Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crashoverride64

For those of you who have been on the regimen and

Hi. For those of you who have acne that is directly affected by their diet, after being on the regimen, are u able to eat whatever you want now? I know acne and diet does not have a correlation for some people so this question does not pertain to them. For me, when ever I eat anything bad that is either high in sodium or sugar, I 90% break out. I have just started on the regimen and want to start breaking from my strict acne free diet but I just want to make sure before I do. Please help.

I will keep posting my progress. Thanks.

Hi.  For those of you who have acne that is directly affected by their diet, after being on the regimen, are u able to eat whatever you want now? I know acne and diet does not have a correlation for some people so this question does not pertain to them.  For me, when ever I eat anything bad that is either high in sodium or sugar, I 90% break out.  I have just started on the regimen and want to start breaking from my strict acne free diet but I just want to make sure before I do.  Please help.

I will keep posting my progress.  Thanks.

There's no proven coorelation between diet and acne. Your experiences with eating sugar or salt then breaking are probably coincidences. Acne is more likely caused by hormones than food. I'm sure you could start breaking from your strict acne free diet once you stop breaking out with the regimen. Should take you 4 weeks - 3 months to stop breaking out with the regimen. Once you stop, break from your diet and see if you break out. Personally, I dont eat too much sugar or salt just 'cuz its overall unhealthy for the body. Good Luck.

Hi.  For those of you who have acne that is directly affected by their diet, after being on the regimen, are u able to eat whatever you want now? I know acne and diet does not have a correlation for some people so this question does not pertain to them.  For me, when ever I eat anything bad that is either high in sodium or sugar, I 90% break out.  I have just started on the regimen and want to start breaking from my strict acne free diet but I just want to make sure before I do.  Please help.

I will keep posting my progress.  Thanks.

There's no proven coorelation between diet and acne. Your experiences with eating sugar or salt then breaking are probably coincidences. Acne is more likely caused by hormones than food. I'm sure you could start breaking from your strict acne free diet once you stop breaking out with the regimen. Should take you 4 weeks - 3 months to stop breaking out with the regimen. Once you stop, break from your diet and see if you break out. Personally, I dont eat too much sugar or salt just 'cuz its overall unhealthy for the body. Good Luck.

Hey. Thanks for your response. However, for me, it is diet. W/o using anything, I used to have mild to bad acne. But when i dramatically changed me diet(and w/o using anything) my acne was gone w/occastional pimples here and there.

Guest Tinky

Do you stress out when you eat the "bad" food? Stress can affect your hormone

levels plus BP should be killing the P.acne v. on the face and that should = less

zits, right??

Do you stress out when you eat the "bad" food? Stress can affect your hormone

levels plus BP should be killing the P.acne v.  on the face and that should = less

zits, right??

Even before I knew of the correlation between acne and diet for me, I ate everything I wanted; thus, I didn't stress out when I ate "bad" food. In hindsight, I realize that my diet progressively got worse from 9th to 11th grade. For instance, after school, I would polish off half of a huge bag of peanut m& ms or eat doughnuts for dinner. Again, i did not stress out when i ate these foods b/c i didnt think it affected me acne.

The reason it got progressively worse from 9th to 11th grade is because that's the normal course of the disease. It almost always gets worse before it gets better during puberty.