Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My doctor suggested it, but I'm not so sure if my acne is bad enough to get it... Can doctors prescribe it here? I might actually ask him for it, because he has prescribed some antibiotics which seem to have made my face worse than it was before eusa_wall.gif He said it would help with red marks and scaring aswell so I'm still wondering. But I'm also wondering what risks this drug has wacko.gif I'm still not sure. Next time I go should I ask for it?

If it's not severe acne don't take it. It's like rat poison, it kills the pimples but it can kill a little bit of you too..

Guest ldanielle

He said it would help with what type of scarring? I don't understand how any tablets can help with scars indented/raised/ice pick that are already on your face...? How does that work?

Or do you just mean he meant it would prevent further severe acne and therefore prevent scarring? please be clear

It does help scarring. Your skin gets very dry and keeps exfoliating itself, so the least deep scars dissappear.

I've taken Roaccutane and it did make most of my scars go away.

It does help scarring. Your skin gets very dry and keeps exfoliating itself, so the least deep scars dissappear.

I've taken Roaccutane and it did make most of my scars go away.

Guest LDanielle

so it will get rid of red marks too if it gets rid of scars? Seriously? Why does no-one speak of taking it for red marks in the other forum :think:

so it will get rid of red marks too if it gets rid of scars? Seriously? Why does no-one speak of taking it for red marks in the other forum :think:

Probably because if it does, it only helps a little. And its a health hazard, so why use that if there are other safer ways.

Guest LDanielle

other ways I've tried so far seem to be shit

other ways I've tried so far seem to be shit

God I wish they weren't, I've got some bad scarring :( Really though, until I get the acne under control there's no point trying to help the scarring.