Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Today on Sunday October 9, 2005. I ate a donut, like 3 yogurts and some other crap. If tommarow I see a new pimple, i'll prollly think its form today

Today on Sunday October 9, 2005. I ate a donut, like 3 yogurts and some other crap. If tommarow I see a new pimple, i'll prollly think its form today

i believe that some foods might affect your sebum secretions and therefore could affect your acne overnight.

Even though the general concensus is that it takes longer.

It actually takes 8-12 weeks for an acne lesion to develop. It takes 7-14 days for a microcomedone (invisable plug in a pore) to turn into an inflammatory lesion (papule or pustule). The stage between the formation of a microcomedone and the formation of an actual pimple can take months. So eating something today can't cause a breakout tomorrow, unless of course you have an allergic reaction to the particular food, and mistake hives for acne.

Likewize, preventing (not curing) acne through diet, (after cleansing and stuff) can also take months, since the microcomedones present at the start of the diet change need to resolve (8-12 weeks).

The BP gel from Dan's regimen only kills the p. acnes bacteria, preventing the inflammatory lesion from forming. It doesn't however prevent microcomedone formation, so when you stop using it you break out as the microcomedones become inflamed.

As far as we know now neither method can completely cure acne (I'm sure some here will beg to differ)..... both methods just prevent it.

actually takes 8-12 weeks for an acne lesion to develop. It takes 7-14 days for a microcomedone (invisable plug in a pore) to turn into an inflammatory lesion (papule or pustule). The stage between the formation of a microcomedone and the formation of an actual pimple can take months. So eating something today can't cause a breakout tomorrow, unless of course you have an allergic reaction to the particular food, and mistake hives for acne.

Likewize, preventing (not curing) acne through diet, (after cleansing and stuff) can also take months, since the microcomedones present at the start of the diet change need to resolve (8-12 weeks).

The BP gel from Dan's regimen only kills the p. acnes bacteria, preventing the inflammatory lesion from forming. It doesn't however prevent microcomedone formation, so when you stop using it you break out as the microcomedones become inflamed.

As far as we know now neither method can completely cure acne (I'm sure some here will beg to differ)..... both methods just prevent it.

actually takes 8-12 weeks for an acne lesion to develop. It takes 7-14 days for a microcomedone (invisable plug in a pore) to turn into an inflammatory lesion (papule or pustule). The stage between the formation of a microcomedone and the formation of an actual pimple can take months. So eating something today can't cause a breakout tomorrow, unless of course you have an allergic reaction to the particular food, and mistake hives for acne.

So what you are saying is that if diet really has to do with acne, what ever you eat (like junk food: chips, donuts) it would take more than 2 weeks for a pimple to form? Well I don't really know, how some people say how diet can do this and that.

When people say "let's see if diet affect acne" I wonder if they are linking the food they eat with their insides? As for me this is the most important point.

Your organs try to break down the food you give it. If it has difficulties with that, your body becomes toxic to an extent, and then tries to get rid of all the unwanted toxins through your skin.

It's not the food that's the problem - it's your organs.

Of course if your eating macdonalds every day and all kinds of other highly unhealthy food you'll overload your body, no matter how healthy your organs (mainly gut, liver and kidneys) are.

... preventing (not curing) acne through diet ...

I'm not doubting that a major diet change can help prevent acne. I suffer from adult acne, which I have controlled to a certain extent using medication, which I agree, is just a "band aid." I am not cured, and won't be until whatever is causing it is resolved.

It annoys me that people think that acne can be "cured" naturally. I see no difference between using a topical cream or an internal medication to prevent acne and preventing acne internally by avoiding certain foods and going through numerous internal cleanses. Both methods just prevent acne. Neither cure it. Once you go back to a "normal" diet you acne within time will return, just as once you stop using a medication your acne will return.