convinced a doc to prescribe me accutane. It's been tough as hell to convince doctors to give me accutane because they consider my case very mild, however when I do break out the pustules can be deep and cause scarring, so that's always been my argument.

So anyway, 4 years ago I finally got on a 5 month cycle of accutane 40mg twice daily. That basically nuked my skin and in 3 months I was completely clear, albeit with severe chapped lips. After I stopped the treatment I didn't have a single pimple for about 18 months. Then slowly my skin began to revert back to its old ways, just even milder acne than before. So I got on another 4 month cycle of 20mg twice a day. Again, nuked my skin and cleared me up for a good year. Needless to say, I absolutely LOVE accutane! I use it for cosmetic purposes now and it's a god send miracle drug.

Anyway, after a couple treatments it gets tough convincing docs to prescribe me accutane when I have occasional mild breakouts. I also began to figure out the exact dosage that works for me. So a couple years ago I started buying my accutane from Australia and Canada using my previous experience as guidance...when I was under supervision, I got monthly blood tests and never had any fluctuation in my liver even when I was taking a large dosage of 40mg x2 per day.

So this is what has worked like a charm for me over the last few years. Note: you must have cleared your skin with an accutane cycle or otherwise, before you try what I do because this only works by controlling skin oil production. I buy 10mg Roaccutane or Isotane (generic) and I use it to regulate my facial skin oil with a maintenance dose. I take one 10mg per day (very small dose) for 10 days which clears me up and mildly chaps my lips. Then I stop taking accutane since my facial skin oil production has ceased. This has always been key for me...as long as my oil production is low, my skin is healthy and blemish free. I love dry skin on my face with some moisturizer if needed. After the initial loading period (10 days), I then proceed to take one 10mg every three or four days just to regulate my skin oil production and keep my face skin dry. I've been doing this for a few years now and it's kept my skin perfectly clear.

Now that I've used up my supply I've searched online at my regular pharmacies and I found out that this year in March or so, they passed some very strict laws regarding accutane due to women getting pregnant on the drug or using while pregnant, despite every capsule on the package being clearly marked with a warning, all the advice from doctors, etc etc. So now because some people are idiots, people like me have to get screwed over. Basically, it's near impossible to have accutane shipped to the US without prescription. So I have to have my accutane sent to friends overseas who then forward it to me which is a pain in the ass. Everyone knows how expensive accutane is in America and overseas is the way to go, where you can buy 60 10mg tabs for as low as $100 without insurance. With my maintenance program I describe above, I can stay clear on this budget for 6 months at a time.

By the way, in Europe accutane can be bought without a prescription...that's right, over the counter at European pharmacies. The European Union has a department equivelent to the FDA, but in Europe their studies have shown accutane's risks and side effects to be vastly exaggerated and overblown compared to what is conventional wisdom in America. That's why in Europe accutane doesn't need a prescription. Based on my own experience with accutane over a 5 year period, I tend to believe the Europeans on this issue. I believe 10mg of accutane is such a low dosage and can be taken safely without a doctor's supervision as long as you are in good health.

So anyways, I just wanted to share my experiences with everyone here and rant a bit about the draconian anti-accutane laws in our country. Accutane is a miracle drug for me and as long as my face produces too much oil, I'll be using small doses of accutane to regulate my oil production. Minimum oil = minimum acne.

Basically, it's near impossible to have accutane shipped to the US without prescription.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. There are numerous places that will ship generic Accutane to the US without a prescription and for much cheaper than 60x10mg for $100.

I thought you'd ordered some from Turkey? :confused:

yeah i did, but its expensive and im looking for more sources. i have a feeling these people might be shady too. i would appreciate it if i could find a reputable trustworthy place where i can get some tane.

i really want some for insurance just in case capsiderm ever stops working.

So you want a reputable trust worthy place that will sell you illegal drug....I dont think they exist.

i was at a site earlier this month or somethin sellin' 10 or 20mg of sortret for pretty cheap, i think from argentina...can't remember if u needed a prescription though

Basically, it's near impossible to have accutane shipped to the US without prescription.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. There are numerous places that will ship generic Accutane to the US without a prescription and for much cheaper than 60x10mg for $100.

Well, if you've found a good supplier, please PM me and tell me where. Thing is, I won't use generics from 3rd world country pharmaceuticals like Mega Ltd (Thailand). The only brands I trust are Roaccutane (overseas Roche accutane) and Isotane (New Zealand). Both of these have been exceedingly hard to find ever since the FDA mandated accutane S.M.A.R.T program went into effect.

So you want a reputable trust worthy place that will sell you illegal drug....I dont think they exist.

You mean, sell the drug illegally as opposed to selling an illegal drug right? There's a big difference considering accutane is not a controlled substance, but merely requires prescription for tight import laws. Canada, Australia, and the EU are all first world nations like the US and hardly illicit suppliers.

You mean, sell the drug illegally as opposed to selling an illegal drug right? There's a big difference considering accutane is not a controlled substance, but merely requires prescription for tight import laws. Canada, Australia, and the EU are all first world nations like the US and hardly illicit suppliers.

Well Im not going to get all into this because there no point and its your decision what you do to your body. But to make my point, yes, its is the same thing. There are perscriptions for a reason you know, and its not because of tight import laws. Its because they are illigal drugs to use unless you have a perscription. Thus making it one in the same. You can get marijuana through perscriptions, same with accutane. However both are illigal without that slip of paper.

Sorry, but your logic is lacking and quite frankly you are incorrect. Go to the DEA website and examine the control rosters for illegal substances. They don't even have to be drugs, but can be vitamins or supplements. Show me where prescription drugs are on any of the rosters.

Next, go look up the definition of prescription. The sole purpose of a prescription is to encourage people to obtain guidance from a professional before using certain drugs.

Third, test my definition and show me ONE PERSON who has been arrested and convicted for possession of accutane without a prescription, because that is the penalty for having any illegal substance.

Comparing accutane to marijuana? ROFL! Apparently you're smoking it.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=68942

If you want or need an acne prescription, see a doctor and get it legally. If you get prescriptions illegally online you could easily hurt yourself or waste your money.

- Independent studies have been performed on the sale of Internet-bought prescriptions. Often the prescription contains no active ingredient, little active ingredient, or in a worst case scenario toxic amounts of active ingredient.

- Drugs bought without a prescription can actually be a completely different compound from what the buyer intends.

Acne.org prohibits the illegal trade of any form of drug or prescription drug. If you see a post from someone selling a prescription, please report it immediately. Thanks.