Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

does hand soap work 4 ur face???? i mean its anti-bacterial, so does ne 1 know if it works????? i need 2 know urgently so post back asap  biggrin.gif

i've used it for a few months, it never hurt, and its better than using bar soap, but it didnt make a dramatic difference. good luck

does hand soap work 4 ur face???? i mean its anti-bacterial, so does ne 1 know if it works????? i need 2 know urgently so post back asap  biggrin.gif

i've used it for a few months, it never hurt, and its better than using bar soap, but it didnt make a dramatic difference. good luck

thnk u thnk u btw does it dry out pimples fast? will it dry my face out or ne thng?

Dunno. I would worry if you are using one which has a lot of color or fragrance.

I do have a question though. I was reading through Paula B's website and she said something about Triclosan not being proven to kill acne bacteria. Anyone know whether that's true? I've gotten used to taking Paula's advice with a grain (or two or three) of salt so I don't know whether I should believe that since it seems like she randomly believes some studies and trashes others.

anti bacterial is not good for you.. because if u use it, it will cause you to be immune to other bacteria whatever it's called and then when your acne comes back its harder to get rid of

anti bacterial is not good for you.. because if u use it, it will cause you to be immune to other bacteria whatever it's called and then when your acne comes back its harder to get rid of

That's not correct mizbachang, you don't become immune to the bacteria, the bacteria become immune to the antibiotics. But bacteria don't necessarily become immune to antibacterial agents (they often attack bacteria at a fundamental level they can't work around). For example, bleach is antibacterial; as is BP.

Antibiotics are generally much more specific, and easier for the bacteria to work around.