Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ylem

Topical so-called "scar removers"

Everybody, please keep in mind that I am not using these products (clearasil and University Medical) with the hopes of reducing pock marks. They are ONLY for red marks. Nothing topical will EVER EVER work to correct pitted scarring. Even so, the red marks will still take months to fade if the cysts were deep. I just don't want to get anybody's hopes up. Thanks!

Actually the clearsil stuff is for scars not red marks. I posted a topic about it a while back and someone said it was slightly working for their scars. They dont say it will get rid of scars anyway just make them look slightly less noticable. And who knows maybe in the future there will be a topical solution for pitted scars.

I don't know. When the skin's substructure is damaged it is usually permanent. I've had many reputable dermatologists and derm surgeons thell me this. The best thing for anyone to do is to PREVENT the acne from forming, and if it forms, do not squeeze or pick at the risk of exacerbating scarring. An ounce of prevention is the only way to go. Once the scars are there it is likely you will go to your grave with them. I wish I had done this 7 years back..oh god I wish I had i'll never forgive myself. With the severeity of my scarring, I know I will die wih them!

I thought depressed scarring was why you bought the University Medical product from the other thread. Are you using it and how long do you plan to use it? I sort of doubt any topical will do this either but keep us updated.

I don't know. When the skin's substructure is damaged it is usually permanent. I've had many reputable dermatologists and derm surgeons thell me this. The best thing for anyone to do is to PREVENT the acne from forming, and if it forms, do not squeeze or pick at the risk of exacerbating scarring. An ounce of prevention is the only way to go. Once the scars are there it is likely you will go to your grave with them. I wish I had done this 7 years back..oh god I wish I had i'll never forgive myself. With the severeity of my scarring, I know I will die wih them!

Please don't be pessimistic about this. I've read many many posts on this forum with people who have gotten rid of their scars with methods such as CROSS/NEEDLING/PEELS w Supercop etc. Even if the scars are not gone you can definitely imporve the appearance of your skin. From what I believe, the hardest thing about the scar revision process is finding the right procedure. With time and research there is always hope for improvement. I mean I plan on improving my skin but I know I will never have flawless skin, which I have accepted. BUT I will try to improve my skin as much as I can, but I know it will take time to see results. Just be hopeful.