Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hkd399

The light!?

I'll lay it out straight. I've been on the regimen a little over 4 weeks and I'm 11. Yes, it might shock you but, I'm 11 years old. I've been avoiding the sun as much a humanly possible by wearing a hat all the time and staying in the shade.

But, I'm a kid and I want to enjoy the last rays of sun while I can and playing outside all the time. I've talked to a few people and they said I can ditch the hat and a few minutes of sun is OK. If I ditch the hat though, I'm probably getting at least a hour of sun per day.

Should I ditch the hat or keep it for now?

-Helen D

wow.....

ok well you can be in the sun just make sure you have a spf +15 or any higher lotion on (eucerin skin renewal)

you need not be afraid of the sun. it is actually good for you because the sun helps produce a vitamin (vitamin D i think) in your skin. of course, the sun's rays can become harmful if you overdo it but an hour in the sun in fine. it's always safer to wear a moisturizer with spf in it though.