Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wally

Anyone heard of this-Glabridin

Some guy on clearskin posted this. I looked it up and it seems interesting, but real expensive. Has anyone heard/tried this. It seems to be used a lot in Asian cultures. Here is the article and the link:

http://www.clearskin4me.com/viewtopic.php?t=2049

I have found lots of great info on this site so I though why not share something I have found. Please read this, it could change your life! I have found a great product that maybe some of you have used. It is a whitening product called Glabridin and is from Licorice extract. Last March I was moving into a new house and spend the whole day sweating in the sun while moving. Soon after I broke out pretty bad. After the acne went away from using different products I was left with lots of ugly red marks. Not holes or pits but marks. I hated to even go outside and was always shy in public. About a month before I was to go on spring break I still had these ugly marks after trying everything from Vitamin E to regular whitening creams with Hydroquinone. My cousin that lives in Asia told me about this product they have and even sent me a bar of whitening soap. It was the greatest thing I could ever imagine. I started using it 2 weeks before Spring Break and by the time my trip was here the marks were got to the point that I didn't even use cover up on them. After a day in the sun they were not even noticable. Now after a month of using the soap I have no skin discoloration at all. It has changed my life. I later researched the stuff and found that on the scale of skin lightening, Hydroquinone has a 1.6 and the licorice extract has a thirty!!! That is over 15 times faster whitening than the stuff we get here in the states. I guess that is why Asians have such beautiful skin? I also found that to get the stuff here in the states it will cost between $60-$150 for this type of cream. It may be worth that cost compared to what some of us pay for treatments but I can get it from my cousin for about $20 including shipping when he ships it to me. If anyone would like some I could help you get it, just email me at [email protected] I am not here trying to sell any products or rip anyone off. Research it yourself to see how much the stuff costs. See how much shipping is from Asia! I get it from my cousin for $20 total after paying for the shipping. I am now able to enjoy the summmer, go to the beach and not worry about my acne. I would have paid $1,000's for something that worked, whats $20??? Hope this helps.

100 g Licorice Whitening Soap (USD $2.00)

120 ml Licorice Whitening Astringent (USD $2.90)

120 ml Licorice Whitening Toner (USD $3.30)

20 g Licorice Whitening Cream (USD $2.25)

65 g Licorice Whitening Cream (USD $4.60)

100 ml Licorice Whitening Lotion (USD $2.80)

200 ml Licorice Whitening Lotion (USD $5.00)

15g Licorice Pressed Powder Compact (USD $5.00)

15 g Licorice Pressed Powder Refill (USD $2.60)

50 ml Licorice Whitening Deodorant (USD $2.80)

Licorice Starter Pack (USD $8.00)

Are those prices in US dollars? That means it's only $5 plus shipping. Interesting. Anybody out there try this???

Estee Lauder sells a skin-whitening line called Whitelight EX. However, the website doesn't state how much licorice extract it contains, and it doesn't claim to work as fast as Godiva. The serum is $65.00 alone. I think Godiva is definitely worth a try. I am thinking of trying some of the products myself. :D The website does claim to help fade acne scars. Godiva is located in the Phillipines. They say their prices are so low because they do not advertise much, but rely on word-of-mouth and referrals.

Prices are cheap on godiva, but if you are shipping to the US its like 20 bucks for shipping. I think they are shipping from the Phillipines. So in the end it's still expensive. Sounds intriguing for red marks.

This is what they say for scars

SCARS

Scars due to acne, insect bites, chicken pox, measles and shallow wounds, can be embarrassing especially if you want to show some skin for a change. But this does not mean that you are destined to wallow in embarrassment and hide forever.  

For years, perhaps, you have wished you could do something. Now, with Godiva products and your dedication combined, you can!  

Simply cleanse with Godiva Licorice Transparent Whitening Soap and leave on the lather for about two minutes before rinsing well. To speed up the replacement of dark, scarred surface skin cells with normal, healthy ones, follow it with a spot application of Godiva Fruit Acid on your scars. After about 5 minutes, apply Godiva Licorice Whitening Lotion on the scarred areas to even out skin tone, thus, keeping it supple and moisturized. Do these three steps twice daily. And every morning, apply Godiva Green Tea Sunblock Cream on exposed areas to protect your skin from the sun which can darken scars.  

Results will take place depending on the age and nature of your scars. Early treatment will give faster results. Some types of scars cannot be completely erased but an improvement of 40-60% in color and contour can be expected. With utmost dedication to the regimen, you will soon have every right to bare your skin.

I checked out the site yesterday. I'm very interested, but if it's alot for shipping to the States, i don't want to see how much it is to ship to me.

20 bucks for shipping?

grr try living in the UK and having to have most your skin care stuff shipped from US and paying 30 dollars for shipping and then up to another 40% of total price in customs and duty when it arrives :D

Guest Tracy

Naturefina sent me a jar of licorice whitening cream and their fruit extract aha cream. I used it for several weeks and got NO RESULTS. Not only that, but Naturefina sent me an e-mail telling me to mix the two creams and add some lemon juice (the concentrated kind in a plastic lemon) and then dab the cream on my hypig spots and place scotch tape over it and that would help everything to fade faster. Tried that technique a few times, was a pain in the *ss.....so I stopped doing it.

I've gotten wonderful results with 10% mandelic acid. Try that instead. You can get it at skincarerx.com - click on the drop down box and go to Nucelle. It's their mandelic line of products....when you get to the product page, it's the 5th item down.

I just wanted to reply to the guy Wally who wrote about the skin lightening products in Asia.

skin lightening is a problem in asia and is based on the twisted psychological idea that some genes are better than others. without further ado, that is a racist philosophy and also genetically discriminatory.

he wrote:

"My cousin that lives in Asia told me about this product they have and even sent me a bar of whitening soap. ...That is over 15 times faster whitening than the stuff we get here in the states. I guess that is why Asians have such beautiful skin?"

I do hope he meant their ability to remove acne scars - not about having greater skinbecause it is lighter.

if it is the second case then actually i find that comment to be racist and unacceptable.

Yours,

HappySkinGurl