Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bedrock

Sleep might be very helpful

For some of us that have hormonal acne, sleep may be the key here. I've been studying that sleep helps regulate hormones. If you don't sleep at the correct times, or sleep very little, or even sleep 4 hours one day, then 10 the next. Being inconsistent with sleeping probably screws up our hormone levels. I have tried several things. Ever notice why sometimes our face is more oily or has more acne than usual some mornings? I've noticed that some mornings, my face is very oily, and sometimes it's average. I need to try different things here. I will start conducting tests in the next few weeks to see what works. Any thoughts?

Sleep is a huge thing for me....

I recently got a perfect internship, got me so excited I didn't sleep for more then 5 hours for a good week a lot of nights even less....

Started the job with such bad bad acne.....

Get your rest people....its very important...

Guest james11

Hey, i find this concept really interesting. I like it's simplicity too. Just wondering whether the times are important, i've been told that the hours before midnight are important for a better sleep. Would this apply for your theory on improving Acne?

I believe my Acne is hormonal, is there a way of finding out for certain? If so, is there a medication (natural or western med) that can regulate my hormonal imbalance, if that is the cause?

Thankyou, James.

I always had acne so i dont think sleep really matters to me. In high school I would be in bed by 9 or 9:30 and wake at 6 ish. Now i go at 10 or 10:30 and wake at 5:45...currently I am still breaking out (about to go on dans regimen and throw this nucelle mandelic kit out the window, its not working like before when i used it) but then again i work 10 hrs a day in a dusty warehouse. lol

If you think your acne is hormone related, go to an endrocronoligist. I went months ago, and they tested everything. All he told me was that I'm as healthy as can be. I don't what all those numbers mean anyway. I didn't have any unbalance of hormones. I thought I did, but now I know.

I think sleep and acne are totally connected. My daughter had an acne problem 3 years ago. She got it cleared up with a short stint on Accutane. This summer she had a dance contract and was in New York for a couple of months. She was getting approximately 6 hours sleep a night, when she has been used to 10-11. When she returned her face was as bad as it had ever been before the Accutane. She has been home a month and just now her face is getting better. She has been using Spectro cleansing pads and Neutrogena Spot Control in the AM and Spectrogel and Tazarotene Cream at night (which she has used since going off the Accutane). She is back to her 10 hours sleep a night.

I think it also has to do with the fact rest and sleep helps to heal the body. Your skin is the biggest organ you have, therefore in order to heal the skin, it requires rest. It is very scientific when you think about it.