Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keithr23

extreme makeover guy w craters

Does anyone remember or saw the Extreme Makeover with the guy that had the horrible pock marks and acne scars fixed on his face. He served ten years for killing someone and didnt even do it once they used dna evidence so the state released him. By this time he was bald had rotten teeth adn had horrible pocks and scars all over his face. I saw the show before I really worried about scars so I didnt pay that much attention to it. Long story short the guy had great skin along with new teeth and a weave. i was wondering what this guy had done and who fixed his face. I'm sure most of us look a lot better than the guy on the show so i am sure that theres something that could work.

I guess the only thing to do would be to check the website, or if theres no info there call the network (CBS or something) and find out. I saw one episode where the girl had acne scars and they laseres her face. There was some improvement but she was also wearing makeup. Anyway, from all of my research, lasers are a big NO NO, so if you really want to know, call the network directly. I'm sure they'll give you the info as the show is a form of advertising for the doc's who do the procedures. If you find out, please let us know. Good Luck!!!

Looks like he had excision and laser resurfacing.

http://www.ienhance.com/extreme-makeover/e...eover-s3e13.asp

Colin

Colin your good man. I looked all over for that story. I knew I wasnt crazy and actually rememberd that episode lol. This dude looked NASTY though at the beginning and his scars were hardly noticable by the end. I wonder what kind of laser they used on him? There u go a person that got rid of horrible acne scars on national television. Theres hope 4 everyone.

Actually, the excision probably did most of the scar reducing.

Your definately right about that no resurfacing is gonna take care of deep pocks. Excision is cutting out the scar and sewing it back together correct? This dude had REAL big scars I didnt know they couold cut out real big pock marks. I dont have any of those to worry about but I'm sure many of u do. I do have one nasty keloid that I will probably have to get cut out, and right on my cheek close to my nose.(is there a worse spot for your worst scar? lol) I wish the article showed a before and after picture of the dude it was amazing.

Also I remember after he had seen his face and cried and all of that the host ask him what he liked best about his face adn he said his skin. Well duh.

Those pix suck u can only really see how deep his scars were in one picture when he has the thing on his nose getting a wig. The dudes face did not look anything like it did at the beginning. the pix really dont even show his scars at the beginning or the end very good.

Remember that this show is done in a three month period too

Were all his scars from acne? Looks like some of them are quite large, more like trauma.

hmm I dont know. He did have some acne scarring bad on his neck too, which I have not really seen anyone talk about.