Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you know our acne is caused by hormones or not? im 14 and im not sure if my acne is due to hormones or something else. is it still possible to clear our skin even if our acne is hormonal? can anyone help me out?

Guest james11

How do you know our acne is caused by hormones or not? im 14 and im not sure if my acne is due to hormones or something else. is it still possible to clear our skin even if our acne is hormonal? can anyone help me out?

Hey, ask your doctor if you can get a hormone level reading but apparently (after reading stuff on here) your hormones will quite often read as normal even with hormonal Acne. Who knows??

However, i am of the opinion that while you have Acne it's a good idea to try and manage it as best you can so as to reduce the chance of scarring. And of course we all want to use things to try and have as little Acne as possible.

How bad is your skin? It is good to get the Acne early, manage it or maybe even rid yourself quite quickly.

I beleive it would be in your interest to seek good advice from a Dermatologist (your Doctor will point you in the direction of one).

Depending on how bad your skin is, they may suggest a number of different things. Definately involve your parents in this whole thing, you need to know what you're getting into and when you're young some things won't make sense.

Let me know

:)