Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadcat

Dan's BP gel for scar tissue and rough texture

Hi everyone!! I'm finally back after two months of being gone. Did anyone notice my absence from the message board?? biggrin.gif

Well, while I was away I stumbled upon an amazing discovery! You see, for over a year now I had tried TCA peels and many different topicals for scars (retina A, Vitamin C, Vit E, merderma, scar removers, super copx2) but NONE of them ever got rid of the rough texture of scar tissue. It was frustrating 'cause I'd look at my skin in various lighting and notice that the skin texture of my scars was different from the healthy skin surrounding it.

So anyway, to the point.. A couple months ago I decided to order Dan's BP (benzoyl peroxide) gel as "advertised" on the front page of acne.org and give it a try by rubbing a whole bunch of the BP gel all over my face! (I'm not too smart tongue.gif)

At first the BP gel made my face all red and swollen like my skin was allergic to it! (In fact it probably WAS allergic to it!) My face started crusting and peeling like crazy! I got so worried cuz I thought I had messed up my face big time!

So after the first application of the gel I stopped. And for the next couple weeks my face kept peeling and peeling.... And to my surprise, not only did the BP gel get rid of some of my acne, all the peeling had dramatically improved the texture of my scars! Now when I look at my skin in various lighting, the texture of my skin looks 90% improved! The texture of my scarred skin, especially within my deep large pockmarks, looks almost like the surrounding healthy skin! Some of my scars even appear to be a bit shallower!

I'm so happy to find something that actually works! Thanks Dan! Big pats on the back for ya! biggrin.gif

Hey I tried Dan's BP for months and months like this and I had no results. It could be an illusion. Trust me, I've had many of them where I think teh scars are getting smaller and shallower when in fact it is microswelling induced from overagressive application. Give it a couple of weeks trust me! They'll all return to their original state

Hey I tried Dan's BP for months and months like this and I had no results. It could be an illusion. Trust me, I've had many of them where I think teh scars are getting smaller and shallower when in fact it is microswelling induced from overagressive application. Give it a couple of weeks trust me! They'll all return to their original state

Guest Tinky
My face started crusting and peeling like crazy!

And for the next couple weeks my face kept peeling and peeling.... And to my surprise, not only did the BP gel get rid of some of my acne, all the peeling had dramatically improved the texture of my scars!

My face started crusting and peeling like crazy!

And for the next couple weeks my face kept peeling and peeling.... And to my surprise, not only did the BP gel get rid of some of my acne, all the peeling had dramatically improved the texture of my scars!

shock.gif You got a chemical burn, you are lucky the outcome was good.

I don't think you got burned.

It's normal for your face to peel with any BP application.

When I first used clearasel vanishing cream my face peeled A LOT. that's why you're "supposed" to mousturize it.