Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RUStillDown

Being Fat ? or having acne ?

Do you guys think it's way worse having acne ? or is it worse being fat... i'm not saying weight in at 400pounds but like i dont know... 5'11 - 230... something like that...

For myself... i think being fat is way easier cuz you can exercices, eat healthier, liposuccion... ( sorry for typing )...

For acne... almost everything doesn't work and make it worse... it's tough to go out....

There is so much fat people that we don't stare at them anymore...

Like... when i see a fat guy/girl ... i don't really care... i'm like... i wish i was fat but acne clear....

What do you guys think ?

This question comes up waay to often.

I would rathe rhave acne because its more accpeted by our media and society while being fat is a big nono.

I used to be fat with no acne and now im slim with acne and ic an say im much happier with the acne. Chances are a guy with acne is still better looking than a fat person.

WHen i was fat i kept to myself and wasnt very social. Now i enjoy taking of my shirt when i go into a pool... I have more confidence to do everything despite my acne.

You say you can become slimmer but many people cant follow through with a proper diet and excersise.

Take it from a person who had experienced both worlds... ACNE IS BETTER THAN BEING FAT

Well he's had the experience.......

You must have a mild case of acne

because I would give anything to be fat and have a clean face...

society and media accept our acne....I don't feel that way at all

fat people are everywhere thats more accepted

I would MUCH rather be fat. Even obese. Why? Because there is a simple equation for losing weight: diet and exercise. It might be tough, but at least you know that there is a way out.

For some acne sufferers there is virtually nothing they can do. And severe acne can be a true nightmare.

Think about how many fat people you see on TV. A few actually, especially on comedy shows.

How many people with severe acne do you see? None whatsoever.

Guest *Clara

Jessica Simpson had such horrible acne... oh mah GAAH! Try Proactiv, it works...

... NOT! Lmao. lol.gif

Guest ldanielle

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm acne, fat disgusts me. I mean really fat people. Even though I hate acne with a passion also (when it's on me, doesn't bother me too much on other people).

Has anyone ever actually noticed how so many fat people seem to actually have really clear skin? Or is this just me? Seems that way around here anyway. what the fuck is with that shit

Acne destroys my life socially. Being fat would also destroy it physically. I couldnt do all the physical activities I love doing, like snowboarding and skateboarding. Acne sucks, but not as much as being over weight.

Has anyone ever actually noticed how so many fat people seem to actually have really clear skin? Or is this just me? Seems that way around here anyway. what the fuck is with that shit

There are more fat people than people with severe acne. Therefore, being fat is more acceptable. The face is the first thing you see on a person. Therefore, being being fat is more acceptable.

Then again, i'm sure fat people would rather have acne.

it depends where you are from. everybody is fat in the USA ( not really but more than other countries). while in other countries its uncommon to be overweight.

Well he's had the experience.......

You must have a mild case of acne

because I would give anything to be fat and have a clean face...

society and media accept our acne....I don't feel that way at all

fat people are everywhere thats more accepted

These kinds of questions always seemed odd to me. Not odd in the "WTF" way, because we ALL think of problems we'd *rather* have instead of the ones we have, but odd in the fact that we spend so much time on them.

Would I rather have cystic acne or would I rather be fat? Don't know, haven't been either. Both seem like they would suck.

Would I rather have had the problem of an eating disorder rather than drug addiction? Don't know. I've had drug addiction, and to tell the truth, eating disorders look hella harder to recover from.

Would I rather have had a mother who'se abuse took the form of sheer physical beatings rather than a love for pedophiles? Don't know. I know bruises and scars heal and what she did also heals - just slower. But not only does the problem I didn't have seem to suck, but so does the one I have.

We all have problems. Lots of them. Wouldn't energy be better spent working on the ones we have rather than thinking about what problems we'd *rather* have?

I guess this forum is to make certain people realize that it can always be worse. It kind of gives some people a sense of happiness that they arent like "them".

Guest *Clara

Well haven't you considered there are probably overweight people here at the forums? I think it's insensitive to have a topic like this! eusa_naughty.gifeusa_naughty.gif

It probably is but im sure overweight people know the true, harsh reality. The media does not consdier fat/overwight attractive.

If people care enough about what the media thinks than they will change and conform and in their case lose weight.

Guest *Clara

Ya, and in the mean time why don't you get your face cleared up. I think that's what plastic Hollywood would also tell you, get me? No one should listen to what Hollywood wants you to be.

wait a minutes guys/girls...

i'm not making fun of overweight people or anything... i'm just saying...

if you could have a choice... overweight/acne...

Like.. for me... being overweight doesn't bother me... i don't stare at overweight people....acne is totally different...

There is a big difference. Losing weight is a natural thing. Getting needles stuck in your face isnt.

I guess my philosophy would be to make yourself look your best through natural means such as eating right, working out, getting a nice haircut and so on.

The other choice is to do what makes you happy :-)

What sucks even more is having acne AND being fat at the same time. Quite the killer. Literally. I'm pretty sure puberty has effectively killed me on the inside. Eh well.

Probably the majority of the poster will say they wish that they dont have (ie if you are skinny and have acne, you would choose to be overweight without acne).

I admit I'm not fat, but my face have tons of redmarks. I think being overweight is far better.

Anyway that's just my opinion.

This topic is pretty much insensitive but it is interesting. I would rather have acne than be fat. If you are fat its not that easy to lose weight as you are all making it seem.. Also, once you have lost the weight, what the hell are you going to do with the excess skin dangling from your body. Acne and scarring suck like hell but so does having to squeeze your feet into shoes.

More imporatntly than anything, being fat is unhealthy. The rise of diabetes ad heart disease and child obesity is terrible and thats because we are eating too much. Its really not necessary to each as much as we do here in North America. We can comtrol our acne for the most part and try to fix our scars but being fat is not pleasant either.

Dude thats so weird because I was stinking about this the other day. Because I'm obsessed with loosing weight, to the point of having an eating disorder, and I'm also obsessed with clearing my acne. So I was thinking, which one would I choose, having the perfect body and bad acne or having a chunkier body and perfect skin. And it was like one of those paradoxes and I just kept thinking about it. I really couldn't figure out which one I wanted more. Then I moved into that other paradox where you just think about 'what if there was nothing' I mean NOTHING. Like no universe no black space because black is a color and space is something. Like....NOTHING man. THINK ABOUT IT.