Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a problem with picking at my pimples too much which causes big scabs. i have been struggling with this problem for a while now. Small pimples that i pick at turn out to be large scabs that last for weeks and leave a nasty scar. I have been searching for ways to stop this unecessary picking. I have finally found a way to stop picking! I got fake nails! sounds weird right? well it is a lot harder to pick at things with the fake nails. now my face is almost clear with the exception of the spot on my cheek that i picked before the nails. I am going to keep getting my nails done until i have rid my self of the habit. just try it if you have a picking problem.

I have the same problem . . . my face really doesn't break out that much except for when the weather changes (it'll be really hot one day and then really cold the next) and I always seem to make it look worse by picking at it! sad.gif, sounds like a good idea, but then I heard that fake nails are really damaging to your real nails . . . so it's pretty much a win-lose situation. Interesting idea, though!

damn that's a good idea. I'm fine until I pick out the most minute spots which then become inflamed. But I find it so hard to pick. This would be a great reason to get a manicure. Thanks!!!!!

Also try not to look at your skin as much, the longer you stay away from the mirror the better. Im glad you've found away round your problem Rach. Best wishes with keeping clear!

Yes with acrylic nails its hard to pick but they can wreck you nails... so take care of them. If you do a search about acrylic nails on the net and problems you can have then you will know what i mean.

i did not get acrylic nails. i bought the ones from the store that you glue on yourself. they have lasted a week so far with a few touch ups. they are less damaging to your nails. =) so far so good! face looks pretty clear

I have a problem with picking at my pimples too much which causes big scabs. i have been struggling with this problem for a while now. Small pimples that i pick at turn out to be large scabs that last for weeks and leave a nasty scar. I have been searching for ways to stop this unecessary picking. I have finally found a way to stop picking! I got fake nails! sounds weird right? well it is a lot harder to pick at things with the fake nails. now my face is almost clear with the exception of the spot on my cheek that i picked before the nails. I am going to keep getting my nails done until i have rid my self of the habit. just try it if you have a picking problem.