Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it GOOD because your impurities from below are coming out, or is it BAD because....well you know we never had positive reactions when we break out, we always think it's something bad, so is it bad?

But products we use, like Retin A, Accutane, will make us breakout massively right? Or should we hide those impurities beneath our skin forever and if they don't surface then lucky me, or if they do surface then the process will be slower

I think anytime you are clearing up a breakout, the condition will probably get worse before it gets better, if you are putting product on it, no matter what you are using. What you are doing is trying to clear out the pores, which means you are bringing everthing to the surface, which causes more pimples. This has to happen, or you will still have the bumps under the skin. You want to bring them out and get rid of them. Even something like Proactiv may cause more breakout before it actually clears up. There is no magic cure. cry.gif

If all you are doing is clearing up one pimple, that is not a breakout, IMHO. That is an isolated case.

It isn't a "positve" thing to have more pimples pop up, just a normal occurance in the process.

I think anytime you  are clearing up a breakout, the condition will probably get worse before it gets better, if you are putting product on it, no matter what you are using.  What you are doing is trying to clear out the pores, which means you are bringing everthing to the surface, which causes more pimples.  This has to happen, or you will still have the bumps under the skin.  You want to bring them out and get rid of them.  Even something like Proactiv may cause more breakout before it actually clears up.  There is no magic cure. cry.gif

Is it possible that the bumps will die away on their own without having stuff surfacing from it (eg. by...taking antibiotics?doubt.gif)? Wishful thinking I know!

Are you asking if breaking out is some kind of mechanism that actually protects us?  Hmmm...  maybe.  I suppose it's like sweating:  some people don't understand that sweat serves a purpose.  Just like body hair, for that matter.

Imagine if, all of a sudden, people started perceiving acne as a positive thing?

I suppose all we could hope is for people to tolerate it, at best.  doubt.gif

Nope I didn't mean that...

Lol if people start perceiving acne as a positive thing they may not break out even if they wanna! Or they could try putting on tons of makeup everyday lol