Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yoohoo422

Welcome to my Accutane Journal

The sun in Colorado is a lot worse for your skin then in Hawaii because of the altitude. But I'm sure your gonna have you wear like 45+ when you go there though.

I want to try the stuff that BTDT recommends...the Clinque soothing stuff that helps with her redness, but I don't want to spend the money if it won't work for me. Wonder if they have samples at the counters. Heck they never have samples of what you want there, do they???

Somehow i doubt they'd have samples of it, it's a specialty product, not something that has a wide market. It really has worked amazingly well for me, but i understand not wanting to drop that kind of money on a face cream.

yoohoo-

Funny you mention that about someone telling you that you looked sunburned....the same thing happened to me last Friday. I was at work and a co-worker commented that it looked like I had been sitting under a sunlamp, so now I'm self-conscious that I look like a red-faced dork. Interestingly enough, when she said that I told her it was from taking Accutane (I normally would have been tight-lipped about that) and she said that she had been on it before, too....twice!!! She said her acne came back each time after she stopped... :(

I have mentioned to one other co-worker that I was taking Accutane (a bunch of us go out for dinner and she wondered why I wasn't having any wine....so unlike me to pass that up!). I was amazed when she, too, told me she had been on it before years ago. It seems like hers worked pretty good for her too. Interesting that those two people I happened to mention being on Accutane to were on it as well....for all I know tons of people take it but just don't really talk about it.

What kind of deep conditioner do you use? My hair is pretty dry and it still seems like I loose a ton of it everytime I brush it or wash it.

Anyway, I sure wouldn't worry too much about looking sunburned if I were you.....sun exposure can look healthy (even though I know it's not).....but zits never do!!! :redface:

The sun in Colorado is a lot worse for your skin then in Hawaii because of the altitude. But I'm sure your gonna have you wear like 45+ when you go there though.

Yeah, that is sort of what I am hoping and thinking....

yoohoo-

Funny you mention that about someone telling you that you looked sunburned....the same thing happened to me last Friday. I was at work and a co-worker commented that it looked like I had been sitting under a sunlamp, so now I'm self-conscious that I look like a red-faced dork. Interestingly enough, when she said that I told her it was from taking Accutane (I normally would have been tight-lipped about that) and she said that she had been on it before, too....twice!!! She said her acne came back each time after she stopped... :(

I have mentioned to one other co-worker that I was taking Accutane (a bunch of us go out for dinner and she wondered why I wasn't having any wine....so unlike me to pass that up!). I was amazed when she, too, told me she had been on it before years ago. It seems like hers worked pretty good for her too. Interesting that those two people I happened to mention being on Accutane to were on it as well....for all I know tons of people take it but just don't really talk about it.

What kind of deep conditioner do you use? My hair is pretty dry and it still seems like I loose a ton of it everytime I brush it or wash it.

Anyway, I sure wouldn't worry too much about looking sunburned if I were you.....sun exposure can look healthy (even though I know it's not).....but zits never do!!! :redface:

I still haven't told anyone that I'm on Accutane. Not sure why, but guess because I don't want to draw more attention to my face!?!? I don't know. If someone inquired, I'd tell them. I knew a few people in the past to be on Accutane, but I don't know if I would know anyone now. I can't think of anyone who has had bad acne ever since me knowing them....that's pretty cool that you lucked out with 2 people. What are the odds?

I use Biolage Conditioning Balm and I also bought from Sally's Beauty Supply some stuff that is in a purple tube called Ion Intense Moisturizer....seems pretty good too.

The redness thing.....what bugs me about it, is I don't look red to me....well sometimes I do, but most of the times I don't.....so having people notice I'm red, makes me wonder how RED am I really?! Oh well....I will try not to think about it too much! I think I'm really worried about getting more red from the heat in Hawaii. I bought some sunscreen off of eBay last night that was recommended on makeupalley. La Roche Posay Spf 60 and Spf 40. I got the Spf 60 for body, but the 40 for my face. I heard some people had problems with a white cast on their face from the 60.....then that'd turn my red to pink! HA :lol2: Anyway, it is supposed to be good for sun and sand and has some good staying power.....which is what I want. Sheesh, to think just over the summer I was still tanning. My whole attitude is changing about my skin...I no longer want wrinkles. I love the look of a tan, but hate the look of wrinkles, so since I can try to prevent more wrinkles, I think I will.....and then I'll just by stock in self tanners! :cool:

Day 94

I have a whopper of an eye-ball headache. AKA a sinus headache. Ack! it won't go away......this stinks.

Lip cracks are gone today....

Okay, this has 100% NOTHING to do with Acne, skin or anything like that, but I think it is important to pass along....especially to those of you with children. We actually have a sex offender right across the street (yes it makes me sick :eusa_sick: to my stomach, but at least we know about it, and he knows we know!) BUT please go check out your neighborhood to see what lurks (hopefully nothing!!!)

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

and then pass this web addy onto other parents that need to protect their kids!

Okay, that was my off topic, public service announcement for the day!

Hi-dee-ho

Just pluggin' along....

Day 95

I have been bad about putting moisturizer on my body :naughty: and now my arms are all rashy again. I hate that feeling. Do you think that rash could possibly stay after Tane? Like a type of Excema? It seems to me I read somewhere that someone developed exzema after Tane. Also seems like I read that someone developed Rosacea.....Am I dreaming these up, or has this really occurred? I have read so many different websites and logs and everything, I can't keep ANYTHING straight anymore.

I have gotten a couple of cuts on my hands and they seem more inflamed, and seem to take longer to heal, and I don't know how I got them. Seems as if it is easy to cut my skin.....guess I need to be careful!!!

Dry Lips

Dry Joints

Dry Eyes

Dry rashy spots

Dry privates

Dry

Dry

Dry!

No acne! :D

Gosh I think when I get to day 100, I'll start counting down the days until I'm done....maybe not....it is fun for me to watch my number get higher....time on Tane has really flown by!

Yoohoo!

I've been reading your log forever, but have never written - I guess that makes me a log stalker!!! Anyway, you seem to be doing really well with treatment which is super!!!!! Sooo happy for you.

I have a question: A while back in your log you mentioned that you used Jergen's Healthy glow lotion. How is that product? (I know you suspected it was clogging pores on your neck, but other than that...)

I have a special weekend coming up next week and I am taking Doxycyline, so no tanning bed for me. All I want is the slightest hint of some color, and I was thinking that may do the trick!

I am just worried about the look of it - I remember using a self tanner when I was like 13 and having that orange streaky look, especially the hands, feet, knees and elbows.

I also probably wouldn't be able to put in on my back (can't reach everywhere) I mainly want it for arms legs chest and tummy. I don't tan naturally evenly all over anyway (tummy always gets darker than chest, etc) so hopefully it wouldn't look that obvious if I don't apply it everywhere.

What do you think?

Yoohoo!

I've been reading your log forever, but have never written - I guess that makes me a log stalker!!! Anyway, you seem to be doing really well with treatment which is super!!!!! Sooo happy for you.

I have a question: A while back in your log you mentioned that you used Jergen's Healthy glow lotion. How is that product? (I know you suspected it was clogging pores on your neck, but other than that...)

I have a special weekend coming up next week and I am taking Doxycyline, so no tanning bed for me. All I want is the slightest hint of some color, and I was thinking that may do the trick!

I am just worried about the look of it - I remember using a self tanner when I was like 13 and having that orange streaky look, especially the hands, feet, knees and elbows.

I also probably wouldn't be able to put in on my back (can't reach everywhere) I mainly want it for arms legs chest and tummy. I don't tan naturally evenly all over anyway (tummy always gets darker than chest, etc) so hopefully it wouldn't look that obvious if I don't apply it everywhere.

What do you think?

hello and sorry if i bother you but are u mixed Doxycyline whit acuttane ? if you do , leave on of them now

u can messedup whit both medications , can make your face look worse and the side-effects are really hard to deal whit , its affect you straight on your brain , please tell your derm about this and sorry if i misanderstud what u saying

SPF 30 Moisturizer OR Hawiian Tropics 30 spf Oil Free Faces are not enough protective if you are on acu

u should get a real sunblock spf60 or more for intolerant skins

avenno has a great one , also vichy.

bot are non conmogenic , fragance and oil free

Yoohoo!

What do you think?

Hi Sassy....I won't think of you as a log stalker, but a lurker! ;)

Okay, about the Jergens Natural Glow...>I like it, I used it a lot this summer. Mostly on my legs, arms and chest. I did apply it a couple of times on my face, and that might have been what caused my huge breakout this summer. And then when I did apply it again for that Xmas party I got another pimple on my neck....so there probably is a correlation there. Apply very sparingly on elbows, knees, ankles...try to exfoliate first, that does help a lot. Don't buy the dark one, get the lighter one....I think it gives a real subtle hint of tan, rather than some of the real self tanners... this one takes a few days to build up, which is good because you don't get streaks..... I never liked to go more than 3 days though....because then it did get a bit too fake looking.

Make sure to wash your hands good when you're done! :)

I'm not familiar with Doxycline? Is this an antibiotic?

hello and sorry if i bother you but are u mixed Doxycyline whit acuttane ? if you do , leave on of them now

u can messedup whit both medications , can make your face look worse and the side-effects are really hard to deal whit , its affect you straight on your brain , please tell your derm about this and sorry if i misanderstud what u saying

SPF 30 Moisturizer OR Hawiian Tropics 30 spf Oil Free Faces are not enough protective if you are on acu

u should get a real sunblock spf60 or more for intolerant skins

avenno has a great one , also vichy.

bot are non conmogenic , fragance and oil free

Day 97!!!

Okay, I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday and I went into the bathroom, and I wanted to see what my face looked like in different light! ACK! I almost wanted to cry! Dead serious! I could not believe how flippin' Red I was!!! I had been walking through the store with all the confidence in the world, and then after I saw how red I was, I didn't want people to look at me! I decided also, that I am starting to feel like I did when I was pregnant....JUST WANT THIS OVER WITH!!!!! I am so ready to be done. Mostly because of the red skin. That is what ails me most now. I bought some Aveeno Calming Foaming Cleanser and a Calming Lotion. Not sure I see a big result, but have only used it once.....and besides the fact, I just can't seem to gauge how red I am in the light in my house or in my car! But I honestly sometimes feel my face getting warm. Like when I get worked up over something and would get red...like that.

Aches are pretty much gone for the most part. Mostly achy in the a.m. but as soon as I start moving around, I'm fine.

I've had a couple of small pimples in the last few days. One on my lower left cheek, which I squeezed....I know, I know, :naughty: but only a little bit of clear liquid came out....and then it went flat. But it stayed good and red. Apparently if I can see it, it is NOT as red as my face! And then the other little one was dead center in the middle of my nose! Squeezed that one too....mostly only got a little bit of blood...and it is red too....but that one isn't as bad.

Rashes on my arms, and I've gotten use to them now, so I don't even treat them.....can you say LAZY!!!

Seems like I had more to tell you all, but I'm drawing a blank for Right now.....if it comes to me, I'll come tell you all!

Anyway, I am wishing my time on Tane were done......I told my hubby that it seriously feels like the end of my pregnancies where I just wanted those babies OUT Of me! Now I just want this Tane out of me! But I don't want acne back in return....so I will contine on.

Oh, I don't know if this is a good idea or a bad idea, but I am alternating between 40 mg and 80 mg to see if I get a little bit less red. I've only done it for a couple of days, so I haven't noticed any difference. I wonder if I called my derm and told her about the redness, if she would have any suggestions. Maybe I'll do that next week.

Well hope everyone is having a good weekend. I am because the BRONCOS WON!!! WOO HOO!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Day 98! Week 14!!!

Can't tell if the Aveeno Calming stuff is working or not. The spf/moisturizer I got is definitely not moisturizing enough, so today I put on Cetaphil Cream 1st and then the spf stuff....but I don't see the RED on me in my own house. I was trying to ask dh, but he always says that it doesn't look bad.....

Nothing else new to report today, other than I'm 2 days away from the 100th day! Yippee!

Yeah, I've noticed I can't ever tell how red I actually am either. In my bathroom mirror, and in the car, it seems like I look pretty normal, but then I'll catch a glimpse of me in a public mirror and I'll be so amazed at how WRONG my other mirrors were!!!!

I'm feeling you on the wishing that the red would go already. I like not wearing as much makeup in public, but I feel like people are looking at me and are thinking I spent too much time skiing w/out the correct SPF.

I just have a question....has anyone become much more thirsty than before the tane. It is like I can't get enough water....just curious.

I just have a question....has anyone become much more thirsty than before the tane. It is like I can't get enough water....just curious.

I personally haven't noticed a huge difference, but then again, I am always trying to force myself to drink, so I don't know if it that I am more dehydrated from tane, or if I am just getting used to drinking more.....

Not much help, am I?

Day 99

Cracked lips in the corners this a.m. Drat! It hurt to eat breakfast. Ironic thing is, my daughter has cracked corners on her lips too, and the poor thing is getting braces today. I am sure it is partly due to the dryness here at home.....

No problems with the Aveeno Calming....I like the fragrance...I was shocked to see it (or smell) that it had fragrance....I love fragrance in my lotions...and I did think that maybe it'd be irritating, but so far no problems..... Just can't tell if it is helping with the redness or not....doesn't seem to be hurting though.....

Thanks guys...I was just worried cause it says that if you are thirsty to contact your doctor but i figured since i am not dying of thirst it must just be a common thing.....love this log....you rule!

Im on my 3rd day of 40mg and the only thing that i have noticed is a sore throat that im not positve is accutane related or not. I hope that you have great sucess from this stuff i know that im lookin forwards to june for sure. does anyone know when i might get my initial breakout? im on 40mg and its near the end of the third day. hopefully we both have good results from this stuff.

Im on my 3rd day of 40mg and the only thing that i have noticed is a sore throat that im not positve is accutane related or not. I hope that you have great sucess from this stuff i know that im lookin forwards to june for sure. does anyone know when i might get my initial breakout? im on 40mg and its near the end of the third day. hopefully we both have good results from this stuff.

I have been through these boards a million times and the initial breakout is supposed to happen anytime between no wnd the end of the first month....lets hope we don't have a big one...good luck and keep us posted!!!

.....love this log....you rule!

Hey thanks! Glad you like it here. I know when I started on Tane I was so lost, confused and had 101 questions, so that's why I wanted to do a log for those of you who feel the same.....I don't know how I would have done Tane w/out this board. You sure don't get the info you get here from your derm. I think it is just that in here we get words from 100's of different derms.....as in...."Well my derm said this....but your derm said that...." and there we're able to gather all this info and come up with what truly works for us!

Hmmmm, I bet it could be Tane, but then this is also cold season (well where I live anyway), so it could just be a sore throat. Drink lots of water and take some Vit. C!

I did have a sore throat for about a week in December, but I don't think there was any correlation....just a sore throat from dry air, and maybe a virus too....because my daughter had a mild sore throat as well....

Good luck....you're only on day 3, but you'll be amazed at how time flies! It has surprised me.....even though nowadays I feel like I'm waiting for a pregnancy to end!

I have been through these boards a million times and the initial breakout is supposed to happen anytime between no wnd the end of the first month....lets hope we don't have a big one...good luck and keep us posted!!!

It just doesn't seem like there is any rhyme or reason as to when people get their initial breakout.....I continued to just get active acne, but my face never completely exploded.....

Still Day 99 and I have a little pimple on my left cheek.....bigger than the tiny ones I had a few days ago, and a bit more tender. I also feel like I have one under my skin on my forehead....you know that little tinge of pain...I don't feel a bump, and it doesn't feel like anything that would come to a head, but I feel *something* under there.....

So that is leaving me to wonder :think: if these 2 occurences are because of changing to Aveeno SPF Calming Lotion and Calming Cleanser OR is it because I haven't been taking 80 mgs everyday in hopes of lessening my RED......

This redness is really depressing me. I think it bums me out more because I don't truly know what people see since it is deceiving in different lights..... I mean when you have a big old honkin' pimple, you KNOW what people see....and that sucks too.....and I guess I need to be honest with myself, I'd rather be red than have bumps all over my face....BUT I just don't like that I can't guage what people are seeing. :|

My joints are still achy....nothing like they were a few weeks ago, but they do still ache....especially when I first wake up, or after I've been in one position for a long time.

Am I being a broken record! :lol2: I feel like I am repeating myself....I probably am....but I guess a whole hasn't changed lately with my life of Tane.....which is good, I suppose....

Well tomorrow a.m. I get to wake up and celebrate Day ONE HUNDRED! It seems like just yesterday that I was scared at the thought of taking Tane.....doesn't that just sound so cliche'?

Oh well.....nighty night peoples! :angel:

Yeah!!! :dance:DAY 100

What an exciting milestone for me!!!! :dance:Just having my own little party!!!! :dance:

Have the little pimple (little, but not tiny.....) on my left cheek....doesn't hurt, doesn't look like there is anything in it....just a red bump....

My face is still red. I just realized that I forgot to take my pills tonight. I better go do that.

My nose was pretty sore this a.m. And that was with Aquaphor in it over night.....

For being the 100th Day, I don't have a lot to say, I guess that is a good thing, right?

Oh one thing...rash in back on my right hand. So funny (well sort of funny) how it comes and goes....absolutely HATE how it feels, but thankfully it isn't very visible.

I have dry patches all over my body.....I have began to NOT care about those dry patches....as in, I'm not really treating them at all.....

I asked this on the prescription boards, but thought I'd throw it out on my log too....

Do you guys think I could use Metrogel on my face for the redness? It sounds like it is for sensitive skin....just not sure if this is a good or bad idea......