Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DanMan1

NEED HELP....MOISTURIZER

Ok .. ive been on the regimen for aobut 3 months... the first 2 weeks i used cetaphil moisturizer, and it broke me out very bad.... so i discontinued use of that.

Now i dont use moisturizer, and i probably should, so i need you guys to help me figure out what kind of moisturizer weill help me without clogging or making my acne worse.

I am 100% clear just a bunch of red spots... ne info wud be appreciated.. Thanks.

Have you checked out the "product/treatment ratings" section of this site? There are a lot of helpful ratings & reviews of lots of moisturizers.

I used a friend's Cetaphil moisturizer a couple times and didn't like it either.

Lots of people on this site REALLY like the Eucerin SkinRenewal lotion, but apparently it's going to be discontinued in a few months.

I've been using Neutrogena Oil-Free moisturizer for Combination Skin, which seems fine. I have somewhat oily skin though (though it's dry in places from the bp!) and have heard great things about a mositurizer called Complex15, so that's what I'm going to be trying next.

The important things are that you get a moisturizer that is oil-free and is non-comedogenic (won't clog pores). It's also a good idea to get a mosturizer that doesn't have added medication (although certain Alpha Hydroxy Acids can be useful), but added sunscreen is a bonus since bp makes your skin more susceptible to sun damage.

Have you checked out the "product/treatment ratings" section of this site?  There are a lot of helpful ratings & reviews of lots of moisturizers.

I used a friend's Cetaphil moisturizer a couple times and didn't like it either.

Lots of people on this site REALLY like the Eucerin SkinRenewal lotion, but apparently it's going to be discontinued in a few months.

I've been using Neutrogena Oil-Free moisturizer for Combination Skin, which seems fine.  I have somewhat oily skin though (though it's dry in places from the bp!) and have heard great things about a mositurizer called Complex15, so that's what I'm going to be trying next.

The important things are that you get a moisturizer that is oil-free and is non-comedogenic (won't clog pores).  It's also a good idea to get a mosturizer that doesn't have added medication (although certain Alpha Hydroxy Acids can be useful), but added sunscreen is a bonus since bp makes your skin more susceptible to sun damage.

Tell us what you think of Complex 15, silver.

omg I cannot even imagine not using moisturizer at this point! I have somewhat oily skin and I am into my 2nd week of the regimen and my skin is SOO dry!!!

Anyways, When I used rxn meds from my derm years ago they suggested a gentle cleanser and moisturizer as well. I used Cetaphil bar soap and Neutrogena oil free SPF 15. worked out great. Then I thought 'hey i'm really happy w/ my cetephil bar maybe I'll try their moisturizer'. BIG MISTAKE!!! that stuff did not agree w/ my skin and it was a mess. So went back to the neutrogena and was fine. It's funny how they're meant to be so similar but yet were totally different.

So yeah, I'd suggest trying Neutrogena Oil Free SPF 15. It's funny because I didn't do well w/ Neutrogena cleansers, but love the moisturizer!

omg I cannot even imagine not using moisturizer at this point! I have somewhat oily skin and I am into my 2nd week of the regimen and my skin is SOO dry!!!

Anyways, When I used rxn meds from my derm years ago they suggested a gentle cleanser and moisturizer as well.  I used Cetaphil bar soap and Neutrogena oil free SPF 15.  worked out great.  Then I thought 'hey i'm really happy w/ my cetephil bar maybe I'll try their moisturizer'. BIG MISTAKE!!! that stuff did not agree w/ my skin and it was a mess.  So went back to the neutrogena and was fine.  It's funny how they're meant to be so similar but yet were totally different. 

So yeah, I'd suggest trying Neutrogena Oil Free SPF 15.  It's funny because I didn't do well w/ Neutrogena cleansers, but love the moisturizer!

I use both the Cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser. What happened to you when you tried the Cetaphil moisturiser?

I use both the Cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser. What happened to you when you tried the Cetaphil moisturiser?

I know this question wasn't directed at me. :) However, when I tried the Cetaphil moisturizer I noticed it mixed strangely with the bp that had absorbed into my skin... forming some white "patches" that didn't mix well and were harder to absorb into the skin. (That was sorta hard to describe, I hope it makes sense.) Although, I don't remember if that was after I started using Dan's bp gel or not... it may have been a reaction with the bp cream I was using before.

Also, it seemed a little greasy for my skin, but my skin is rather oily in places, so that may have something to do with it.

I started using the Complex 15 face cream today, and it seems fine, but I haven't had enough time to judge it well yet. Nothing immediately disagreeable about it, however. :)