Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DragonKore

Going from Proactiv to to the Clear Skin Regimen.

I started getting acne at about 14, but it wasn't that bad, although I did have one or two zits a day. I got Proactiv soon afterward and noticed a great difference, but to this day I'm still not completely satisfied. You can see and feels bumps all over my face that aren't noticeable unless you get close, and I get the occasional zit now and then. In other words, I have very mild acne (although I have a lot of red marks on my chin for some reason).

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if going from Proactiv to the Regimen should cause any problems. Since my skin is already used to the Benzoyl Peroxide in the Proactiv, should I be able to start off right away with the normal amount of BP? Also, is my skin ready for Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion?

In short, does this sound good for someone who's coming from Proactiv? Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion, and BP Gel.

Thanks for all the help.

eucerin skin renewal....forget abt it, it's gona be discontinued, and abt bp gel, u should try half a finger before going into full blast

eucerin skin renewal....forget abt it, it's gona be discontinued, and abt bp gel, u should try half a finger before going into full blast

Alright, I guess I'll go with Neutrogena Moisture Oil Free Formula instead, at least until Dan can find some way to manufacture a Eucerin Skin Renewal substitute (if he can).

Back to the main question at hand, does this sound good for someone coming from Proactiv? Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, Neutrogena Moisture Oil Free Formula, and BP Gel.

I'll give it a shot then, I'm just afraid of my face getting worse. I wouldn't want to see myself go from very mild to disgusting. I doubt that'll happen though. biggrin.gif

Alrighty then, all of my stuff has come and I'm ready to go. I already did this evening's routine, but I have a question. The pictures show that you should start with the small knuckle-sized amount of BP and Moisturizer starting out, but is that for the whole face or just one problem area? My main problem area is my chin, but I have bumps on upper cheeks and my forehead. Do I need to get that knuckle-sized amount for each area? I would think the tube would run dry in a week.