Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Am I the only one out there that: Looks in the mirror, quitely leaves the bathroom, closes the door, and punches the shit out of the door as hard as I can until my fists are fucking bleading?

Anyone?

I look in the mirror and then I get a frownie face too. Then I just keep looking. Then I pee. Then I look in the mirror again. Then I wash my hands because thats just the sanitary thing to do. Then I go flop back in my bed with a fresh wave of depression because I look like such crap. But wait, sometimes I go to the kitchen first and steal my roommates fruit snacks.

I look in the mirror alot also, tension builds when im having a bad day. I dont usually punch doors but i usually snap at someone if their around.

Am I the only one out there that: Looks in the mirror, quitely leaves the bathroom, closes the door, and punches the shit out of the door as hard as I can until my fists are fucking bleading?

Anyone?

Guest tenshigirl25

its like looking at the reflection and thinking its not really my face..like im wearing an acne mask and i cant take it off..that is the most frustrating depressing feeling..to look in the mirror and have a ugly day and feel invisible..i get a attitude.

I start laughing and cracking up. Its hilarious in a sick kind of way. I can't help but look, its just the way we are as people. We need to look in the mirror just as a little check up, give ourselves a grade.

Its like a report card. And I keep getting D's and F's. Its a total hoot man.

I did nearly kick the wall in one day though after laughing and rubbing my face with a towel for about 30 minutes.

Anyone?

I have done so a few times. Didn't bleed but got all blue and swollen. I just wish I had someone's face to punch isntead of the wall.

Guest james11

i can't look in the mirror. Havn't for so long. Everyone keeps telling me my skin looks fine now but i'm so scared of what i'm going to look like because i'm already so depressed about who i am. What if it isn't good to look at?

Does anyone else have this problem, not being able to look in the mirror? Can anyone give me some advice on what to do?

I feel like i have this idea in my head that i want perfect skin and that i'll look at my face and it'll be far from that and then i'll be even worse.

This is a shit thing!!

Hmm, try this:

Most people have really nice eyes, even if they don't think so themselves. So whenever you need to look in the mirror to pop a pimple or something, remember to look at your eyes, and tell yourself: "damn, I've got some nice lookin' eyes!"

Then look at other features of your face. Some people have nice lips, perfect nose, strong jaws, etc. Even if evolution missed your family line and you end up look like a monkey, at least you can say that you've got a unique face, overall.

The trick is to appreciate what good things you have, along with the bad things; ie, to count your blessings.

biggrin.gifeusa_pray.gif

I have no problems looking in the mirror most of the time because I have terrible eyesight and everyone looks great when you can't see them clearly. Actually, I didn't realize my acne was that bad for quite awhile because I never really noticed it. That is, until I got glasses and then looked at myself in the mirror. I screamed so loud my mother thought I was being murdered or something.

Still, even without glasses on, I don't look in the mirror during the day simply because everytime I do it just makes me miserable. I prefer "blissful ignorance".

my boyfriend always says that if I look at the mirror all the time focusing my mind on 1 area (face in my case..or the forehead for example)..more neg things happen in THAT area... That's his hypothesis... he is askin me to try to avoid looking at a mirror and thinking what's happening under my skin... he thinks my acne is 99% due to stress. eusa_think.gif I AM STILL TRYING... it's hard enough just to avoid pickin on my pimples..

i have the same problem. if my skin is really bad and i know it is i will try not to look in the mirror when im out coz i know ill just cry. My bf always says i spend too much time in front of the mirror and if i didnt look so closley at my skin it doesnt acctually look too bad. i know he is right! when i look from a distance my skin looks ok but when i get close i see pimples and just start picking. it's quite goos when i stay with my bf coz he stops me doing it! at the moment though im at homwe and my skin is awful so i just cant stop looking in the mirror to see if anything has changed! guess wot, nothing has i just look blotchy coz ive been crying! great!

The Home Hardware Centre should get on this idea. Along with every door they sell, throw in a bottle of benzoyl peroxide

You all just have to learn to love yourselves more. If you look at the mirror then start bullying yourself, you just end up becoming more vulnerale for the other nasty people in the world to join in being mean to you. Look at all the things you like about yourself, and congratulate yourself for the way that you are dealing with all this acne shit so well. Imagine how other people would look like with a face full of cysts- you are doing great considering :D

Also, try and remember that everyone will look shit sometimes, especially in harsh lighting. Even top models get some ugly pictures snapped of them by secret paps. Stay strong, and accept yourself.

HI

Well i dont look in the mirror simple as that, its easier that way because whenever I do I just feel ergh. People have said that my skin is better so im quite happy. But i used to hate when you thnk your skin was ok and then you look in the mirror and id be like :cry:

Guest *Clara

I don't always do this but if I get a bad pimple I might jump and slam the floor because I'm pissed.

Anyone?

I say, punch the f**king mirror instead :)

Anyone?

No. I've got to stop using the shaving light.