Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skummer

Currently feeling rather down.

Hey all.

Feeling the need to vent, so thanks in advance for reading.

This is so frustrating for me. I basically worked over my entire holiday focusing upon getting my skin in a decent condition, with my second year of university looming. I to some extent, achieved this. But I did notice that over this period, the effectiveness of the antibiotics I was taking did seem to be declining.

For the first couple of weeks of term, I felt really confident. Going out was amazing. Viewing the pictures of nights out was no longer painful, but enjoyable. Hey, I even thought I was sexeh! eusa_shifty.gif

But things really have gone to shit, in the space of literally 1-2 weeks. Small, but damaging breakouts. Looking in the mirror again has now become a pain again. It took me so long to get to where I was and then bam, I'm hit again. A real blow.

Confidence has plummeted again and I'm feeling really negative about alot of things right now. I can only hope I can find another course of treatment that will put things back on track again. Just for the record my acne is moderate, and when I get spots they tend to be quite big.

I think the sadest part is that I know I could be good-looking, it's just this shit that's holding me back. My life isn't particularily bad really, but I just can't stop thinking about such negative aspects of my appearance.

:/

Hey all.

Feeling the need to vent, so thanks in advance for reading.

This is so frustrating for me. I basically worked over my entire holiday focusing upon getting my skin in a decent condition, with my second year of university looming. I to some extent, achieved this. But I did notice that over this period, the effectiveness of the antibiotics I was taking did seem to be declining.

For the first couple of weeks of term, I felt really confident. Going out was amazing. Viewing the pictures of nights out was no longer painful, but enjoyable. Hey, I even thought I was sexeh!  eusa_shifty.gif

But things really have gone to shit, in the space of literally 1-2 weeks. Small, but damaging breakouts. Looking in the mirror again has now become a pain again. It took me so long to get to where I was and then bam, I'm hit again. A real blow.

Confidence has plummeted again and I'm feeling really negative about alot of things right now. I can only hope I can find another course of treatment that will put things back on track again. Just for the record my acne is moderate, and when I get spots they tend to be quite big.

I think the sadest part is that I know I could be good-looking, it's just this shit that's holding me back. My life isn't particularily bad really, but I just can't stop thinking about such negative aspects of my appearance.

:/

I'm in the same boat as you man, after 5 years (3rd year loner uni student atm) nothing worked.

The regimen on the site is fantastic, it got rid of my acne when nothing else worked. Problem is that now I have really bad red marks - I feel my skin and its 100% smooth but still looks crap. My advice is to get on the regimen, see how things go, and at the first sign of trouble search through the other boards and look for what works for others, unlike other websites these people aren't just trying to make a profit (hopefully!)

Good luck anyway.

i know exactly where youre coming from man. i got on antibiotics over the summer thinking "by the time i go back to uni (2nd year same as you!) i'll be completely clear and everything will be great!" WRONG. i've been on them for about 2 months and i thought things were looking up at first, but now theyre definitely looking doooown

Holy crap I have everything in common with that statement except that I just started accutane. Besides that fact its like i wrote that post. I feel your pain about being in college and having acne problems at the same time, it stinks, but we will get through it.

Guest james11

I can totally relate to what you're saying. Acne is so damaging to your confidence. I always feel like i'm working my arse off just to try and get my skin looking good and then there's everything else that life throws up, it's like a full-time stressful job before you even go to uni!

If only all the people on this website could form some sort of community and all live together, support each other and all that jazz! Anyone got a big house?

It's re-assuring in a way to hear that there are other's in a similar situation!

I've had a REALLY annoying breakout of two very large pimples. And their position? Right between the eyes.

It has to be the worst place by far to have acne, IMO.

On a positive note they seem to be the only major active areas at the moment. I'm hoping they'll heal in a few days and during that time I wont breakout, provided Zineryt does the job.

This whole week I'm trying to avoid going out... it's so annoying.