Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keithr23

Stop scaring people away from Accutane

Acne started to consume my life, and then accutane saved it.  Now, my grades are back to normal, im not missing school, and im back into sports.  Before, I would worry about it 24/7.  I would pretty much starve myself on acne diets, losing several pounds of muscle.  I couldnt talk to girls, or meet new people.  My confidence was shot.  Then I went on accutane, and everything went back to normal just like that.  All the other medications were a waste of time.  Like Seasofink said, if one derm says no, see another, thats what I did.  All the side effects are exaggerated.  Sorry if I sound like a dork going on about it, but its just that good.

and studies have shown accutane has a correlation with depression, so its actually advised to not take accutane if you have depression, though someone with severe acne probably is depressed.

and studies have shown accutane has a correlation with depression, so its actually advised to not take accutane if you have depression, though someone with severe acne probably is depressed.

Link to these studies please. I have researched this issue and only found a study that shows the exact opposite. To the best of my knowledge, the only link between Accutane and depression is a media/political fabrication.