Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Started using retin-a-micro for the red marks and shallows scars...wondering if anyone out there could tell me how long it takes to see improvement on red marks, scars, tone, texture, etc. THANK YOU! wink.gif

Guest ldanielle

It made me breakout like hell, I had very mild acne beforehand and after using that I had clumps of spots everywhere I put it.

Started using retin-a-micro for the red marks and shallows scars...wondering if anyone out there could tell me how long it takes to see improvement on red marks, scars, tone, texture, etc. THANK YOU! wink.gif

nice fena...i hope was hopin' i wasn't gonna be red forever but damn i probably will be...thanks for the input everyone, peace

My redmarks faded in a few weeks but I also broke out constantly even after being on it for months so it was basically pointless. Don't mean to scare you, everyone is different. Some like it, some don't.

Retina A is EVIL!! It caused huge pimples wherever I put it and after a week's use my face was a mess! My derm said to keep on using it because the "FDA has approved Retina A for the treatment of acne." MY A$$!!! Derms like him don't have their own minds and discredit their patients experiences just because the FDA is their god!

so fena it took care of some light scarring after a year? i have some really shallow scars with red tint i'd like to annihilate

yes it did - for me anyway. I never had any really bad or deep scars though I dont think it could get rid of those. But for minor scarring and uneven texture definately yes. And while we're at it - it does prevent wrinkles too. I dont know how old you are but I used it between the time I was 22 and 26 and when I look at pics from that time, it doesnt look like I aged a day. The last year I've been off retin -a I've noticed the fine lines coming on faster.

Tell you what if i can ever move on to wrinkles being my only skin issue and I can get on a retin - a gentle enough that I wont be red- I'd probably get back on it.