Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LV Boy

Accutane's Changed my Life

So I stopped updating my log regularly due to school work, activities, busyness, and overall life in general, but I haven't forgotten about my haven or the caring people here on acne.org :]

I have 1 month left on accutane, but I might get to end early since I have had nothing for almost 2 months. I am pretty much changed 180 degrees. Everything I wasn't I am now. I just really recommend accutane to anyone who is struggling with the thought of taking it. As long as you trust your physician/dermatologist, it should be a smooth ride, but you gotta follow every guideline closely.

This isn't to say acne won't come back and I won't have to have a second course... BUT, even if I did, everything I've been through is worth it for the three months of being clear that I've experienced. It's been the best time of my life. to go through my day and think about the things that matter in life is just a great feeling.

So I'm rambling on, but some of you may remember this... -->

It's my pictures before and after the first two months.

user posted image

And here is me last week, and as we all know, the mirror can be unrelenting and the bad light very harsh, but I'm totally happy with my skin now.

user posted image

user posted image

So, acne.org, I will be back in a while, mostly over winter break, spring break, and especially summer. :] I have one month left and have endured four overall!!!

I love you guys, you got me though the toughest times. :]

Thank you SO MUCH. Really.

Take care, everyone, and see you soon.

Guest tenshigirl25

wow...and only after 3 weeks. i think u wont need the 2nd course. your skin obviously agrees with accutane.

Did you breakout at all? I have another question, your red spots, were they just keep coming with new acne? like cysts and whiteheadas in the same spot red spots? Seems everything went away, even the red.

i'm sorry...you took accutane for how long? when did you start to see it changing dramatically or it's gradual you didn't notice and bam you have clear skin? Congrats

Guest tenshigirl25

i was also curious about that..i was reading his old posts and it seems around 3 month mark it was dramatically improving to clear skin.

LV-if u havent finished your course, u shouldnt give it up just yet..u want to try and get it all out of your system for as long as possible. i think ven if u did have a 2nd course it wouldn't take very long for u to clear. some people are lucky like this.

Hey, LV!!! I had really followed your log for a long time, then got into my own healing on 'tane. We started on 'tane about the same time, shared many of the same feelings about beginning a course. And similar results! eusa_clap.gif

REALLY, you look wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing the photos with us. Personally I want to see more of them.

And your joy and inner goodness just shines through, that's what I see when I look at your photos. I am so happy for you! Please keep us posted.

Love

Betts

man god fucking bless you. this is an amazing story. i wish you all the happiness in the world man. i truly do. amazing.

Thanks you so much. :] You as well.

Amazing. Just amazing!! I'm very happy for you.

Thanks!!!

yeah i saw clearing from day 1 and my face was 100% clear since week 3. great stuff that accutane. definately the solution for bad acne

Yeah. It hit me hard during the first month, but the second month was nothing but clearing. The third week mark I saw def. progress though. :]

wow...and only after 3 weeks. i think u wont need the 2nd course. your skin obviously agrees with accutane.

Agreed.

Did you breakout at all? I have another question, your red spots, were they just keep coming with new acne? like cysts and whiteheadas in the same spot red spots? Seems everything went away, even the red.

The red spots were all old acne marks, though some were like acne volcanos where gunk would just keep popping up. Eventually, my face dried so badly the marks just peeled off with minimal damage. I have the obvious little pits on my face, but it's nothing compared to acne. Accutane peeling is like an intense exfoliation/peel.

i'm sorry...you took accutane for how long? when did you start to see it changing dramatically or it's gradual you didn't notice and bam you have clear skin? Congrats

I've been on it for four months. I started to see results about the third week mark. I broke out horribly the first month, but it calmed down the third week. By the end of month two, I was clear. I've had nothing major since. The dramatic skin improvement was month three though. :]

i was also curious about that..i was reading his old posts and it seems around 3 month mark it was dramatically improving to clear skin.

LV-if u havent finished your course, u shouldnt give it up just yet..u want to try and get it all out of your system for as long as possible. i think ven if u did have a 2nd course it wouldn't take very long for u to clear. some people are lucky like this.

Yeah, I'm def. thinking about following through with the last month. Thanks. :]

Hey, LV!!! I had really followed your log for a long time, then got into my own healing on 'tane. We started on 'tane about the same time, shared many of the same feelings about beginning a course. And similar

results! :clap:

REALLY, you look wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing the photos with us. Personally I want to see more of them.

And your joy and inner goodness just shines through, that's what I see when I look at your photos. I am so happy for you! Please keep us posted.

Love

Betts

Thanks so much. Yeah, I had been following many logs and looking at people's progress as well. Glad you're doing well too!! I will def. put up some more photos. :] THANKS!!!

yaya more photos pls :razz:

Kk. :]

Holy Crap, you look great! Good for you, now go get some chicks. Lose the moustache, girls don't like them. Don't be offended by that, just trying to hook you up! Have fun!!!

Guest tenshigirl25

i kinda like the moustache..he's got nice lips.

I have redmarks, which I thought I would need to help with something but they just keep springing new spots, so I'm guessing you had something similar and you said they peeled off? hmm, I hope I can have the same, I just want all white skin again (not racist haha). Do you have any messenger I could pester you on perhaps? haa

LV -

What is your age/weight, and what dosage did you have each month? I am 20 and about 160 pounds. I just started accutane one week ago, and my derm started me at 40 mg a day. My face has already broken out pretty bad. Did you see it this quick? Congrats by the way man.

Holy Crap, you look great! Good for you, now go get some chicks. Lose the moustache, girls don't like them. Don't be offended by that, just trying to hook you up! Have fun!!!

Haha, I've since shaved it off a while ago. Thanks though. :]

i kinda like the moustache..he's got nice lips.

Thanks. :]

I have redmarks, which I thought I would need to help with something but they just keep springing new spots, so I'm guessing you had something similar and you said they peeled off? hmm, I hope I can have the same, I just want all white skin again (not racist haha). Do you have any messenger I could pester you on perhaps? haa

I had the same thing you describe. They just scabbed and fell off, no pain whatsoever, so long as I moisturized. Your skin can go back to normal. I mean, look at mine. It was HORRIBLE. And now I have a somewhat even skin tone like I had before. My messenger name is:

Ryanjc228 --> AIM

:]

LV -

What is your age/weight, and what dosage did you have each month? I am 20 and about 160 pounds. I just started accutane one week ago, and my derm started me at 40 mg a day. My face has already broken out pretty bad. Did you see it this quick? Congrats by the way man.

I'm 17, and I weigh 160 as well. I'm 6'1.5" I started out on 80 mgs (two 40 mg a day). I broke out horribly, but I saw quick results. I'd rather have it all at once and clear up quickly instead of be mild and happen over a long span of time. But yeah, pretty quick. Just be prepared to feel kinda horrible. The first month seemed like hell. It felt like forever. Then after I saw improvements, the days just flew by faster, until I was back into the normal routine, getting compliments about my skin, saying my personality was back, getting kissed on the cheeks by girls for the first time in years, getting touched on the face in playful mannerisms and not caring about it. You'll be so glad you got through that first month when you realize that you can enjoy all the little things. :]

how about black heads on your nose? How did they behave while on accutane and how about blocked and big pores? I seem to have million of them, and i'm in week 6, still shitty skin :(

Oh my god....the part about getting kissed and touched on the cheek is so moving. I'm so happy that you are only 17, and have your whole clear life ahead of you! Good luck, I told everyone from the group I chat w/ here to go look at your pics. Glad that you 86ed the moustache. FYI-that girl that likes your lips is obviously hitting on you....go get her!

how about black heads on your nose? How did they behave while on accutane and how about blocked and big pores? I seem to have million of them, and i'm in week 6, still shitty skin :(

I barely had activity on my nose, but the ones I did have went away by pussing up, then drying out. They turned into small dried things of oil that easily rolled into balls and fell out of my pores, with no pore enlargement whatsoever.

Oh my god....the part about getting kissed and touched on the cheek is so moving. I'm so happy that you are only 17, and have your whole clear life ahead of you! Good luck, I told everyone from the group I chat w/ here to go look at your pics. Glad that you 86ed the moustache. FYI-that girl that likes your lips is obviously hitting on you....go get her!

Haha, thanks so much. It means a lot to me. And yeah, I relatively hate facial hair, but i'm lazy sometimes and forget to shave. :[

Ugh, it's a love hate relationship. :]

These are before a party I went to two days ago... Face is clear + new hair cut. I'm finally happy with my self image.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Now the shocking, nasty crap. Ugh, I can't believe I am posting THESE. UGH.

Basically, these are all about 1 month into accutane, up until about week three when I started seeing clearing. Warning, these are nasty. This was the hardest time of my life, but I HAD to keep telling myself that I was moving on to better things after the initial breakout was over.

IPB Image

Me, looking angry. Ugh face.

IPB Image

Holding an iguana in Fiji. Face is starting to peel, badly.

IPB Image

Week 2 of accutane. Face is horrible. I'm a mess. Still trying to maintain a happy composure.

IPB Image

About week 2 1/2. Notice face is starting to clear a bit, but I HAVE to have pounds of chapstick on.

IPB Image

About week 3. Face starts to dramatically clear during the week due to intense peeling.

IPB Image

Can't really tell, but around week 4 I'm starting to lose everything. It all just falls off.

and now, Im...

IPB Image

...basically clear..

Alright, I'm leaving now before I start thinking back on this..

IPB Image

This is why I love my accutane.

k bye.

Was it clearing in the 2 month, 3rd week or just the 1st month 3rd week? lol, being as were similar just wondering.

Was it clearing in the 2 month, 3rd week or just the 1st month 3rd week? lol, being as were similar just wondering.

Basically broke out bad until week 3. After week three, starting clearing. Clear completely (as in no new acne) by the end of month two. Then, after, spots were clear due to peeling. Now, acne free and blemish/spot free, though there is very small hyperpigmentation, though I could care less.

i had my initial break out until the 4th month... which was the last month.... POOR ME...

u look really great now... by the way.... hope that lasts forever.... (mine didn't last long :cry: but helped me A LOT)

lv boy your an inspiration to me i swear i been on accutane 2 1/2 months and its been getting better but seeing your skin and the way it is now i kno itll work thankx bro.

This is me now 2 1/2 months in its been good but i kno the best is only a few months away.

the middle pic is me day 1 of accutane

post-25126-1129592246_thumb.jpg

post-25126-1129592411_thumb.jpg

post-25126-1129592519_thumb.jpg

post-25126-1129592246_thumb.jpg

post-25126-1129592411_thumb.jpg

post-25126-1129592519_thumb.jpg