Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elfgirl

b-5 and b- complex

I have begun to recently take 1 b-5 500mg and 1 b-complex vit a day. Have noticed that I have break-outs on my neck and on my chest that won't go away or clear up. Anyone else have that problem? I was all clear on one side and clearing up nicely on the other side and my chest was all but clear, maybe a zit or two and now it seems to have exploded again! Any help, suggestions? thanks

ok, since no one answered me back, I can tell that that much b-5 and b- complex vits together did a bad thing for my face. Now that I have screwed those 2 vits my face is looking better than ever, so I just answered my own question.

how long were you taking them for? a lot of vitamins seem to break me out at the start. i was/am megadosing on B5 and i looked like a 15 year old for about a week again with all the zits i had (i am 29)

Y-E-S. I totally broke out from megadosing on B5, sucked big time cuz it took bloody ages for the acne from it to go away. Stay away!

Y-E-S. I totally broke out from megadosing on B5, sucked big time cuz it took bloody ages for the acne from it to go away. Stay away!

How long did into the B5 did the breakout occur and how long did it last for? How many were you taking? And did you just stop altogether? If so did you breakout after that?

I was on 10g for 6 weeks. BIG breakout, i have no ramped it down to 5g gradually over the past week with a view to just getting it down to 1g with 2 weeks. I am afraid to just stop B5 altogether in case i get a big breakout! :confused:

Do tell :D

I am megadosing on vitamins as we speak and I have broken out like never before. I'm not going to stop taking them though cause I want to see if they work. I am not taking vitamin b-5 alone. I take it in PERFECTIL...I dont know the dosage. I was reading about this thing called Vilantae which is supposed to cure acne (its B-5) I doubt it works, do a google on it if you want info. Have you heard of it? its pretty expensive too so just a big turn off.

Guest pokerbugg

i hope not~! im taking a shit-load of vitamins and 100 mg of b-complex 3x a day....it gives me tons of energy and makes my metabolism faster

I am megadosing on vitamins as we speak and I have broken out like never before. I'm not going to stop taking them though cause I want to see if they work. I am not taking vitamin b-5 alone. I take it in PERFECTIL...I dont know the dosage. I was reading about this thing called Vilantae which is supposed to cure acne (its B-5) I doubt it works, do a google on it if you want info. Have you heard of it? its pretty expensive too so just a big turn off.

thats what i am taking. its just B5 with a couple of other b vitamins. they come in 500mg capsules and you take 20 (yes 20) to start then bring it down to about 10 after 2 or 3 months. they are no different that any other B5 really. but you are right it costs about 30 GBP a month to do it.

I was taking 10g a day, in powder form, for about a month and I broke out horrible all round my chin and cheeks. It took a couple of months to go away, when I started the BP regimen

I was taking 10g a day, in powder form, for about a month and I broke out horrible all round my chin and cheeks. It took a couple of months to go away, when I started the BP regimen

did you stop it dead? and once you'd stopped did you get any new ones ?

I stopped both of them cold and didn't get an initial breakout, it started to clear up in 2 days. It may cause others to break out and then stop, but I have had it with acne and just get tired of all of the stuff to be careful with, so am just taking my mult vit and washing with ivory soap and using a facial brush then put a little neo cream on the zits, looking better every day.

hmmm i have been pretty much clear but have had some MASSIVE ones since taking b5 think i might just stop altogether. hope i dont get a breakout from stopping

:( I used vilantae for 2mnths. and it first it worked ok , cuz i'm one of those people that washes and then after about an hour has oily skin again , so it stopped my oily skin, then after about a mnth it got really bad i always had moderate acne but now i had huge cystic acne under the skin which would just stay there for weeks. this may have just been the initial breakout and i should have stayed on it, but ive bin off it now for 3 mnths and still have really bad purple marks , so i wouldnt recommend it myself, but some people get great results from it.