Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There are so many misinformed people in this thread it's ridiculous. If you do not know what you're talking about, stop talking. That goes for people arguing for and against this topic. Neither have sufficient evidence to back up their claims, so don't say "prove it" when you can't prove your side either.

This is a very sketchy topic and all of you know that. The only optimal conclusion that should be reached, and spoken is your results that pertain only to you. That does not mean it relates to anyone else. I know there are thousands of people that have acne which is triggered by sex/masterbation either directly or indirectly. I can say the same for people who do not have acne and continually do these actions.

Personally, only recently have i started paying attention to this. For me, acne started around the same point that i began masterbating, and continued to do so for many years, on average once a day. From my personal conclusion, and this certainly isn't long enough, or confirmed -->> I stopped for 2 weeks. During those 2 weeks my skin did not get any worse, and it appeared to look better. The following two weeks were the best skin weeks i've ever seen in about 5 years. After that, hormones kicked in and i went back to my old ways for about a week. Within 10 days, my skin was back to where it started.

I'm not making any conclusions just yet, however that is my personal experience as of yet. I have stopped sex/mas. for the past week and will keep track of what happens in the following weeks.

There are so many misinformed people in this thread it's ridiculous. If you do not know what you're talking about, stop talking. That goes for people arguing for and against this topic. Neither have sufficient evidence to back up their claims, so don't say "prove it" when you can't prove your side either.

This is a very sketchy topic and all of you know that. The only optimal conclusion that should be reached, and spoken is your results that pertain only to you. That does not mean it relates to anyone else. I know there are thousands of people that have acne which is triggered by sex/masterbation either directly or indirectly. I can say the same for people who do not have acne and continually do these actions.

Personally, only recently have i started paying attention to this. For me, acne started around the same point that i began masterbating, and continued to do so for many years, on average once a day. From my personal conclusion, and this certainly isn't long enough, or confirmed -->> I stopped for 2 weeks. During those 2 weeks my skin did not get any worse, and it appeared to look better. The following two weeks were the best skin weeks i've ever seen in about 5 years. After that, hormones kicked in and i went back to my old ways for about a week. Within 10 days, my skin was back to where it started.

I'm not making any conclusions just yet, however that is my personal experience as of yet. I have stopped sex/mas. for the past week and will keep track of what happens in the following weeks.

Yeah I agree, I cannot make a connection between orgasms and acne. It seems like everything causes acne. Look at the boards! Its milk causes acne, or sun causes acne, or evil demented babies cause acne.

From my personal experience, masturbation and acne doesn't relate. (Unless you masturbate your face?)

Unless there has been a study where a significant number of people were involved and showed clear results then we may have something. Most guys masturbate, yet most guys do not have acne (maybe for women too?).

You guys don´t get it....the reason why children don´t get acne when they masturbate is the same for adults. The hormones aren´t that high. You might believe me or not, but I become completly clear after stop masturbating...no new products nothing, no change in diet. no change in sleep...just stopped masturbating for 2 weeks and my acne gone. As I expected.

I believe this may be a cause of my acne, but I managed to quit for 2 weeks and my skin got more oily than ever. Also esoj do you never masturbate now, or just limit it.

Science has already proved it....people just ignored it. I posted some studies in another topic.

You guys don´t get it....the reason why children don´t get acne when they masturbate is the same for adults. The hormones aren´t that high. You might believe me or not, but I become completly clear after stop masturbating...no new products nothing, no change in diet. no change in sleep...just stopped masturbating for 2 weeks and my acne gone. As I expected.

You always need to masturbate... the subject is more complex that people think. Masturbate 1 to 2 times a week and that should be fine. You can´t masturbate too much or too less... I guess.

Guest ~Wolfy~

Was it that though, or did you have a period of low hormones for unrelated reasons (stress, diet etc), so you didn't feel the urge to masturbate and you didn't get acne due to the low hormones?

And let's get this straight, you tried this once, for two weeks, and you're generalising to everyone everywhere and for every other week as well?

I been looking up info on the relationship between acne and orgasms and I'm mad that there's people out there calling themselves professionals, saying there is no cause between the two. Everyone breaks out for different reasons, and mines is becuase of orgasms, for a fact. For all of you who have tried every possible thing over the counter and still you break out, then try cutting out sex and masterbation for at least 2 months and see what happens. (After you cum, you will break out about a week later). Also think about the age you first started having orgasms and the time you initially started breaking out. If they seem to tie together, then most likely thats the problem. Something to do with excessive hormones and DHT.

I love the feeling of cumming so its very hard for me, but for the past 3 years, id average a total of 10 orgasms a year, and thats only because I couldnt fight it. Me and my bf have sex but I dont let him give me an orgasm. (its very hard, sometimes I give in). Pretty much its up to you to decide whether you want a moment of sexual pleasure or clear skin. Its like a curse. But as long as I avoid it, my face stays clear.

Oct. 29th - Let me just add that I recently found out i have PCOS (cystic ovaries) which might or might not have something to do with the reaction to orgasms. I heard of people who have PCOS and dont react to orgasms at all. I just dont want to leave out any facts.

I had an orgasm just reading this post. Case closed.

:ninja:

Was it that though, or did you have a period of low hormones for unrelated reasons (stress, diet etc), so you didn't feel the urge to masturbate and you didn't get acne due to the low hormones?

And let's get this straight, you tried this once, for two weeks, and you're generalising to everyone everywhere and for every other week as well?

Yes let´s get this straight. First I tried once for the first time 2 weeks without masturbation, BUT I had done already before several times 4 days to a week without masturbation, and I had ALWAYS noticed a significant improvement in acne with these experiments. So I finally decided to go forward to 2 weeks.

And it is not about the urge to masturbate, believe me the sexual desire WAS there, as always has been in my all life. It was a really hard thing to do.

And I´m not generalizing based on my experience, in fact you have hundreds of users who experience the same...it´s not a coincidence that this is the most discussed topic.

And I have posted some studies that show the increase the level of steroids after masturbating.

If you notice that chocolate causes acne to you, will you still be eating chocolate even if the experts says there is no proved correlation? Of course not. Unless you have some serious addiction, that prevails over your desire to become clear.

It´s the same with masturbation.

Hey, brand new here, but I gotta reply to this one!

I'm a clinical aesthetician specializing in acne treatment, and I can tell you that YES there can be a correlation between acne and sexual behavior. Sex causes a release of testosterone, androgens, and cortisol; all of which are proven to increase both sebum production as well as irritate the sebaceous glands.

But SFW? Like we're all gonna stop having sex or masturbating?

I don't think so.

Also, sex and masturbation in general cause the release of endorphins and other feel-good opiate-like chemicals throughout or bodies that may negate the effect of the abovementioned androgens in many individuals.

In general, the right skincare regimen will be able to negate or drastically reduce the effects of sex or masturbation on general on your overall appearance.

Many people WILL notice that when they begin a super-hot sexual relationship they're gonna break out for a couple of weeks, then it may tone down...or not. Usually I just heve them step up their regimen a couple of notches for a while. Similar breakouts can be noticed in people with a healthy self-sex frequency, but it is less likely.

Think about what happens when you are in that space...your hormones are racing...you've gotta have it-NOW! You can't sleep, you can't eat, and you don't even care! That's hormones, baby-physical, not just mental. Your endocrine system is in control, not you.

Just my two cents...

In my practice I have had some success using estrogens topically to diffuse the effects of testoserone production. A compounding pharmacy in my area has made up a spirnolactone cream for me that seems to improve cases of acne I suspect to be mainly hormone related. Some of you may want to try that.

Hey, brand new here, but I gotta reply to this one!

I'm a clinical aesthetician specializing in acne treatment, and I can tell you that YES there can be a correlation between acne and sexual behavior. Sex causes a release of testosterone, androgens, and cortisol; all of which are proven to increase both sebum production as well as irritate the sebaceous glands.

But SFW? Like we're all gonna stop having sex or masturbating?

I don't think so.

Also, sex and masturbation in general cause the release of endorphins and other feel-good opiate-like chemicals throughout or bodies that may negate the effect of the abovementioned androgens in many individuals.

In general, the right skincare regimen will be able to negate or drastically reduce the effects of sex or masturbation on general on your overall appearance.

Many people WILL notice that when they begin a super-hot sexual relationship they're gonna break out for a couple of weeks, then it may tone down...or not. Usually I just heve them step up their regimen a couple of notches for a while. Similar breakouts can be noticed in people with a healthy self-sex frequency, but it is less likely.

Think about what happens when you are in that space...your hormones are racing...you've gotta have it-NOW! You can't sleep, you can't eat, and you don't even care! That's hormones, baby-physical, not just mental. Your endocrine system is in control, not you.

Just my two cents...

I am not talking in giving up masturbation. After that shift of two weeks, I started again (otherwise it would be more than two weeks :D) but just 1-2 times a week.

Benzoyl Peroxide just works to me if I don´t masturbate. (But I stopped using a long time ago).

For my experience with acne products masturbation (if overdone) can make worthless any acne treatment, for those more light. With things like accutane don´t know

I swear, you crazy kids will believe in anything.

How many of you have gone blind due to masturbation?

Grown hairy palms?

Become homosexual?

What's that? None? Why?

Because those are all myths force fed down your throat by the religious and moral right!

Get over your shame. Stop being embarressed. Own your freakin' bodies and deal with the fact that you are SEXUAL BEINGS.

Stop being embarressed about it.

You are missing the acne. ME.

People like you have that strong position against masturbation/acne because they want to sound Open Minded, and anti tabus. What you are doing is making masturbating something special, why don´t you treat masturbation, as diet, or stress as possible cause of acne? With the same isention from that emotional feelings, and put things rationally?

I been looking up info on the relationship between acne and orgasms and I'm mad that there's people out there calling themselves professionals, saying there is no cause between the two. Everyone breaks out for different reasons, and mines is becuase of orgasms, for a fact. For all of you who have tried every possible thing over the counter and still you break out, then try cutting out sex and masterbation for at least 2 months and see what happens. (After you cum, you will break out about a week later). Also think about the age you first started having orgasms and the time you initially started breaking out. If they seem to tie together, then most likely thats the problem. Something to do with excessive hormones and DHT.

I love the feeling of cumming so its very hard for me, but for the past 3 years, id average a total of 10 orgasms a year, and thats only because I couldnt fight it. Me and my bf have sex but I dont let him give me an orgasm. (its very hard, sometimes I give in). Pretty much its up to you to decide whether you want a moment of sexual pleasure or clear skin. Its like a curse. But as long as I avoid it, my face stays clear.

Oct. 29th - Let me just add that I recently found out i have PCOS (cystic ovaries) which might or might not have something to do with the reaction to orgasms. I heard of people who have PCOS and dont react to orgasms at all. I just dont want to leave out any facts.

Well this is the first time i've discovered this thread. And during the past 5 months i've been experimenting with this. Personally, and I STRESS PERSONALLY....this is exactly the case. I am not saying this is the case for you, but it certainly has made a difference for me. If i masterbate or have sex AND orgasm...breakout a week later. If i dont for over a week = all active acne is gone. Im past the point of thinking this is a myth or just a coincidence, it is absolutely the factor that contributes giving acne to myself.

My point is. Try it. Does it matter if some scientist or university professor said there is 'no correlation'? No test, or projects, or papers or academic journals can refute personal experience and without a doubt you cannot possibly deny that. If it makes absolutely no difference, then fine. Just like every other thing in this planet, 'something' is not right for everyone. For me personally, i did try it. It was the best decision i ever made and i have finally figured out over the years what has been prolonging it. Call me 'myth believer' or what ever you want, i don't care. For the haters, go eat a dick or something.

I swear, you crazy kids will believe in anything.

How many of you have gone blind due to masturbation?

Grown hairy palms?

Become homosexual?

What's that? None? Why?

Because those are all myths force fed down your throat by the religious and moral right!

Get over your shame. Stop being embarressed. Own your freakin' bodies and deal with the fact that you are SEXUAL BEINGS.

Stop being embarressed about it.

You are missing the acne. ME.

People like you have that strong position against masturbation/acne because they want to sound Open Minded, and anti tabus. What you are doing is making masturbating something special, why don´t you treat masturbation, as diet, or stress as possible cause of acne? With the same isention from that emotional feelings, and put things rationally?

Yeah, there I agree with you.

People need to stop asking "to masturbate, or not to masturbate? That is the question"

And please just take it from me: HORMONES CAN CAUSE ACNE, SEX MAKES MORE HORMONES. There IS a correlation. That doesn't mean to stop masturbating-I'd die first. It just means it can contribute to acne the same way taking steroids can, or working out more for that matter. And not everyone is THAT sensitive to sex hormones. Some people are though. I think most of the people on this site have rather resistant acne and that's when you have to start considering more obscure contributing factors.

As for one of the first people to post (josie1) I hope you read this: polycystic ovarian syndrome is often associated with acne and excess hair growth due to extra androgens in your system. I'm sure you already know that. I'm sure your OBGYN or Endocrinologist is treating you for it with birthcontrol pills such as Spirnolactone? You should know that it is also associated with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. You may want to have that checked. Some people get good results for that with Glucophage and diet/excercise. Not only can it help with your PCOS, but it should help with the root cause of your acne too. I just thought you might like to know that.

In women a breakout generally comes about a week after you start to ovulate. Have you considered that perhaps your acne comes from that, not just the act, as you are certainly more "in the mood" during ovulation? Also, even if you're on the pill, many women, particularly those who are overweight or have PCOS will actually "override" The Pill a little during this time.

And please just take it from me: HORMONES CAN CAUSE ACNE, SEX MAKES MORE HORMONES. There IS a correlation. That doesn't mean to stop masturbating-I'd die first. It just means it can contribute to acne the same way taking steroids can, or working out more for that matter. And not everyone is THAT sensitive to sex hormones. Some people are though. I think most of the people on this site have rather resistant acne and that's when you have to start considering more obscure contributing factors.

As for one of the first people to post (josie1) I hope you read this: polycystic ovarian syndrome is often associated with acne and excess hair growth due to extra androgens in your system. I'm sure you already know that. I'm sure your OBGYN or Endocrinologist is treating you for it with birthcontrol pills such as Spirnolactone? You should know that it is also associated with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. You may want to have that checked. Some people get good results for that with Glucophage and diet/excercise. Not only can it help with your PCOS, but it should help with the root cause of your acne too. I just thought you might like to know that.

In women a breakout generally comes about a week after you start to ovulate. Have you considered that perhaps your acne comes from that, not just the act, as you are certainly more "in the mood" during ovulation? Also, even if you're on the pill, many women, particularly those who are overweight or have PCOS will actually "override" The Pill a little during this time.

Exactly! "The plasma levels of all steroids were significantly increased after masturbation"

http://joe.endocrinology-journals.org/cgi/...stract/70/3/439

A month or two ago I had a whole week with no sexual activity and then didn't breakout for a week afterwards....didn't recognize it at the time because I thought it was the result of a sorta new regimen, but im testing it again. Im almost up to a whole week again(sunday) and if I have the same result the next week then ill know it effects me.

hmm.....call me horny if u want but im not going to stop for any of this (that is not proved) and i dont think it has to do anything with it.

and by the way if by any means this orgasm thing influence with it hmm well i can live with some breakouts cant say the same about sex.

PD: This can work for many many believers, cause we humans can cure wen we believe even having nothing to do with it. I respect the opinion of everyone about this but i personally do not agreed.

hmm.....call me horny if u want but im not going to stop for any of this (that is not proved) and i dont think it has to do anything with it.

and by the way if by any means this orgasm thing influence with it hmm well i can live with some breakouts cant say the same about sex.

PD: This can work for many many believers, cause we humans can cure wen we believe even having nothing to do with it. I respect the opinion of everyone about this but i personally do not agreed.

That's the mentality i had before too. Just try it? What's 2 weeks without a single orgasm?

Im wondering why so many people are strongly against it having ANY effect on acne? I mean its pretty straightforward....sex really gets hormones going....hormones = excess sebum production = acne

am i missing something or do people just really really not want it to be a cause of their acne? I dont necessarily believe this is a total cure or anything or is the cause for everyones acne but I have reason to believe it affects me. Fish oil can only regulate my hormones so much, and in a few days ill be able to tell if this really does it for me.

and i'd also like to say that the success stories ive heard over time related to this have always been every consistent. The people always seem to say that they breakout in a week after sexual activity...I find it pretty interesting that multiple people have found a consistency like that. And im also wondering...how many people have come forward and said they tried this with no success? Im not knocking anybodys opinion and im still in the process of seeing if this works for me, but I think way to many people bash the shit out of this like its something completely ridiculous when in reality its one of the most basic and logical things you could try.

Yeah, I think it's because it's the LAST thing people want to believe could be a contributing factor.

But like I said, it probably isn't the case for everyone, and furthermore, I would NEVER, EVER EVER suggest that a person forgo sex or masturbation to fix acne.

The goal here is to isolate a factor and treat it accordingly with an agent effective against hormonal acne, as opposed to just oily skin or improper skincare.