Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rentstuff

Dan pls update your "Acne myths section"

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...be948f6ebfc5fe6

"Within the dermatology community, a general consensus has emerged that diet is unrelated to the etiology of acne. Except for 2 poorly designed studies, now more than 30 years old, there are few objective data to support this notion. In contrast, a large body of evidence now exists showing how diet may directly or indirectly influence the following 5 proximate causes of acne:

(1) increased proliferation of basal keratinocytes within the pilosebaceous duct,

(2) incomplete separation of ductal corneocytes from one another via impairment of apoptosis and subsequent obstruction of the pilosebaceous duct,

(3) androgen-mediated increases in sebum production,

(4) colonization of the comedo by Propionibacterium acnes, and

(5) inflammation both within and adjacent to the comedo.

This article will provide a review of the currently available literature on the association between diet and acne vulgaris as well as a discussion of the physiologic principles that may underlie this association."

it just says in summary that diet may not cause acne directly BUT the CAUSES of acne are in turn CAUSED by poor diet... much like

poor diet --> leads to any of the five causes (see above) ---> leads to acne. referring to the CHOCOLATE myth that it can cause acne, it is related to Cause # 3 (see above)

Plaease update your acne myth section found here http://www.acne.org/myths.html thanks

Actually, I find Dan's Acne Myths section to be fine as it speaks truth.

Obviously, eating a healthy diet will benefit your skin (and your overall health). However, the point is that that doesn't mean eating a skittle.. or whatever, is going to make you break out the next day.

People who generally want to link their acne with their diet.. cut foods which are supposedly "acne aggravating" out of their diet. But really simply eating a balanced healthy diet is more beneficial to your skin than cutting out salt, or whatever.

Obviously, eating a healthy diet will benefit your skin (and your overall health). However, the point is that that doesn't mean eating a skittle.. or whatever, is going to make you break out the next day.

actually it takes about 1-2 weeks to develop acne through which food you ate. it's all about working from the inside out.

And interesting, I thought your point at first was to say that eating a healthy diet is good for acne, and eating unhealthy is bad for acne. Which means that diet does effect acne in a way..

However, your acne cure talk is BS

If I am allowed to make an attempt at clarifying on Mike's behalf, I think what he meant to say was that calling dietary change/food avoidance as an acne cureis preposterous, and the best claim one can assert is that it's acne prevention.

This notion is something that I personally and wholeheartedly agree with.

i appreciate ur insight narcuissus. anyway i just feel that at least we put emphasis that diet and acne are linked together.

dan u have a strong influence towards many members and esp new ones and that addressing this point that there have been strong abstracts relating acne to diet is very crucial. thanks a lot

And I appreciate your consideration as well, rentstuff, but really, by including diet, it may also jeopardise the 'status' of other claims, as to whether they are myths or not. An example would be the environment/climate, which I personally believe to have had implications in my case (ie. photodamaged skin), among other factors.

Also, with regards to the Skittles example, I've seen that thread before where the person claimed to have broken out the very next day. The same goes for quite alot of other stuff as well. Another that I've seen was about cheese/pizza.

And I appreciate your consideration as well, rentstuff, but really, by including diet, it may also jeopardise the 'status' of other claims, as to whether they are myths or not. An example would be the environment/climate, which I personally believe to have had implications in my case (ie. photodamaged skin), among other factors.

I havn't read the entire post because I don't have time but I'd just like to say that diet does effect MY acne I don't give a shit what the "experts" say.

Avoiding certain foods though is just retarded, all you need is common sense, just eat a diet with plenty of fruit vegetables and protein also drink plenty of water.

If you go about your day eating nothing but junk and guzzling 5 or six cans of coke a day then you are asking for it.

I havn't read the entire post because I don't have time but I'd just like to say that diet does effect MY acne I don't give a shit what the "experts" say.

Avoiding certain foods though is just retarded, all you need is common sense, just eat a diet with plenty of fruit vegetables and protein also drink plenty of water.

If you go about your day eating nothing but junk and guzzling 5 or six cans of coke a day then you are asking for it.

If I am allowed to make an attempt at clarifying on Mike's behalf, I think what he meant to say was that calling dietary change/food avoidance as an acne cureis preposterous, and the best claim one can assert is that it's acne prevention.

This notion is something that I personally and wholeheartedly agree with.

Once again I RESENT THE 'FALSE HOPE' COMMENT! i feel really badly about this. sad.gif You have seriously taken a whole lot of the idea out of context. The natural approach is difficult to digest and neither for the people without the time nor for the undisciplined

1. The detox program is NOT THE SAME for everybody. It MUST be customized. I never said that liver flushing PER SE is enough. Clearly, I have made mention that liver flushing is almost always a part of the whole program since acne is a cause of imbalanced hormones AND a set of congested toxins.

2. The two main reasons of having a failed natural cure are (a) losing the time, discipline and interest due to failure of constantly following the program midway through and (b) misdiagnosing the real cause since there is a specific natural cure for every root cause (insulin resistance, hormonal imbalance, candida albicans, gut dysbiosis)

3. It is DEFINITELY NOT a short-term travel. I myself am in roughly 80% towards acne remission since I MYSELF missed something along the way.

When someone says that the natural cure never worked for them, MORE OFTEN than not (but not all encompassing) it is because they never have diagnosed the REAL CAUSE of the onset of their acne (Signature #1), be it candidiasis, gut dysbiosis, or insulin resistance, or perhaps simple dietary allergic reaction. I however respect the person who feels that diet has no effect on them BUT I WOULD NEVER rule out that it cannot be cured both internally and naturally.

I may understand your feeling right now (although u may be clear or not) since I have dealt with acne for about 6 years already after too much antibiotics and poor reliance on just topicals with the same fluctuating acne recurrence. As I see the future of a true acne treatment (similarly with the still *uncured* diseases), the only answer is nature (as opposed to synthetic vaccines, drugs). We just have yet to tap it

I'm wondering what the point of your original post was. Was it to tell Dan you don't necessarily agree with his "acne Myths" section, or is it to market your supposed " liver detoxifying acne cure".. ?

Anyway, I've read this stuff you've posted before, on other sites.. in fact there's some threads on this forum about detoxifying the liver.. so what is your point exactly?

BTW, my reasoning for the false hope bit is because even putting "cure" next to acne regardless, is BS.

(Oh, and no I don't suffer from acne any more, though I have in past)

I'm wondering what the point of your original post was. Was it to tell Dan you don't necessarily agree with his "acne Myths" section, or is it to market your supposed " liver detoxifying acne cure".. ?

1. Not that I market something as though I would gain anything from it at all. It was a supplementary rebuttal against your skittle argument.

Anyway, I've read this stuff you've posted before, on other sites.. in fact there's some threads on this forum about detoxifying the liver.. so what is your point exactly? BTW, my reasoning for the false hope bit is because even putting "cure" next to acne regardless, is BS.

2. I am adamant about claiming an existing cure for acne because science can back it up. Various abstracts have been conveniently condensed by sweetjade referring to countless scientific paper linking acne to diet DOWN to glucose intolerance DOWN TO diabetes DOWN TO Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. That is how deep acne can be i guess.

(Oh, and no I don't suffer from acne any more, though I have in past)

3. And in case your acne recurs, God forbid, I certainly do hope you consider the long term protocol I have been marketing.

Dude, you didn't even understand the point of my skittle argument.. and in fact it was to point that I was agreeing with you about acne and dieting. *rolls eyes*

Okay, science says a lot of things.. so if you're going to buy into crap you read because "science said so" then you're pretty naive.

Don't worry about my skin, it's fine.

Okay, science says a lot of things.. so if you're going to buy into crap you read because "science said so" then you're pretty naive.

Come on, so are you saying that you yourself are naive when you took the advice of your doctor and went into a course of antibiotics? Anyway forgive me if your motive of citing the skittle was to concur with me (although you still had to say that the existing myth in that page is fine already).

Notice that Dan hasn't even replied to this yet? I doubt acne has something drastic to do with diet, but I do believe that it concerns overall health. I've tried so many of the all the supposed "all-natural cures", but they ended up nothing but a big pile of BS to me. The only thing that's really worked for me is benzoyl peroxide, and that's why I think Dan's regimen is great! :clap:

Here's an example of why I think acne really has nothing drastic to do with diet. My cousins' parents both suffered from acne during their teens and late twenty's (my uncle's was severe - he has deep craters on his cheeks), but my cousin has a perfect face. And I've seen how this guy eats. He eats chicken wings like no other man I know. He also is a frequent smoker, drinker, and he does drugs. After all this, his face is still perfect. We once went swimming a couple of months ago, and this guy also has NO signs of bacne or chest-ne. I believe that his overall health will be affected in the long run, but his diet had nothing to do with acne, because he just doesn't have it. So in conclusion, I believe your supposed "natural cure" for acne is just bs. Period. :hand:

"Within the dermatology community, a general consensus has emerged that diet is unrelated to the etiology of acne. Except for 2 poorly designed studies, now more than 30 years old, there are few objective data to support this notion. In contrast, a large body of evidence now exists showing how diet may directly or indirectly influence the following 5 proximate causes of acne:

(1) increased proliferation of basal keratinocytes within the pilosebaceous duct,

(2) incomplete separation of ductal corneocytes from one another via impairment of apoptosis and subsequent obstruction of the pilosebaceous duct,

This article will provide a review of the currently available literature on the association between diet and acne vulgaris as well as a discussion of the physiologic principles that may underlie this association."

it just says in summary that diet may not cause acne directly BUT the CAUSES of acne are in turn CAUSED by poor diet... much like

poor diet --> leads to any of the five causes (see above) ---> leads to acne. referring to the CHOCOLATE myth that it can cause acne, it is related to Cause # 3 (see above)

Plaease update your acne myth section found here http://www.acne.org/myths.html thanks

Do u think this site is funded by goodwill and kindness?

Yes and also much from dan's own 2 pockets. thanks to u dan we owe it much to u. the door has been opened long before. im just trying to open up the windows and maybe tear down the roof. of course my suggestion doesnt do anything harm with the regimen's market sales if that's whats ur implying. we still need the regimen for those quick touch ups (and for relieving the bacterial proliferatino cause). having a specific type of diet for a certain amount of time is the first key (stress on "first", there's more to do i.e. detox) towards finally curing it.

i have this other belief that until "we" "havent found" a cure for diabetes, cancer, aids, we won't get anywhere near an acne cure (coz the pharm companies are looking for artificial cures and not natural ones).

Here's an example of why I think acne really has nothing drastic to do with diet. My cousins' parents both suffered from acne during their teens and late twenty's (my uncle's was severe - he has deep craters on his cheeks), but my cousin has a perfect face. And I've seen how this guy eats. He eats chicken wings like no other man I know. He also is a frequent smoker, drinker, and he does drugs. After all this, his face is still perfect.
The difference between your cousin and his parents isn't because they eat a different diet, or take different vitamins, or have a different skin care regimen...No it's nothing like that.

The difference is he is never "overflowing" his system with excess androgenic hormones and a very particular kind of highly congesting blood and lymph fluid toxins. Their livers are different. His is quickly deactivating and clearing from his blood any excess and/or previously "used" androgenic hormones and blood toxins. He has much stronger liver function in this regard. ur cousins' parents really have to watch out their diet, and not the same case for their lucky sonUNTIL they plan to reverse the condition in their livers by doing a liver detoxification. all i ask for u is to read medical facts and open up your mind, pls i hope u get a little of my point.

please please i hope u try to grasp these references:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...topic=57408&hl=

http://acneyoda.com/cause_of_acne.html

Acne is hormonal.

How do I know?

At 40 I was diagnosed with anxiety amongst other things.

My skin was clear til then.

Anxiety caused huge fight or flight hormonal surges and breakouts!

During these episodes the oil my skin produced was crazy!

Alot of women break out every month due to their cycles!

Bodybuilders get acne when cycling (doing steroids)!

Teenagers breakout at puberty, due to hormones!

A good balanced diet is just common sense.

BUT, all this acne diet restrictive crap increases stress which results in hormonal induced breakouts.

The only way junk food possibly causes acne is if you are a messy eater and leave greasy oil from it on your face.

Cleansing twice daily to remove oil which clogs pores and feeds bacteria and mites is important.

BP is superb at getting bacteria and mite proliferation under control.

Using oil free cosmetics with a low amount of ingredients sparingly to avoid further clogging and feeding bacteria and mites is also important.

Help yourself by doing The Regimen.

Yes and also much from dan's own 2 pockets. thanks to u dan we owe it much to u. the door has been opened long before. im just trying to open up the windows and maybe tear down the roof. of course my suggestion doesnt do anything harm with the regimen's market sales if that's whats ur implying. we still need the regimen for those quick touch ups (and for relieving the bacterial proliferatino cause). having a specific type of diet for a certain amount of time is the first key (stress on "first", there's more to do i.e. detox) towards finally curing it.

i have this other belief that until "we" "havent found" a cure for diabetes, cancer, aids, we won't get anywhere near an acne cure (coz the pharm companies are looking for artificial cures and not natural ones).

i beg to differ but as exemplified by the UN goodwill and kindness fund exactly nothing. I do admire Dan for putting this site up though.