Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
butterknife25

Initial break out period Accutane

I’m thinking about getting on Accutane, wether my Dr. prescribes it to me or not I I can get it it. Anyway I’m concerned about the initial break out period. Do you have to have one. Sometimes I could go months without acne and then a huge cyst pops up or a couple of white heads. The cysts are more of a concer because they leave scars. This has been going on the last 3 years and even though I don’t always have acne I know eventually a cyst will pop up. I have tried all of the usual medications and nothing really works long term. My question to fellow board members is. I’m usually clear for weeks at a time If get on accutane will I still have an initial break out. ??? I need the type of long-term resolution that accutane may provide but because of my job I don’t know If I’m ready f or a face full of acne. I usually only have 1 or 2 cysts. Thanks..

I’m thinking about getting on Accutane, wether my Dr. prescribes it to me or not I I can get it it. Anyway I’m concerned about the initial break out period. Do you have to have one. Sometimes I could go months without acne and then a huge cyst pops up or a couple of white heads. The cysts are more of a concer because they leave scars. This has been going on the last 3 years and even though I don’t always have acne I know eventually a cyst will pop up. I have tried all of the usual medications and nothing really works long term. My question to fellow board members is. I’m usually clear for weeks at a time If get on accutane will I still have an initial break out. ???  I need  the type of long-term resolution that accutane may provide but  because of my job I don’t know If I’m ready f or a face full of acne. I usually only have 1 or 2 cysts. Thanks..