Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krelian440

Wow people really DO treat you different

Alright so 3 months ago I went on Tretinion cream as part of a research study because I have little money and no insurance. After the 1st week or so on that gunk my face actually looked pretty good, the best it had looked in years. I'd say 75% cleared up.

Man was that great. I actually looked decent for once. When I went to the bank I swear the cute bank teller was actually flirting with me. A chick had never even flirted with me before ( yes I'm 21 years old and had never been flirted with, life sucks ass). People in general jsut seemed more willing to strike up a conversation with me. It felt so good. Even though everything else in my life was still shot to hell I actually felt kind of positive for once.

Of course this was too good to be true. The clear skin lasted about 3 days. The acne came back full on, maybe a little worse than before. For the rest of the 3 months i rubbed the gunk on every night to no avail. People quickly began treating me the same as before ( basically ignoring me) and my attitude went to hell.

Now that I'm off the study and the cream my face has gone straight to hell, much worse than before. I cut myself about 7 times shaving over my pimples yesterday. Blood everywhere, it feels like someone took my face and melted it on a stove.

To make matters worse I need to get a job desperately since I am broke and will not be able to afford rent in about a month. My face looks terrible, and I'm afraid it will be more difficult to get a job due to the way i am going to look for interviews. Its been hard enough looking the past 3 months, I don't need less in my favor.

Give me a reason to stick things out. Because I have seriously been considering suicide. Although than again, the way I've been feeling ( panic attacks, exhaustion), my body might just pass away regardless.

hey there, krelian440. the same thing happened to me when i tried retin-a. i had to stop using it because my face just kept getting worse. i thought my skin would never recover, but you know what? it did... it will get better for you, too. what are you currently using? i know it's hard, but you just have to hang in there, ok? please, if you need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to PM or email me. i noticed that you are in portland. i'm not too far away. smile.gif

Guest tenshigirl25

i can relate..ive had moments where my skin cleared as if by magic and it would last about a week and thn back to acne again and sometimes even worse then b4..guys came up to me constantly and would try to talk to me, tell me i was beautiful..blah blah..but when th acne comes back im invisible again..i cant bleive the transformation either..clear skin can change your whole face and u cant bleive its u in the mirror.but i loved those moments..

You know, it might not actually be the clear skin, but your perception that you look good that causes all these changes. Body language plays a major role in our interaction, you know.

So try to think positive, and ignore what you think other people think about you. I guarantee better treatment from the people around you.

Guest tenshigirl25

yeah that is part of it..but there is a great feeling to see a happy, fresh faced complexion staring back at u in the mirror..

when ur looking good everyone favors u more it's a known fact. This world is not a place for unattractive folks.

My acnes now gone thanks to roaccutane and I've definately got a lot more male attention. Maybe its because I do look better without acne or maybe just because I have more confidence who knows. But without acne I feel miles happier and has helped me so much more.

I've gotten so many comments about how clear my skin is from everybody who knows me. It was never really that bad, just consistently breaking out. I never felt like I was treated differently because of it, but I always wore alot of coverup. In a way, I liked how it kept superficial people away from me:p and it kept me from being a superficial person.

I'm really, really sorry for what you're going through. I cannot imagine how you must feel :( .

Reason to live... you even asking shows that you must feel there is a reason or wouldn't have asked us to help point it out.

Do you have family? Loved ones? If you do, let them be your reason.

If you'd like to PM me sometime, any time, feel free as I'd be happy to help.

reason to live?

to see acne die!!!!!!! :evil::evil::evil::evil:

thats what keeps me motivated.. dont you want to see the day when you finally kill that son of bitch! dont let him win!

Guest tenshigirl25

if your face was clear once, it will be clear again..so just remember it is possible. im 25 and still dealing with this..now on accutane. ive been thru the lowest lows and kept to myself but it makes u strong and its helping u grow. rise above it and when your skin dos clear u wont be the same person, u will be strong, compassionate and determined. dont lose motivation.

When I had clear skin, about age 13 or less. Alot of old people flirted with me, was great. Said my outfit was cute, how adorable I was. Some even pinched my cheek and gaveout huge hugs. Those were the days, thought of myself as a "pimp". Now adays, haveing little to minor breakouts. I get nothing, not even a hello. Just the other day comeing out of a Wal-mart. The old lady who checks off your reciept as your leaveing, flicked me off. I found it odd but accepted it. Every where I walk i'm always getting hated on. Like some alien (not mexican) from a distant planet that no human likes. Other night my mother asked me to sit in the basement becuase company was comeing over. She also asked me to change my last name not so identical to hers and asked to wear a shroud over my face whenever I leave the house. To make matters worse, her regimen for cureing acne as she told me. Is to soak your face in battery acid for an hour .

The only way for me to even get close to a girl is threw the internet with picture shareing. I have been talking to a girl from turkey who thinks I look like Nick from the pop band Backstreet Boys. She was very anxious to meet me,she went as far as to schedule a plane flight to america. I told her that I all of a sudden got alittle acne and would be embarrassed to see her. I actually sent in my real picture. Her reply was to see a dermatologist and a plastic sergeon immediately, not to mention she added me to ignore after the reply.

I knew my acne had to stop. Somehow or sometime I will find a way.

Do some people exaggerate on these boards? You have "Little to minor breakouts" but your mom told you to sit in the basement and a girl told you to go to a plastic surgeon? What are you kidding me?

newguy what in the world?? are your parents that superficial? also, there must have been a reason for that old hag to flip you off? and these fucking teeny boppers that think their grade A shit dont even get involved with them. they are zombies who may be physicall in sense but their soul real persons, are shit. From turkey, im palestenian american and most foreghners especailly girls, are extremely superficial it isn;t even funny. man i dont really know hwo to express my words! im just angry and telling myself this can't be true or your exaggeratting. but then again i think of these fucking ppl who think their something special and i wouldn't put it past them.

Guest tenshigirl25

i think newguy is taking the piss

lol newguy. Funny story. "She [mom] also asked me to change my last name [...]" Do you expect people to beleive this story? :)

So sorry, didn't know I woundered into the clear skin forums. I'll just take myself and my bottle of clearasil to the acne forums.

Haha good one newguy, at least someone here doesn't take this seriously, depressed people are so boring.

the check out lady flipped you off for no reason :lol2: absurd but funny

Yeah unfortunately thread originator.. I've experienced that same hell you have. When I would be pale I would have oily as hell skin and break out.. when I tanned my skin would dry and look great and girls and everyone seemed to love me. The fact is the more attractive you are to look at, the more attraction people will have to you. The reason why good looking people make at least 10% more in the work place than their counterparts I believe is not just due to good looks, but the social skills and abilities they pick up through life because generally most people will be more attracted to socialize and be around them.

Some people like to delude themselves and say "oh it's not because your skin cleared and you are good looking, its because you are confident now! thats it! yeahhh".. Sorry to say, that isn't it. I really wish it was.. but when I cleared I didn't even notice it. I was still walking around humble and shy and was bombarded by the attention. It's insane how even older adult males will even be more friendly with you if you are good looking. I remember sitting in the dentist office once when i was younger and this old guy there struck up a conversation and in 5 minutes of talking about teeth he brings up "You are a good lookin kid" with no relevance to the conversation.

Attraction matters too much in this world. It's not until you can cross the lines of ugly or 'meh' and attractive do you REALLY get to see the difference in this world. It is an ENTIRE different world out there depending on what you look like. It's like bizarro world.

My acnes now gone thanks to roaccutane and I've definately got a lot more male attention. Maybe its because I do look better without acne or maybe just because I have more confidence who knows.

Guest tenshigirl25

shy, no confidence..whatever..guys wont approach girls like this even if they are hot..yes, because they might seem initimidating or stand offish..girls that dont smile or seem negative dont usually get approached. bautiful girls wont gt approached because they look as though thy already have someone, or its too much work to approach and then get rejected.