Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shirl

suggestions?

hi everyone, i'm new here. i just joined yesterday. my name is shirl, i live in nyc and just turned 21. what would you guys suggest for two ice picks and a chicken pox mark? the ice picks are very, very small and very shallow. the only noticeable scar is the chicken pox mark. i'm asian and very light skinned, so they're not that noticeable, but they still bother me. sad.gif any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks so much.

about 1 cm wide, but it is very, very shallow. it isnt shaped like a circle or box, it looks like a huge ice pick.

My scar is similar to your chicken pox but mine is a bit less than 1 cm and very shallow like yours. I had mine needled and really saw some improvement afterwards but I cannot say that it was 100% needling as it might have still been healing at the time. If it is that shallow and you can find someone competent to do medical microdermabrasion then you might be fine. Needling or subcision might make it improve but you will still mostlikely need some final resurfacing. The icepicks should be easily excised. The chicken pox scar could be excised depending on where it is but it would leave you with a 2cm linear scar.