Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sokeefe32

for all of you who break out using BP

You could be using low strength watery BP gel like Zapzyt, Persa-Gel, or OXY. I've used Clearasil off and on, and everytime i go back to it, i clear up in less than 4 days. The reason why Clearasil is different is because its not runny and its not oily feeling, its thick, easy to spread and maximun strength 10%. (ONLY USE IT IF YOUR SKIN CAN HANDLE IT!) This drys up my skin to get rid of everything, but strangly does not make my skin flake or redden. Try it, it could work

hmm....this thing shud be used for spot treatment only....not for the whole face, u'll be dead meat..or shud i say dry skin lol

i've actually been using it for like 3 years and my skin is fine, almost never dry! hmmmm... Is there an opposite to sensitive skin because i think i have it!

I'm not sure if this pertains to you but here's my experience with 10% BP:

I've been using it for about 5 years, and recently stopped using it about 3 weeks ago. Part of the reason I stopped was because I want to try to put less chemicals on my face but also because I was always getting comments about how RED my face was. So once I stopped using BP not only did I get a minor breakout but now my skin SUCKS--only 1 active pimple but the texture is AWFUL and I have lots of ruddy red patches and spots on my cheeks that are sort of like pimples but are just sort of scarrish things. All of this happened at the same time I was losing my summer tan and I know my skin is pretty damaged from the sun but if I were you I'd stop using the 10% all over your face because once you stop using it, your face is going to go nuts. Also, I always thought I had sensitive skin and now I'm not even sure what type of skin I have--I think the BP screwed my face up for good :think:

"You could be using low strength watery BP gel like Zapzyt, Persa-Gel, or OXY. I've used Clearasil off and on, and everytime i go back to it, i clear up in less than 4 days. The reason why Clearasil is different is because its not runny and its not oily feeling, its thick, easy to spread and maximun strength 10%. (ONLY USE IT IF YOUR SKIN CAN HANDLE IT!) This drys up my skin to get rid of everything, but strangly does not make my skin flake or redden. Try it, it could work"

Persagel is very potent and not watery. It's zapped almost all of my oil and I use it sparingly once or twice a day.

I agree that some ppl need stronger BP. Panoxyl and Neutrogena on the spot didn't cut it for me.