Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I'm using the Gillette Sensor Excel 3 razor blades and for the past couple of weeks I found that I got some cysts on the side of my chin. Other than that my face is pretty much clear thank god. I haven't been cleaning my razor blades so I'm thinking that the reason why I'm getting acne on my chin is because my blades aren't clean. I change the blades once every month. So what I'm gonna be doing from now is before and after I shave, I'll pour some alcohol on the blades so that it'll kill the bacteria.

Anyway, my question is, how do you clean your blades to get rid of the bacteria?

I clean them exactly like that. I like to swish them around vigerously in a sink full of water to get the gunk off of them, and rinse the blades with my bottle of 91% rubbing alcohol. I let it set for a minute, then rinse the alcohol residue off before shaving.

I clean them exactly like that. I like to swish them around vigerously in a sink full of water to get the gunk off of them, and rinse the blades with my bottle of 91% rubbing alcohol. I let it set for a minute, then rinse the alcohol residue off before shaving.