Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Proactiv is a bunch of bullshit, my sister once brought it and give a try but nothing works. She even has more ance after using this gay proactiv, so we return it and get our money back!! :mad:

Hey everyone.

I always visit acne sites and I always see people ask if Proactiv works or not. Ive never seen a poll with results showing how proactiv worked for people.

Therefore, I created a poll on my website at http://www.dealwithacne.com. If you visit the site, on the left, you'll see a poll which asks: "How Well Did Proactiv Work For You?"

I would appreciate if you guys voted. In around a month, I will talley up the votes and try to write an article with the results.

Thanks!

whta's th eactive ingredient in proactive??

About two months ago I purchased Pro-Active. It didn't work for me, way too harsh for my skin, my skin is so sensitive. I was really dry/itchy from it. I also had an allergic reaction to the BP.

Does proactiv works for me?

Yes, proactiv works on me when I first use it. Some of my pimples was gone, but not completely. Then after two months and my proactiv solution was empty. I realize that my face is so dry but yet i like it because i only had a few little pimples.

I ordered my next proactiv kit, and I receive it with two months delayed. Their delivery sucks.... I start using it on that day, but it makes my skin worst. I thought that it's normal reaction because of the delayed of use, but everday I got lots of pimples. I was afraid to use it now but I will give it a try again..

People...you should know by now that no cream is going to "fix" acne forever...just like our bodies we eventually become immune...proactive does not work...if it does its a temporary fix...i used it worked for a while than it came back....went off it for a while and then ordered it again and it worked then it came back again..yey..:S....i wish companies would stop comim up with this acne crap...its the same for everything in life......we are suckers...and they know this. Anyways thats how i feel about.....iv stoped using "acne creams" because i find it doesent help....i wash my face and use a moisturizer and i still get some pimples but not soo bad..when you think about it those acne creams are drying out your skin making you shed skin cells even more dont you think that thats a perfect invironment for clogged pores?...say yes.. its true...some of you should just lay off the acne creams and see what happens....becides putting harsh chemicals on your face...does that sound helpful?...haah i could go on for days..

I understand your frustration, but actually Proactiv has worked for me for abut 9 years now. Is that a temporary fix or what??

i think it could w/o the cleanser ....never tried it w/o the cleanser ...my breakouts dont stop im so depressed...i have tons of proactiv in my junk drawer...i might give it another go, im so desperate!

how do u know if ur allergic to bp?

Woah, this was a while ago Karen..... but I too have TONS of proactiv hiding away in one of my closets... I tried to cancel my membership, but they are assholes and it never got done.... so, I still got the stupid shit in the mail!!!!!

I'm thinking about writing them a nasty email saying how bad their customer service is and that I want my money back, wasted money that is!!!!! hahahahahaha......

It helped my face very little after one year's use.. but I was not satisfied..#1. cost way to much money, and #2. the improvement was too little. and #3. the process was too long. (cleanse tone exfoliate) After I switched to BP cleanser I saw better results.

Hey, I came across this new website called www.acnefighters.com, if you have a chance check it out, the tips and reviews this site gave me, has helped my skin dramaticly!!!!!!!! :clap:

YES, it worked for me and it was amazing but then it stopped working! :(

YUP THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!! Proactiv worked like a charm for the first few months..

and these days it doesnt seem to be doing jack shit for some reason.. its weird.. Im using BP gel now alongside proactive and ohhh my is the BP ever drying out my skin!!!! :rolleyes:

Hopeful

I had no idea Proactive had such problems associated with it....I've been thinking of switching to proactive from Differin but up until now I haven't been sure enough to justify the cost. I think I'll hold off switching to another product until I do a bit more research.

I am quite fond of the BP and their toner, but the cleanser is too harsh.

I'm getting great results from their BP and toner and using a 10% AHA moisturiser at night and on spots during the day.

It's called NeoStrata and it was one of the only AHA moisturisers I could find here in Melbourne. 'tis good

It didn't work for me at all. It didn't make my acne worse or better, pretty much no difference. I use the toner though, it helps to fade red marks and makes my skin feel nice.

Have been a user of proactiv for four years and its the only product that keeps my forehead clear but way too harsh for my cheeks. I use two separate products on my face, a gentle foaming cleanser on my cheeks and proactiv on my forehead. I'm 90% clear but never 100%.

I had the worst experience with proactive, I had a few pimples on my jawline so thought okay lets try proactive, it worked for two days... then I BROKE OUT LIKE CRAZY!!!! My face was 10 times worse than it had ever been! So I quit and went on Dan's regimen it took alsmost two months to undo the damage that Proactive did to my poor face. I'm telling you guys dont DO IT. Be gentle with your skin, it's the best way to go, dont use scrubs, use peels once or twice a week, that is good enough exfoliation.

proactiv worked for me..i was completely clear...and then i stopped because it was expensive to upkeep and i figured "hey im clear now" what a mistake :|my face broke out so badly...i tried to go back to using the products but it just didnt have the same effect.

So booooooooo

Guest nec77

i just know a lot of people here hate it. its also pretty damn expensive. im sure you could find a much cheaper alternative.

I tried it about a year ago.

It just dried my face out more, and made it redder. I think it only had a good effect on getting rid of whiteheads.

For me at least.

My friend has been using it for about five months, and she is really clear! I guess it works for some people.

were the results posted from the poll? there were only 288 votes.

30% helped or helped a little

70% didn't help at all or made worse.

not good odds :(

it didn't work for me, and my friend said it worked a little but when he ran out, within 3 days his acne was back with a vengence!