Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paranoid

Acne on scalp

Has anyone ever head acne on your scalps? My head is always a bit greasy, although i take a shower everyday. I found out that using a blow dryer to dry my hair avoids the greasyness, but i my hair looks funny when i dry it. sad.gif

Once my doctor prescribed me some antibiotics and it removed all the acne on my head, but after a few weeks it came back. I sense my hair is falling a lot! Enough to clog the drain...which sucks.

What do you do to avoid this? I use some benzoil peroxyde when i go to bed, but it's not easy to reach the full lenght of my scalp and covering all the whiteheads and redness. I think it's a staphillococcus infection. redface.gif

What should i do? Help me...

Pardon if my english is not that great. eusa_whistle.gif

Um, what about sebboric dermatitis (sp?) I would go back to see a dr as repeatedly putting BP in your hair will almost certainly bleach it. If you dont' want to see a dr, perhaps try a dandruff shampoo for sensitive skin or go to your pharmacist and have him/her recommend a fragrance and irritant free shampoo. However, if you really think you have a staph infection, definitely go back to the Dr.

Um, what about sebboric dermatitis (sp?)  I would go back to see a dr as repeatedly putting BP in your hair will almost certainly bleach it.  If you dont' want to see a dr, perhaps try a dandruff shampoo for sensitive skin or go to your pharmacist and have him/her recommend a fragrance and irritant free shampoo.  However, if you really think you have a staph infection, definitely go back to the Dr.

Um, what about sebboric dermatitis (sp?)  I would go back to see a dr as repeatedly putting BP in your hair will almost certainly bleach it.  If you dont' want to see a dr, perhaps try a dandruff shampoo for sensitive skin or go to your pharmacist and have him/her recommend a fragrance and irritant free shampoo.  However, if you really think you have a staph infection, definitely go back to the Dr.

agree completely.

in time, BP will bleach ur hair and u should stop applying it onto your scalp

what shampoo do u use? prehaps u could try shampoo's like Johnson's baby shampoo which is definitely gentle enough since babies can use it too eusa_angel.gif

right now i'm getting most of my breakouts on my scalp...but mostly the back of my head above my neck. i have used BP back there even though i know it might bleach it..it doesnt' matter cuz i get that part trimmed frequently anyways...but besides that...what shampoo is best to use? is there an 'acne shampoo' out there that can help with this problem?? if not then can anyone recommend me a good shampoo to use. thanks much!

Guest pokerbugg

do u massage ur scalp when u shampoo?...

It won't be to do with how hard you massage the shampoo into your scalp. Have you ever tried tea tree oil shampoo? This stuff worked wonders for me.

actually...i have tried tea tree oil shampoo..but it didn't work for me. what's this NEEM stuff? has anyone tried it and is it effective in helping with scalp acne??

i see, you must have a sensitive skin or you skin is not used to it. Also tea tree oil is not majoritily for skin care purpose.

Neem’s antiseptic properties are widely recognized now. “Neem preparations are reportedly efficacious against a variety of skin diseases, septic sores, and infected burns. The leaves, applied in the form of poultices or decoctions, are also recommended for boils, ulcers, and eczema. The oil is used for skin diseases such as scrofula, indolent ulcers and ringworm.

Scalp is the head's skin... it's llike applying an acne oil in you scalp acne at the same time shampooing your hair.