Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dejaclairevoyant

My *regimen log* UPDATED WITH PICS

PMS acne is starting to heal...last night my skin was looking pretty good when I was putting my bp on..its starting to get a slight glow to it..perhaps all the vitamin c Ive been taking is doing something..not to mention I havent had a ciggarette in a long ass time...or drank alcohol for that matter. NOt sure if that effects the acne or not (doesnt seem to) but it does dull my skin a little. So theres not really any bad acne right now. But a TON of dark marks. SUCKY.

are those scars actually scars? and not just red marks

I think theyre just red marks and they'll go away in a few months.......I had like the same pigment on my cheeks to

and you don't look ugly

wish guys could wear something like to conceal the acne like you do with makeup o well

good luck!

Hi thanks for your post...yeah a few of them are scars (from really deep cysts that I picked at) but most of them are surface red marks and a few deeper level brown marks. I hope they do fade..but its hard to be patient..I have SUCH a hard time not exfoliating! I promised myself I would give the regimen a good 3 months before I do any other treatments (facials, peels, etc). And yeah, thank god for makeup, I actually feel somewhat pretty with it on..look at the difference..heres a pic from the other day with full makeup.

IPB Image

Anyways, to update..only one small whitehead on my forehead right now. My skin is feeling smoother than before but still looks pretty bad IMO...kinda lumpy like the surface of a golf ball in some places...and lots of red and brown marks. I LOVE my new moisturizer though..eucerin daily renewal with lactic acid..its good stuff..really lightweight and absorbs fast into my skin. Doesnt clump under my makeup as much as the neutrogena one did (Ive still been using that one at night but I think after its gone Im gonna use the eucerin all the time). Im so happy with the regimen, Im just waiting right now on my skipment of BP gel..its been about a week..usually it doesnt take this long but oh well. Im anxious to try the new gel to make sure its good with my skin.

Woke up this morning and my skin was looking really smooth. I think some of the marks are starting to fade a little. Still very visible though. I finally got my three new tubes of Dans new gel. Tried it today, and it seemed as good as the other one..although a little thicker, and I do prefer the old. But its fine.

wow your makeup does make a big difference

lucky, good that your still making progress with your regimen

/cross my fingers

^Um thanks :eh: Hehe..

Well its been a little over two months on the regimen now..and I promised Id come back at the two month mark to post pics of my progress so here I am. I wont write much but here are the pics.

IPB Image

IPB Image

That's terrible about your BF....men suck, don't they? Don't let it get you down...their like fish, they come and go, some just have better scales then others....

It's looks like the regimen has been taking away a little bit of your scarring, which is great. Unfortunetly I'm screwed sense I'm terribly allergic to benzoyl peroxide (BP) and sulfa/sulfur drugs...it's in almost every medication/treatment for acne and I have terrible allergic reactions to it. When I tried proactiv a few summers ago, I woke up the next morning and my face was so swollen I couldn't see because my skin had puffed and closed around my eyes...I had to go to the doctor and get a shot right in the bum for it...

If those recent pic's are *worst case* like right after washing and in bad lighting....then you look great. Well even if those pic's are in ideal conditions, you skin looks good. Keep on truckin.

Well I havent been posting that much lately, there hasnt been that much change. BUt to update I must say:

I LOVE BP!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE REGIMEN IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME!

This is the first time in my life I can look in the mirror and say "My skin is beautiful". I still have a lot of leftover blemishes and scars, but I guess the reason Im so estatic is that this is the first time in my LIFE that Ive made it through both a very stressful episode, AND pms time, without getting ONE CYST!!!!!!!!!!! Its amazing, you guys dont even know, I used to get 3-4 dime or even nickle sized cysts on my face during the week before my period. This time, nothing! Its true, the BP really works but it takes a long time to really start getting results. Ive gotten two tiny zits in the past two weeks, which were really nothing but a tiny little red spot with a whitehead on it. And they healed within 3 days! And Im not even to the three month mark yet!!!! I cant wait until 3 months, then Im getting an acne peel to reduce my scarring. My brother has skin problems like mine *he started the regimen about 8-9 months before me and has clear skin now* and he recommend me this peel. He used to have god awful scars and now his skin is perfect!!!

I encourage everyone to really give their all to this regimen, if it could help me it could help anyone, trust me! Ill post pics when I hit the three month mark so you guys can see my results.

Guest Poker-Butt

awesome improvement! maybe u could post some recent pics ? id love to see how u look like now :) ...i just need some reassurance ... i need this to work for me too... :( ...i seriously can't afford to go see a derm but i might have to if the regimen doesnt work for me

I dont have time right now but I promise Ill post some pics soon. It doesnt look as good as it feels because of all the scarring. BUt it is slowly getting better. If thats you in your userpic you are very pretty and it doesnt look like your acne is bad at all! In fact I cant even see any acne in that pic.

Claire,

You mind telling us what products u're using?:)

I use Jorubi Aloe Vera gel to fade the scars...i like it a lot and it's really gentle on my skin.

Ew..my boyfriend broke up with me so Ive been a mess and didnt do the regimen last night or today. :( Hopefully I can get back on track soon.

Anyone who breaks up with a woman that looks like you is an idiot!!!!

I'm not trying to suck up, just stating the obvious.

Anyway, your pics look great. I would give my left you know what to have skin like that!!

Hellooooo! Well Im still here, doing well. I had a few nights where I kinda was a slacker about the regimen. Put the BP on too fast and didnt use enough..resulted in a small breakout but its healing nicely. Ill take pics tonight. I am also going to buy some acne fading peel stuff my brother recommended to hopefully start getting rid of some of these scars. Ill try and take pics tonite.

Well my pic hosting place is overdrawn on bandwidth so I cant post pics right now. But I will as soon as I can. My skin is doing pretty good. Ive been drinking more lately and I think thats making it slightly worse, but Ive been trying to eat a lot of good food and work out to make up for it. I love the regimen!

looks like things are awesome! (aside from the BF...sorry about that)

but your skin is looking really good!