Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dublin22

Post Accutane Skin Regimen

Hi Everyone,

I have a half a month of Accutane left and then I want to start nourishing my skin to get it back in shape. It's so dry and red with post acne marks and what my derm calls superficial scarring (by the way, does anyone know if superficial scarring is easy to treat? or atleast cover and if conditions improve after Accutane is out of the system? (I never scarred before Accutane so it's a bit upsetting) I will have two months after I finish Accutane before I go on vacation with my fiance and family to Europe and I want my skin to look at least a bit better by then. Does anyone who have been off of Accutane for a while have a suggestion, or even someone who is about to finish and is in the same spot as me, or someone who just knows alot about skin care? I would really appreciate any ideas any of you might have. Even ideas for natural looking makeup including foundation and concealor for uneven skin.

But mostly I'm interested in feeding my skin good moisture and antioxidants...should I try aloe, vitamin e, etc...? I am thinking about using Astara skin products because they are natural and soothing for the skin. Also thinking about copper peptides.

Thanks for listening!

Hi Everyone,

I have a half a month of Accutane left and then I want to start nourishing my skin to get it back in shape.  It's so dry and red with post acne marks and what my derm calls superficial scarring (by the way, does anyone know if superficial scarring is easy to treat?  or atleast cover and if conditions improve after Accutane is out of the system? (I never scarred before Accutane so it's a bit upsetting)  I will have two months after I finish Accutane before I go on vacation with my fiance and family to Europe and I want my skin to look at least a bit better by then.  Does anyone who have been off of Accutane for a while have a suggestion, or even someone who is about to finish and is in the same spot as me, or someone who just knows alot about skin care?  I would really appreciate any ideas any of you might have.  Even ideas for natural looking makeup including foundation and concealor for uneven skin. 

But mostly I'm interested in feeding my skin good moisture and antioxidants...should I try aloe, vitamin e, etc...?  I am thinking about using Astara skin products because they are natural and soothing for the skin.  Also thinking about copper peptides. 

Thanks for listening!

Thanks Seasofink. That makes me feel a bit better about some of my red marks. Though they are indented a bit like a scar. Is this different? A bit like the very surface is winkled skin like a scar. Those might be scars...or atleast get better after I finish Accutane? I hear things get much better after finishing Accutane concerning healing faster.

Do you think that alot of what looks like scarring now on Accutane could be inflamation that will go down some while the medicine is leaving my system after a month of stopping? I just don't understand why I am scarring. I never scarred in my life, even when I would pop a painful underground cyst. I think my dermatologist was wrong in prescribing me Accutane because I am worse off now. I wish I used Obagi instead. I think I still will. Has anyone heard of that/used it? thanks everyone.