Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wasting_days_away

what kind of make-up do you wear?

On days I work:

Tinted Moisturizer with sunscreen (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer)

set with Physician's Formula Mineral Makeup in Translucent

Eyeliner (NYC- cheap but it works!)

Mascara (Neutrogena . . . can't remember what but it is the square gold tube. I got it bc it is a very similar formula to ShuUmera (lol I did NOT spell that right!) and it's about $6 -- it doesn't dry hard so won't flake into your eyes)

Lip gloss and sometimes liner

Physician's Formula Wet/Dry eyeshadow trio

Bourjois Blush/Bronzer

and sometimes a Bourjois concealer made to immitate the YSL I-cant-think-of-what that is the brush on highligher/concealer combo.

I would probably wear most of this going out but in different colors.

If I don't work and am not going out, I might just wear the mineral makeup or mascara or nothing at all.

i only use makeup when i go to work (i work part time so that's 2 days a week)

i use:

face primer

green concealer

foundation/tinted moisturier

blush

mascara

and if my lips are dried, i use lip balm, and maybe a little bit of gloss...

Guest ldanielle

on college days -

foundation, mascara and eyeliner usually, sometimes without the eyeliner or only a little, and maybe a little powder over the foundation

on any other day, say if I was just going out shopping or something -

maybe some concealer and powder, and mascara

If I'm going out somewhere that isn't special in the evening I'd usually wear nothing. I HATE having to wear any kind of make up at all though, makes me feel disgusting, but I know that I need it with my skin doubt.gif I'm only 17 ffs and even though people say it doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot I feel like it's fucking plastered on 3 inches thick.

Whether I wear foundation or not also depends on how bad I feel my skin is looking that particular day. And then I get the odd day where I don't give a shit and will walk out looking like complete shit with nothing on.

I also constantly keep a small tub of Vaseline with me and apply it throughout the day, wherever I am, because my lips tend to get dry a lot.

BTW, baptista, you say you might wear Mineral Makeup or mascara if you're not going to work or going out... why...?

I wear Bare Escentuals mineral makeup almost daily. Unless I end up staying home all day and cleaning or something. I mix my BE w/ a little bit if Philosophy's mineral makeup to get the best color for me. I also use BE's Bisque as a concealer.

I will generally line my eyes w/ black e/s and a squiggle brush and do neutral eye shadows. (BE, Laura Mercier, Bobbie Brown)

I use BE or Laura Mercier blush as well as a TINY bit of BE's warmth for bronzer to just give me a little lift and contour. I finish that w/ BE's mineral veil to control shine, set my m/u, and blend my foundation/blush/bronzer. Sometimes I do mascara and sometimes I don't - I have really long lashes.

I usually don't go out of the house w/o makeup...

Moisturizer

Concealer

Foundation

Bronzer

Mascara

Eyeliner

When going out somewhere special, I add

Blush

Eyeshadow

A LOT of Bronzer

Lip gloss

Guest Tinky

Mascara

Lip gloss

Concealer

Powder

I am going to try some minerals in hopes of ditching the concealer and powder

combo. Most days I just go for mascara and that's it....without it I look so tired ( I

am most days)

i don't think there's anything wrong with wearing foundation. as long as you put it on evenly and it doesn't look or feel caked on then it's fine. i wear almay blemish clearing foundation and i don't feel like i'm wearing it at all yet it covers well and doesn't looked caked on.

I wear Bare Escentuals mineral makeup almost daily.  Unless I end up staying home all day and cleaning or something.  I mix my BE w/ a little bit if Philosophy's mineral makeup to get the best color for me.  I also use BE's Bisque as a concealer.

I will generally line my eyes w/ black e/s and a squiggle brush and do neutral eye shadows. (BE, Laura Mercier, Bobbie Brown)

I use BE or Laura Mercier blush as well as a TINY bit of BE's warmth for bronzer to just give me a little lift and contour.  I finish that w/ BE's mineral veil to control shine, set my m/u, and blend my foundation/blush/bronzer.  Sometimes I do mascara and sometimes I don't - I have really long lashes.

Guest ldanielle

BTW, baptista, you say you might wear Mineral Makeup or mascara if you're not going to work or going out... why...?

Why not? I like makeup!

i use the following make up and love it (after loads of searching):

Estee Lauder - maximum cover lightweight foundation (UK version), foundation brush and aeromatte ultraluscent pressed powder - all are oil free

YSL - effet caux cils mascara in black

La Roche Posay crayon eyeliner in black or Revlon

Lancome Crayon Khol Waterproof in Turquoise

Shiseido pen refillable liquid eye liner in black

Guerlain eye shadow quad in 260 rose

La Roche Posay Satin Blusher

Body Shop lip liner

Eva Garden lip gloss

i'm so happy with all the items!

at the moment i finally found out how i can blow dry my hair sleek and straight - i use the Kent straightening brush and it's so easy!

The derm suggests wearing only powder, unless you absolutely have to wear liquid foundation, if you have active acne. Her reasoning is it makes it more difficult to treat the acne as any liquid M/U will make acne worse. Your skin needs to breath. The only exception would be if you are on Accutane. When you are on Accutane, your pores will push out anything that gets into them.

Why not? I like makeup!

The other thing I've noticed is that I am more likely to pick at things if they are very obvious to me -- makeup makes things less obvious, and I also know that if I pick at it I will have to re-do my whole face, so for me I think whatever annoyances makeup may cause my skin are pretty much made up by makeup keeping me from touching my face.