Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warrenpeace

New to the board - my regimen is just noxema...

...it may not be working...i'm also using the cream treatment (neosporin - but can't be working either). anyhoo, glad to be on the board. I got before and after pics. I need help. sad.gif I don't even look in the mirror anymore.

post-29848-1129001665_thumb.jpg

post-29848-1129001681_thumb.jpg

post-29848-1129001695_thumb.jpg

post-29848-1129001708_thumb.jpg

post-29848-1129001665_thumb.jpg

post-29848-1129001681_thumb.jpg

post-29848-1129001695_thumb.jpg

post-29848-1129001708_thumb.jpg

aw man..your pictures totally reminded me of when i was semi-clear and then switched from noxema to proactiv and then to murad (WORST OF ALL). it goes with the saying.."if it ain't broken, don't fix it!"

but anyway, i seriously suggest you buy alpha hydrox enhanced creme and use that every night. while also using a moisturizer in the morning with SPF 15 because your skin will be constantly rejuvinating itself and you'll be more prone to sunburns. if you use it correctly it'll make you face so much clearer.

also, differen can take as long as up to 4 months to work, with the first 2 months being hell because of the initial breakout (speaking from experience here).

so yeah, just go for the OTC products (Alpha Hydrox - you can find it at Rite Aid) and then go from there. best of luck man! i feel your pain.

Hmmm....noxzema broke me out like crazy. I'd skip that if I were you. Have you tried exfoliating with a synthetic bristled brush? that's what contributed 95% to my being clear, rather than neosporin cream (it speeds healing time, but doesn't prevent breakouts like exfoliating that way can.)

Pm me if u have any questions...you have similar acne to mine. It doesn't look like it will leave any scars, but it reminds me a lot of mine, and nothing ever cured it except for exfoliation.

Jess

i'm still using noxema but to keep my face from drying i'm using vitamin e cream and putting on the neosporin as a spot treatment. i dunno if i can see a difference. i'm still resisting looking in the mirror.

i also bought a book called "the acne cure" - anyone read it?

yeah. the first two seem clear. i was just using noxema at the time. but then like a dummy i switched to neutrogena. DEATH TO NEUTROGENA. Then I did Shishiedo. That didn't work. Now switched to Noxema again with neosporin treatment. Now I'm thinking differin. I don't know. My face has had it.

OMFG I think I love you. so nice to see someone else who hates neutrogena as much as i do.

yeah. the first two seem clear. i was just using noxema at the time. but then like a dummy i switched to neutrogena. DEATH TO NEUTROGENA. Then I did Shishiedo. That didn't work. Now switched to Noxema again with neosporin treatment. Now I'm thinking differin. I don't know. My face has had it.

OMFG I think I love you. so nice to see someone else who hates neutrogena as much as i do.

:D I too hate neutrogena! But you know what I hate more???

OXY !!!!!!

:evil::evil::evil: ARRGH!!! :evil::evil::evil:

I heard from the book i'm reading "The Acne Cure" that the best thing for face is a lotion with 2.0% Salicylic Acid (no lower than 2.0%) and no other active ingredient like glycolic acid. Its better to cure one stage than do two. The book says 4 stages. I haven't found the lotion I'm looking for "Stridex Clean Wash". So I'm still just using Noxema Triple Face Wash (2 times a day)

I heard from the book i'm reading "The Acne Cure" that the best thing for face is a lotion with 2.0% Salicylic Acid (no lower than 2.0%) and no other active ingredient like glycolic acid. Its better to cure one stage than do two. The book says 4 stages. I haven't found the lotion I'm looking for "Stridex Clean Wash". So I'm still just using Noxema Triple Face Wash (2 times a day)

2%???!!!! 2% SA???!! The guy who wrote that book is a sadist. Putting a 2% SA on your face is like using 10% BP. It's too high and far more than neccessary for effective use.

If your going to use SA, don't use anything other than a 0.5% concentration. save your skin the added aggravation and irritation.