Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey..

I have moderate/mild acne, and have a lot of red marks.. I can cover it up pretty well with make-up, but a few hours later my face looks kind of shiny because I have to wear quite a bit of make-up .. (I use liquid foundation, then powdered foundation, then blush).. Anyway, does anyone know any good techniques to take away the shine without smudging make-up or having to re-apply make-up?.. I hear there are these little blotting sheets that doesn't mess-up makeup but controls shine, is this true? .. What are they called? Where can you get them? Thank you!

-Melissa :)

I seen these things on qvc once that is suppose to blot the oil, and not mess up your make-up, I think it cost like $20, you might be a able to find something else for a cheaper price. I don't have oily skin so I've never tried anything to blot oil, but if you want I can look for it for you.

Hi:

The sheets you are talking about are oil absorbing sheets called Clean&Clear from Johnson and Johnson. They are really good, they instantly remove the excess oil and wont smudge make up. Good too for the time we get shiny. About the price I dont remember, but I think I paid less that 3 dollars.

bye

The little square packets of blotting paper have been around since the 1930's. You can find them for a dollar or two at Asian markets that carry drugs and topicals or at very old-fashioned 5-and 10 cent stores. You can also use the paper toilet seat liners from the loo - exactly the same product. Just tear off a piece and blot away.

hello all, I have had very oily skin since I was 12. It was so oily that after I washed it 1 hour later it was oily. I have felt very depressed all my teenage years, I finally went to a doctor and she prescribed zoloft. Guess what the zoloft actually help my oily skin. Couldn't believe it at first but there are new studies that suggest oily skin is due to stress that actually makes your oil glands pump more oil. I have had panic attacks since I was 8 years old but never thought that my attacks and my oily skin were somehow connected. The zoloft also helped my ance but I still have the pre menstrual breakouts. I am 41 now and still searching. groove on everyone and never stop searching for the answers. I won't.

I use Shisheido oil blotting papers. They are about $15 for a 3 month supply. They are wonderful and they don't remove your makeup. Just blot on shiny areas and you're done!! They are a little more expensive but i've tried the cheaper brands and they irritated my face. I have sensitive skin so I have to be choosy about products. Good luck!

Lola

hi! blotting papers are a must. look into ketsugo or acne miracle spray. these products were the only things that got my oil slick under control.

best wishes!

You can get the shiseido oil blotting papers at www.perfumebay.com for only $9.90 (instead of $12.50 regular price) or you can go to any cosmetics store like Sephora (i don't know if they have this store in Canada) and they should have it or at least another brand.

hi!

I have oily skin too!

I use biotherm compact matifiant colorless blotting powder with white clay, and I find it super!!!!

It is also non comedogenic.

I put it on my face before and after foundation, and my face doesn't shine anymore, just a little bit in the evening so I put it on again and that's it!no more oily face!

I also use revlor colostay foundation and a shiseido light green concelear, you put it on your whole face before foundation and it hides perfectly redness, red marks and spots! It also make your skin shine (in a positive way :X )!!

I have another tip for oily skin: when you have finish with make up point your hair-dryer against your face and let the hot air on it for 10 seconds!

It works!!

cover girl also makes blotting papers that are very cheap and effective, i got mine for a dollar a pack of 30 at the Dollar Tree they are called Freshlook blotting papers 8)

Those blotting sheets could sometimes be very expensive. What I've found to work just as well are napkins... the normal square kind that you by at Costco. It has more surface area too. Besides, napkins are made to absorb oil. Open it up and hold it against the light and you can see how much oil it absorbs.

It is a liquid stuff. You just put on a "dime-size" amount on a cotton ball or something and apply it to your face, then add your make-up. (if you wear make-up) I enjoy this really, very much. All it does is minmize the oil on your face, and help with the shine. You can find it in any drug store (walgreens, longs drugs) whichever one. it is like an orangey color with a purple cape. it is a bottle. and it will last a while too. (depending on how much you want to use) it is by Clean and Clear. I hope you find it! 8)

A cheap solution for teenagers with little cash and oily skin are Taco Bell napkins. They work pretty good in a pinch, and don't cost anything. Stealing is bad, buy a burrito.

i used to use the shiseido ones, pretty good but the mac blot films are great. they don't leave any powder or film on your skin and one sheet lasts fairly well. they don't affect my makeup either, i'm really happy with them. however, stuff you can get in drugstores will do as well.:o

Yeah...I'm a teenager with NO money so I'm trying to find the least expensive of everything that isn't crap....do the ones that the dollar tree work well??? Cause if they do rock on brotha cause i need em!!!

NYC pressed powder is really good at blotting over excess oil (it doesn't look cakey over oil). Mac blot powder is supposed to be good too (I've never tried it).

Mary Kay Beauty Blotters are excellent for oil control. They cost about $5 but you have to find a Mary Kay consultant to buy them through. Believe me, they are worth it!

i have oily skin as well and let me tell you, MAC oil control lotion is amazing!! it's a bit pricey, but totally worth it. my skin stays shine free for a long time, then when i need a touch up, i use clean and clear oil blotting sheets.

Cat,

>>>>I use biotherm compact matifiant colorless blotting powder with white clay, and I find it super!!!!

Where do you get this? I googled and saw some biotherm sites but I don't see this product???