Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My family have changed the soap they use now which is Dove, before they used horrible soap which made my skin very dry and itchy, so i stopped and started using just water, what i wanna ask is would this soap be safe to try on my face again, one thing i have noticed is the soap has a strong smell too it so with it being cented would it have anything in it to ruin my acne, basically make it worse.? eusa_think.gif

Guest james11

Hey i would never use soap on your face mate, it clogs pores. I don't even use soap on my body, just a bit of Cetaphil wash and water.

I dunno, i thought to myself the rest of the family use it and they dont suffer from acne but it doesn't give them spots, plus dove soap is well known to be kind on the skin etc, i started using dove soap on my body, chest especially the past week and my chest acne has gotten slightly better, i'd like other views from people on this aswell please, should i use it.? eusa_doh.gif

Guest james11

Oh well there you go, if your skin is doing fine then why worry. I find soap aggravates my skin but we're all different.

I find that it's hard to know what causes Acne however i know of certain things that exacerbate my problem.

I only use dove soap on my body at the moment and not my face, i just use water on my face right now but i was thinking of trying dove on my face too. eusa_think.gif

Guest james11

If you're game, give it a go. I think Cetaphil wash is the way to go. It cleans your face but it doesn't strip it. I recommend it!

Cetaphil eusa_dance.gif

If it cleared up yhpur chest, then try it it cant hurt. I have tried it before and it broke me out. Later I learned that bar soap was not to be used on the face because the ingredients that keep it in its bar form can break you out. Also I would think that the 1/4 lotion in it might break you out but try it anywways youll never know until you try something. What doesnt work for others can work for you you know.

i find soap strips too much oil from my skin and this results in aggravation the oil glands which produces more oil to replace to lost ones...and you get the picture

so in conclusion i am trying to say soap doesn't work for me. i stick to gel cleansers, for both face and body

dove is the only bar soap i would ever use.i would say its fine ,for me that is.as we all know we are all different.i use dove because it never broke me out and it doesnt dry out my skin.i use a bp wash at night and dove in the morning.