Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Setza

Red marks, but are they the after-effects?

Hey all

ive been recently using clindamyclin(prescribed roll-on for the skin...) and phisohex(just an anti-bacterial face wash)

it has been clearing up my acne, but yes APPARENTLY where i apply the stuff is now sorta red (HOWEVER IT IS NOT RED ALL THE TIME, like right now its fine) which is wierd)... i have tanned skin so i dont really notice it , but my mum went overseas for a while, she came back and i had been using the treatments for a couple of days and when she came back she noticed my skin was redder.. (hehe clearer... but redder...)

Anyway the thing is i do apply quite alot of this stuff to my skin and im wondering what is the exact cause of this redness

is it because i apply too much of the stuff to my skin? Sometimes the phisohex actually stings a bit when i apply too much, but the stingy feeling goes away, regarding the clindamyclin (which is the important one) maybe i put too much of it on?

or is it the after the effects of the acne? Im not sure about this, if it was the after-effects of the acne wouldn't it be red ALL THE TIME..

or is it because i never put any moisturiser on? (LoL, try to avoid it makes skin oily.. but maybe its the cause of it , because the sun would burn me more easily))

yea if you have any thoughts let me know lol biggrin.gif

do u mean 'redder' as in the whole complexion is redder or just the marks that u have, if u have any?

if it's the whole complexion, and it's temporary, it would just be the effect of using those products...when u discontinue, it should subside...

if u want to know what causes the redness, try using only one of the products for one day and see if there is any redness, then switch a couple of days later

do u mean 'redder' as in the whole complexion is redder or just the marks that u have, if u have any?

if it's the whole complexion, and it's temporary, it would just be the effect of using those products...when u discontinue, it should subside...

if u want to know what causes the redness, try using only one of the products for one day and see if there is any redness, then switch a couple of days later

i see...

it's probably just like BP gel, when you first start using it, there might be redness resulting from it, which usually means it is working/absorbing

how long have you been using it for? i reckon after a while, when your skin gets used to it, it will subside and you'll be fine

i think you should use moisturier like aloe vera gel. it doesn't make the skin oily and would probably help relieve the redness