Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keepitcoming

GP presribed Erythromycin and differin

Hi, I am almost 17 and have moderate acne on my face and minor on my back and chest. I have tried endless amounts of products to no avail including the regime. So i finally bit the bullet and went to my gp (doctor) about it. He told me that he was going to start off on antibiotics and see how well they work but hes not a fan of trying all the different types, so if these dont work then he will refer me to a dermatologist for further treatment, so i have no problems with this.

I have read on the internet that antibiotics do nothing but bad things but my gp said that the majority of people who come to him about acne are spotless after about 4 months on antibiotics. What i have read on the internet is nothing but bad things about antibiotics but maybe thats because only people who they havent worked for will bother writing about them.

So what he has prescribed for me is Erythromycin tablets 250 mg. I take 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening for a total of 1000mg. In conjunction with these he has also prescribed me with 0.1% differin cream but they dont have it in stock at my pharamasist, only differin in the gel form. So my question to you is the gel any less/ more effective then the cream? I could go back to my gp and ask for another topical treatment, if so which one? Also what do you think of my little regime, does it look good?

Hi, I am almost 17 and have moderate acne on my face and minor on my back and chest. I have tried endless amounts of products to no avail including the regime. So i finally bit the bullet and went to my gp (doctor) about it. He told me that he was going to start off on antibiotics and see how well they work but hes not a fan of trying all the different types, so if these dont work then he will refer me to a dermatologist for further treatment, so i have no problems with this.

I have read on the internet that antibiotics do nothing but bad things but my gp said that the majority of people who come to him about acne are spotless after about 4 months on antibiotics. What i have read on the internet is nothing but bad things about antibiotics but maybe thats because only people who they havent worked for will bother writing about them.

So what he has prescribed for me is Erythromycin tablets 250 mg. I take 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening for a total of 1000mg. In conjunction with these he has also prescribed me with 0.1% differin cream but they dont have it in stock at my pharamasist, only differin in the gel form. So my question to you is the gel any less/ more effective then the cream? I could go back to my gp and ask for another topical treatment, if so which one? Also what do you think of my little regime, does it look good?